Mortal Kombat Movie Casting Call

Cardon

I don't know if stuff like this has been posted before or is frowned upon, but this site did a fantasy casting call if a new MK movie was made. MK: Rebirth is like its own thing, and Boon probably hates it, but this casting call is entirely based on the video games and which actors would be the best fits for the characters. Got some interesting choices listed and I'm not sure if everyone will agree with them.

MK Movie Kasting Kall: http://www.shogungamer.com/news/mortal-kombat-kasting-kall

DEFINITELY AGREE WITH SCOTT ADKINS PLAYING MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER, SCORPION. That guy was too bad ass in Undisputed 2 & 3, he would be perfect for him. Also, he played Deadpool in wolverine, even more epic.

Rain playing Liu Kang would be awesome as well, perfect body type for Liu Kang and his performance in ninja assassin was great.

Chow Yun Fat playing Shang Tsung will never happen, the role isnt elegant enough for his taste.

Gerard Butler playing Shao Kahn could work, but I dont know, mixed opinions.

Ray Park playing Sub Zero would be cool too.

Everything else I'm okay with except for Raiden. I want Lambert back!!!

Grace looks good as Kitana. Kelly Hu and Bernice Liu are also good actresses for Kitana, Mileena, and Jade.

Rain as Liu Kang : Absolutely. Not only because he's a decent actor, but he's good looking. lol

Chow Yun-fat as Shang Tsung : That would be pretty cool, actually. But very unlikely.

Jason Statham as Kano : No. Just no. That guy needs to go away.

Chris Pine as Johnny Cage : Hmmm... Maybe. He can bring Cage's attitude with ease. And he's good looking and all... But I'm not sure he has the Cage look.

Scott Adkins as Scorpion : WHOA! Who is this guy and why haven't I ****ed him? Yes.

Grace Park as Princess Kitana : Nope. Kitana needs to be prettier. This girl is just so very average.

Ray Park as Sub-Zero : I could see it happening. He's good looking, can do his own stunts and it would give me another excuse to go see him again and have him sign something that isn't a Darth Maul photo or Toad.

Rachael Taylor as Sonya Blade : Eh, I'm not feeling it. I don't really know enough about her acting and what she can bring to the screen, but she doesn't visually scream Sonya to me.

Andy Serkis as Goro : I... I don't know.

Guy Pearce as Raiden : Also not feeling it.

Gerard Butler as Shao Kahn : Maybe. He can do to the tough-ass bulky man thing. So maybe.

Chris Pine can easily pull it off, showcasing a younger johnny cage. The attitude is perfect, as weve seen in Star Trek, however the Martial Arts looks like the biggest hurdle.

HOW CAN YOU HATE STATHAM BRO!!!??? That guy is awesome, I probably give him more credit because he is British, but still he is today's leading pure action star IMO.

And Scott Adkins is a freaking BEAST. Watch Undisputed 2 & 3, youll love him even more.

Chris Pine can easily pull it off, showcasing a younger johnny cage. The attitude is perfect, as weve seen in Star Trek, however the Martial Arts looks like the biggest hurdle.

HOW CAN YOU HATE STATHAM BRO!!!??? That guy is awesome, I probably give him more credit because he is British, but still he is today's leading pure action star IMO.

And Scott Adkins is a freaking BEAST. Watch Undisputed 2 & 3, youll love him even more.

Like I said, Pine can bring the attitude and personality to Johnny. But I'm not sure he has the Johnny "look" to him.

Statham is a shit actor that does shit movies. lol I wanna punch his face off.

Agree w Chris Pine, disagree w Sonya. Neutral to the rest.

Imo, Michelle Pfeiffer for Sindel, Paris Hilton for Sonya.

Oddly, I agree about Pine playing Cage, which is peculiar considering how much I love the original [movie] Cage. (Ashby worshiper over here!)

I especially agree about Butler as Kahn because Gerard Butler is just as despicable as Shao Kahn. No offense meant to any fans, I just can't stand Gerard Butler.

I wish more characters had been added to that list, i.e. Reptile.

Agree w Chris Pine, disagree w Sonya. Neutral to the rest.

Imo, Michelle Pfeiffer for Sindel, Paris Hilton for Sonya.

Whatever you're on, I want some, but only about half of what you took.

I'd put Helena Bonham Carter for Sindel. P-E-R-F-E-C-T

Gerard Butler?

This... is... OUTWORLD!!! Lol, sorry, couldn't resist... but yeah, I agree with his ideas, especially for Liu Kang.

Gerard Butler as Shao Kahn would be perfect. I really like Grace Park as Kitana as well.

Chris Pine as Johnny Cage? I dunno... I get what they're saying about Star Trek, but seriously, the same actor playing Captain Kirk and Johnny Cage? Try imagining a young Shatner as JC... ick. I know Pine's portrayal of Kirk was different from Shatner's, but still... I'd like someone different as Cage.

Interesting choice of actors for the casting.

* Rain would make a perfect Liu Kang, he has the look, the style and the martial arts needed for him to represent our champion. Many disagree with Rain being Kang and I never figured out why. With 15 years of martial arts behind me I can assure those people that he is no newbie in the domain. His performance in "Ninja Assassins" was outstanding.

* Chow Yun Fat is perfect for Shang Tsung.

* Jason Statham is a perfect Kano, I say that everytime he appears on the screen.

* I am neutral to Chris Pine being Johnny Cage.

* Scott Adkins is one of my favorite martial arts actors, but his baby face won't do for Scorpion. His height is 5 ft 10 in (178 cm) which is approximately the height of Ray Park (5 ft 9 in (175 cm)) so that is excellent for the movie. It is best for Sub-Zero & Scorpion to have an equal height.
For scorpion I would go for the actor from rebirth. Check the eye expression below. Atkins being on the left side.

scorpu.jpg

* Ray Park is an excellent choice for Sub-Zero.

* Grace Park would make a excellent Jade, I don't see her as Kitana.

* Rachael Taylor as Sonya Blade *Shrugs*

* Guy Pearce as Raiden: Raiden needs to fight, at least 5 minutes in the movie. So I won't choose Lambert. This guy seems to have the right chin for Raiden (as we don't care much for eyes or haircut).

* Now Gerard Butler as Shao Kahn. That won't do, Although he's one of my favorite actors, he's not bulky enough to be Shao Kahn. They need to go search the gyms for a perfect fit. Shao Kahn also needs to keep his mask on (he must be kept mysterious and Dark) so any huge savage bodybuilder will do.

PS: I would like Russel Wong to be included, maybe as Kung Lao. IMO he's one of the best martial artist out there (the dude has a strong Chi).

russellwong0001.jpg

Matt, don't drool.

Last edited:
I know it's a shame but I watched Ninja Assassin on Tuesday for the first time. I think it's a great movie. All the fighting scenes were amazing.
Rain did a great job! In the end there is a fight against his master and I believed to see Liu Kang fighting an enemy. Rain would be a great Liu Kang IMO!

Ninja+Assassin+Rain+in+fire.jpg

Amazing!

Last edited:
I know it's a shame but I watched Ninja Assassin on Tuesday for the first time. I think it's a great movie. All the fighting scenes were amazing.
Rain did a great job! In the end there is a fight against his master and I believed to see Liu Kang fighting an enemy. Rain would be a great Liu Kang IMO!

Ninja+Assassin+Rain+in+fire.jpg

Amazing!

It's an amazing movie :), the scenery of the clan HQ in the mountains reminded me a bit of Tenchu: stealth assassins.