Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

That's insane. They have no reason to show off KP2 yet especially since people are still waiting on two of the most anticipated characters in the first pack. They've said on multiple occasions that they're going to support MK11 for a very long time. Ed Boon spent months teasing KP2 after Tremor was released.

Yes, and MKX was also shown off at E3, whereas for MK11 they delayed the announcement past E3 until the Game Awards and characters for this game have taken longer to make than for MKX.
Also, "longer support" for MK11 is vague.
KP2 dropping about 6 months after Spawn (for example, some time in end of September / October) would also technically be considered "longer" support for the game, given that they are usually done with all DLC for their previous games by March of the following year of the game's release.

Also, again, Boon saw Joker's Fatal Blow already on October 23rd (prior to Sindel's release), and it's been a month and a half since then, so it's pretty safe to assume that they're just about done with Joker and / or working on Spawn by now.
Boon also mentioned that there would be something big for Mortal Kombat in 2020, and the Game Awards are a pretty big stage to announce something new for the game.

I also never said that the WOULD announce somthing at the Game Awards, but rather that I'm not ruling it out either that they COULD announce something at the Game Awards.
It isn't out of the realm of possibility, which is my point.

Commander said:
I'm also not ruling out the possibility of seeing something at the Game Awards for MK11, either.

I think it's very possible for them to start teasing a possible KP2 from before Spawn comes out. IMO, it's seems very likely that they could at least mention something about KP2 or other stuff coming to MK11. I could be wrong on that, but I don't think that they'll wait all the way until E3 to announce KP2.

Last edited:
Spawn is by far the most anticipated guest character in NRS's history. They aren't doing anything to take attention away from him.

If he's NRS's most anticipated character, then with that in mind nothing that they tease or announce would take away from that since he's such a hugely anticipated character, no?
If anything, a teaser of more stuff to come in 2020 could get people even more hyped about MK11 (in general) and would make it more likely for more people to buy Spawn down the road.

If he's NRS's most anticipated character, then with that in mind nothing that they tease or announce would take away from that since he's such a hugely anticipated character, no?
If anything, a teaser of more stuff to come in 2020 could get people even more hyped about MK11 (in general) and would make it more likely for more people to buy Spawn down the road.

They don't need to do that because of Spawn. They have no reason to blow their load early when people are still hyped up for Joker and Spawn. They can save it for when the excitement has died down, and then get everyone excited again. These characters take a long time. Say they announce KP2 tomorrow, they still have to wait for Spawn to release before they can even show gameplay for them. It's a total waste.

They don't need to do that because of Spawn. They have no reason to blow their load early when people are still hyped up for Joker and Spawn. They can save it for when the excitement has died down, and then get everyone excited again. These characters take a long time. Say they announce KP2 tomorrow, they still have to wait for Spawn to release before they can even show gameplay for them. It's a total waste.

So then, by that logic, Boon announcing that there was more big news for Mortal Kombat in 2020 at the Brazil Game Show somehow took away some of the hype that people have for Spawn?
I don't see how that's the case, nor how there would be any issue with teasing stuff like that.
Seems that teasing stuff like that would get more people talking about what else it could be and speculating, like were doing right now.

I don't like that we are getting another reboot after MK11 because I feel like there is a lot of room for more stories. For example, I believe Quan Chi is not dead and that Scorpion killed a clone.

Here's another Kombat Pack 2 prediction I have...

Fujin

Sheeva

Sareena, Li Mei, Khameleon, OR any other female character.

Guest.

I don't like that we are getting another reboot after MK11 because I feel like there is a lot of room for more stories. For example, I believe Quan Chi is not dead and that Scorpion killed a clone.

Agreed.
I really did like some things in this new timeline like Johnny Cage being a descendant of an ancient Mediterranean cult who bred warriors for the gods (it actually explains where his green powers come from), Sheeva becoming Queen of the Shokan, as well as Hanzo and Kuai-Liang burying the hatchet.
I feel like some of that stuff will be gone if we get a reboot, which is a shame, because some of those characters actually got some more interesting story arcs from MK9 thru MK11 (imo).

As for KP2 possibilities, I'm just happy that my homie Fujin will finally be getting in, even if it is just as DLC.
Better than nothing, imo.
Aside from Fujin, I really don't care who makes it in.
Not gonna lie, I'm somewhat interested to see what they do with Sheeva, as well, given the great job that they've done with the other MK11 DLC characters.

Every ending of MK11 ends with the timeline being reset tho

Looks like the version 1.13 update will be adding Crossplay for MK11.
Holy shit that's some big news!
https://twitter.com/Rooflemonger/status/1205192219902324736?s=19

Yeah, I could easily seen Boon stepping on the stage and announcing it publicly tonight at the Game Awards, though, for those that don't have the game yet.

EDIT:

Also, as per previous data mining, you can now get the
Spoiler:
Raiden announcer voice
via the new update.

Last edited:
From the FAQ....
"No, the Krossplay feature in Mortal Kombat 11 will not support PC, Nintendo Switch or Stadia at this time."

Meaning that they're Beta testing first on the 2 consoles that have the most players on them, then rolling it out to the other systems.

It just made sense to me that since Boon had seen Joker’s Fatal Blow over a month and a half ago, that that build of the character was probably at least 2 weeks old (or more), so it made sense for them to be done with him by now.
They’ll probably go on Christmas break soon, then Rigo will probably work on his trailer in the beginning of January, while other parts of the team begin work on Spawn, to have Spawn done by end of February / first week of March.
The schedule and timing just made sense, imo.

and a Kronika assistance konsumable!!!

You know, now that you mention it, I just want a konsumable that makes the T-Rex come and attack your opponent.
If I'm being real with myself, though, I just want a patched in Brutality / stage Fatality for the T-Rex in the prehistoric stage.
For as much as I wish the story for MK11 was better, the Prehistoric Stage is probably my favorite game in the whole game.

From the FAQ....

Meaning that they're Beta testing first on the 2 consoles that have the most players on them, then rolling it out to the other systems.

I will believe it, once I will see it. Not to mention. Crossplay with PC? Really? They don't even take care of cheaters on PC. There are few notorious cheaters that have taken top spots in leaderboards and are still active. No punishment for them.

So imagine if they got access to console players? So either NRS is ignorant and is just using desperate measures now, or they will increase the security (which everyone who has common sense and good memory, knows won't happen). So yeah. I really doubt they will do anything.

They could have easily added the "at this time" just to avoid pissing people off. Not a first time, company says something and does complete 180...

Also speaking about 180...

uflzkx7g9w341.jpg

Couldn't even wait a full year before abandoning their "mature and respectful". Not to mention, this is for MK Mobile only.
NRS just gets scummier with every single month.

It's more revealing, yes, but it still seems a bit more conservative (imo) than the MK9 standard of clothing that people always whine about.
Even MK11 Sindel's klassic is showing some inner thigh and cleavage.