Anybody else digging Smoke?

GOLD3NxEYE

I've been going through just about every character in this game trying to find who best suits me. I've used Scorpion, Kabal, CSZ, Reptile, Ermac all quite a bit.

Today I decided to take Smoke into practice mode and WOW! I spent about 10 mins toying around and already found a 30%+ 7-11 hit combo(without X-ray or teleport), I know most people spam the teleport with him but he is actually great for pulling off some really nasty combos.

His primary costume is awful though, so I got his Alt. which looks pretty bada**, wish he had a klassic costume!

So anybody else digging this guy?

I've been going through just about every character in this game trying to find who best suits me. I've used Scorpion, Kabal, CSZ, Reptile, Ermac all quite a bit.

Today I decided to take Smoke into practice mode and WOW! I spent about 10 mins toying around and already found a 30%+ 7-11 hit combo(without X-ray or teleport), I know most people spam the teleport with him but he is actually great for pulling off some really nasty combos.

His primary costume is awful though, so I got his Alt. which looks pretty bada**, wish he had a klassic costume!

So anybody else digging this guy?

U sir are correct! I just tried him in story mode and thought the exact samething! +1 rep from me!

U sir are correct! I just tried him in story mode and thought the exact samething! +1 rep from me!

I didn't like him in the story mode chapter, didn't take the time to learn him until today. Now he jumped up there with Scorpion and Ermac on my favortie fighters list!

I was never a big fan of him in UMK3 so he really wasn't high on my list of characters I wanted to play as but he's one of the coolest in this game by far. Sadly you are right about the spammers that don't take the time to actually play him because he's a blast.

I was never a big fan of him in UMK3 so he really wasn't high on my list of characters I wanted to play as but he's one of the coolest in this game by far. Sadly you are right about the spammers that don't take the time to actually play him because he's a blast.

I always hate seeing someone pick him online, because I instantly think,"Oh great another spammer". Seems like people love to spam the most with Smoke, Noob, Cyrax and Scorpion.

He's one of the defacto entry level high tier characters that are in every fighter. I first used him in story mode, when I saw that teleport I though yep my left index finger is going to get sore from playing online against this guy. I love his default costume, its great. I'm enjoying the game in general, it has exceeded my expectations despite some flaws. MK9=WIN!

I still didn't play the game and I can't wait to try out Smoke. I saw someone using him, his X-Ray and specials are freaking awesome, still didn't see his fatalities which I'm sure are awesome but ... his intro is by far the worst I've seen from the characters (granted, I haven't seen them all yet)..

I mean, "Where there is smoke, there is fire!" ... seriously? Terribly cheesy line for a very cool character. Also, it looks like I'll be using his alt. costume way more than his David Bowie look.

Still can't wait to master him though :)

I really like him a lot too. I think his first fatality is a little boring though. Its a nice idea, but it doesnt have a WOW factor to it.

He's one of the defacto entry level high tier characters that are in every fighter. I first used him in story mode, when I saw that teleport I though yep my left index finger is going to get sore from playing online against this guy. I love his default costume, its great. I'm enjoying the game in general, it has exceeded my expectations despite some flaws. MK9=WIN!

Wad up fellow shangtsung playa! you know prima guide rated shang as the best char in MK9 in terms of tier. :) Shang is also rated as top tier in hadoken.net.

I think these tier lists are a joke, you cannot go by the AI, becuase people don't play like robots. People think differently than each other. AI is code, nothing more. Because most people would agree Scorpion is one of the best characters in the game, yet in the tier list he is only mid-tier. CSZ is in the shit tier? I do great with him . If I'm watching CPU vs CPU fighters then the tier lists will come in handy, otherwise it doesn't help anything.

Quick. Guess who's about to get the Mastery for him ;D
<---- This Guy!!!
Smoke is by far my favorite Character in the game. Just did a Tag Team Ladder run with him and Kung Lao. Its sad. They didn't even stand a chance.
I'm always using him online (no -> Minimum lag here :D) and I'm doing great. I've already learned alot of his combos, even though they're hard to do online, I'm getting used to it.
Downside: Other players using him online. Everytime someone else is using him online they spam his smoke bomb and teleport. I usually only use it to set up a combo. Smoke bomb, 3, down+1, 2, 3, 2, jump ex-Tele. FTW! :D