Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

If we're gonna throw theories, I'll stick with mine:

Kronika is the mother of all Elder Gods with the One Being, they riot against their own father like the gods against the titans and then assumed the position of rulers of the universe. As the One Being is the realms, Kronika took the mantle of writing the fate of his mind's dreams.

When April 23 comes, you can come here and call me a dreamer or remind me to tweet Vogel again lol

I really don't see why AI Battle had to be obscured with ??? in the reveal build. Not exactly worthy of secrecy. I was the least played mode in Injustice 2

So the two ??? were the Krypt and an AI battle mode, now the questions I guess we still have in terms of modes is What the Kollection is and how the Krypt will play. Also curious what Tournament mode is, especially since it's not inside of Online, possibly a customizable bracket system similar to Smash?

It would be cool if we could kustomize a tower so we could play. I love to play MKX single fight, but I would be happier if I could make a sequence of towers of my own.

I'm disappointed that even in MKX, they brought back towers, but didn't include the line "Choose your Destiny"

So no Reptile as it seems... I know he was s*** on a lot... Design and storywise and people nowadays do not care about him.

But for me.he always will be the badass green ninja and first secret character ever and I find it sad that he won't be in according to the leaks

Alone for his role in the first MK movie he will be always be my number one.

Still think it was a mistake trying to make him full reptile somehow because it hurt him a lot

Last edited:
So no Reptile as it seems... I know he was s*** on a lot... Design and storywise and people nowadays do not care about him.

But for me.he always will be the badass green ninja and first secret character ever and I find it sad that he won't be in according to the leaks

Alone for his role in the first MK movie he will be always be my number one.

Still think it was a mistake trying to make him full reptile somehow because it hurt him a lot

Honestly, as I'm fine without out him for now for a few reasons. First of all, Kollector seem like he might fill the same niche of reptilian beast man judging by some of his features. That might sound redundant, but we currently have no idea what his moveset will be like.

So in my mind, because there's already so many brutish beast characters to stand out in the roster, what Reptile needs to stand out more so is to return to his Ninja roots. The way they emphasized Baraka in this game is really great, not only is him being a brute really clear, but also the warlord/general aspect of him. Same should go with Reptile, less emphasis on him being a beast man and more emphasis on him being a ninja/spy. Pretty much like in the classic games, he's pretty much an outworld twist on what a ninja is. Which makes him stand out both from the beast characters and the ninja characters. I think that's also why some people Chameleon instead, as Chameleon is pretty similar to classic Reptile. L

They don't even have to make Reptile human, they can still give him green scaly skin. It's more so about less emphasis on being a beast man and more on being a sleek ninja. Kind of like Scorpion, his characteristics are split between being a hellfire revenant, A japanese ninja, and his classic look.. With Reptile the main imbalance in Reptile's design is the shift away from that classic ninja look. Which unlike with Ermac in MKX and Reptile in general, in modern games its conveyed really well in the other ninjas. Even Tremor who's a ripped rock man.

Secondly, assuming Shang Tsung and Mileena are in and he's not(Most likely, but in my book it's not definitive until it's seen), he's the only one out of the playable MK2 cast to not be playable. It makes him seem pretty suspectable to being DLC.

Either way, I think it's more important that characters like Baraka, Noob, Kabal, and Jade get their chance to shine over characters like Ermac and Reptile since they missed out on the last game and fans really want them. Roster seems pretty solid to me regarding classic and new characters. Only thing it's lacking is 3D era characters, but to be honest, that probably has to do with backlash that goes far back. 3D era characters have a really bad rep. But I think we'll get at least one as DLC if the last two games are to go by.

I'm disappointed that even in MKX, they brought back towers, but didn't include the line "Choose your Destiny"

And despite the quantity of towers, there's only one traditional. Wish we could build, or at the least alternate like MK4. I prefer single fights over the tower. I only play tradition when it comes to face boss fight, but that's it. Survivor is better too.

After playing with Scorpion for sometime now. He got to strings that are not cancelable now and nothing he does is safe

Gotta love the scorpion downplayers. Scorpion is easily the best character of the 3 in the beta. The game’s not even out yet and people want buffs lol

So there is an offline tower in the beta that I just found. It feels great to actually read the move list and test things out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Gotta love the scorpion downplayers. Scorpion is easily the best character of the 3 in the beta. The game’s not even out yet and people want buffs lol

I hope instead of nerfing Scorpion they should start presenting more menacing characters or buffs, because holy crap, he is absolutely hellish (literally).

They did an amazing job with him, I hope they don't nerf him, but I do hope other characters we know or other to come happen to be as strong as him, otherwise battles will only have Scorpion.