Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Considering it got some of you so buttblasted I'd say it's pretty controversial. Game is going to sell a ton, people will love it, EVO is going to be a major sucess, Ed Boon will laugh all the way to the bank. And JC will be still one of the best MK characters with the best story arc.

Johnny looks better from the few screens we've seen of him. His glasses being tied to a single variation in MKX was so stupid.

1itfUys.gif

I've always liked Johnny and I can see why they'd bring him back. It's Sonya that I've always felt was a weak, one-note character, and the way she was portrayed in MKX just made me wonder why Johnny hadn't divorced her years ago.

Of the kombat kids, Cassie was by far the best and given the most personality (not surprising as she was basically the lead) - in only one game she demonstrated why she may as well just permanently replace her mother on MK rosters. She's a more interesting personality, much more likeable, and doesn't have to rely on shitty gadgets and drones.

Sonya looks a lot more interesting in this game than she ever has imo. They brought back her gym clothes finally, and her Kiss of Death, at least as a win pose. That drone looks sick too.

I've always liked Johnny and I can see why they'd bring him back. It's Sonya that I've always felt was a weak, one-note character, and the way she was portrayed in MKX just made me wonder why Johnny hadn't divorced her years ago.

Of the kombat kids, Cassie was by far the best and given the most personality (not surprising as she was basically the lead) - in only one game she demonstrated why she may as well just permanently replace her mother on MK rosters. She's a more interesting personality, much more likeable, and doesn't have to rely on shitty gadgets and drones.

Most of the MK characters are "one-note". Liu Kang is a guy who beats up all Outworlders, and the only "development" he's got as of late is that he was turned into an evil zombie. Such a deep character.

As for divorce JC probably knows how the game is rigged against his favor. :lol:

Most of the MK characters are "one-note". Liu Kang is a guy who beats up all Outworlders, and the only "development" he's got as of late is that he was turned into an evil zombie. Such a deep character.

As for divorce JC probably knows how the game is rigged against his favor. :lol:

Hah. Good one.

But yeah. In this case, I just accept that guest chars will be part of MK from now on. I don't like them, but as long as they make base game good, I will be too busy playing to complain.

That is, if game will be good to begin with.

Really don't care if guests make the game sell more, that's an argument that doesn't interest any fan, just WB, cause it regards their sales and we all know WB is not the best buddy out there.

There's always MUGEN too for such progressive players if we should play older games if non satisfied :creep:

MK:A had the solution: kreate a fighter. Put some horror masks and a few moves, there, guest characters.

BBBLP's argument of icons being chose, however, is something we are lucky to have. If NRS would surf into the bandwagon of casual players, MK would become a mess, because these players don't care for MK, they think this is a franchise where you can throw anything. These people really want Shaggy, and they would be ok with that, it's because NRS have limits and horror characters are related into killing, much like Hellboy could be a fitting guest for I2.

As I mentioned once, it's not only casuals that like guests, the only problem is that casuals turn this into a disease. Freddy Krueger was just a bonus, I think things went apeshit with MKX adding Jason, Alien, Predator, and the worst of them, Leatherface to the roster in a game where Fujin didn't even get a seat.

What is this? Terrordrome?

Fortunately it's optional. Only bought Freddy cause it was in the promo pack years after the release. An being optional, I wouldn't really give a shit about guests, problem is that they add z number of DLC and HALF are guests. So no matter who they are how famous they are, that potentially makes the game more and more of a mess. Instead of exploiting the core of the game, they spend the memory, technology, money, time, into Leatherface.

As said before, the more guests we have over MK characters more it seems the core of the game fails (even if it doesn't).

NRS doesn't use trendy characters though. They use icons. If they wanted to follow trends, Shaggy would be in MK11. But the characters they chose are timeless classics. Predator's best movie came out thirty years ago, but he's still a science fiction/ action icon.

Oh, come on.
You very well know that the reason they don’t have Shaggy in there is because they’re not going to let a beloved children’s cartoon character get disfigured and murdered.
It’s the same reason why DC superheroes won’t ever be in an MK game either, because DC isn’t ok with MK characters killing their heroes.
Hence, the watered down MKvsDC finishers.
As for trendy, wasn’t there a Leatherface movie that was released / releasing around the time he came out?
Same for Freddy. Could have sworn that there was either a new movie that had just come out or was coming out for him near the time of his release.

Oh, come on.
You very well know that the reason they don’t have Shaggy in there is because they’re not going to let a beloved children’s cartoon character get disfigured and murdered.
It’s the same reason why DC superheroes won’t ever be in an MK game either, because DC isn’t ok with MK characters killing their heroes.
Hence, the watered down MKvsDC finishers.
As for trendy, wasn’t there a Leatherface movie that was released / releasing around the time he came out?
Same for Freddy. Could have sworn that there was either a new movie that had just come out or was coming out for him near the time of his release.

Also, they added Jason in an universe of Freddie, and added Alien to make a match with Predator.

They added Leatherface because what's a little fart when you're full of shit right.

Really don't care if guests make the game sell more, that's an argument that doesn't interest any fan, just WB, cause it regards their sales and we all know WB is not the best buddy out there.

There's always MUGEN too for such progressive players if we should play older games if non satisfied :creep:

WB's opinion >>>>>> Everyone's opinion. And once again, you're a minority since people keep buying guest characters by a metric ton. Guest characters are going to be in every game and that's that. Pointless argument.

Bruh, that's what I'm saying. You'd think people would get that stick out of their ass already regarding guest characters. Every game they appeared in, it was a massive commercial success. I couldn't stand the idea of having Alien in a Mortal Kombat game first, but then it just grew on me. Especially after watching this EVO game where our Lord and Savior Kotal Badass was stopped only due to the broken Alien. :lol:

This fight... Cheezus. I don't like calling anyone cheap, as I believe in fights, where everything is allowed, but that use of Alien really put me off. You could easily see just how much advantage it gave to Sonic. It was like lowering the difficulty from hard to easy, because he felt the danger. Before that it was definitely a match of two highly skilled fighters, giving their best and pushing their characters to their limits..

I think every MK game needs to have the Klassic characters, nobody complains about other fighting games having a core group that make it in every game. Liu, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Johnny, Sonya, Kano and I'd also add Kung Lao, Reptile, Kitana, Mileena and Shang Tsung should be in every MK game. That still leaves a lot of room for characters like Rain, Baraka, Noob, Nightwolf and more along with a couple of new characters each game.

Sonya looks a lot more interesting in this game than she ever has imo. They brought back her gym clothes finally, and her Kiss of Death, at least as a win pose. That drone looks sick too.

All of these things were in MKX, though.
What do you mean that they “brought back her gym clothes finally?”
It was part of the klassic skin pack in MKX, and her Kiss of Death was also in via a klassic pack.

I think every MK game needs to have the Klassic characters, nobody complains about other fighting games having a core group that make it in every game. Liu, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Johnny, Sonya, Kano and I'd also add Kung Lao, Reptile, Kitana, Mileena and Shang Tsung should be in every MK game. That still leaves a lot of room for characters like Rain, Baraka, Noob, Nightwolf and more along with a couple of new characters each game.

Then you haven’t been paying attention to the replies in the threads, as I’ve spoken plenty of times on how I would like for Cassie and Jacqui to take Sonya, Johnny and Jax’s place in the MK games for a bit, and I’ve called Kano by what he is (a useless henchman) and I’ve also said that Mileena staying dead I would be fine with for MK11.
I also took issue with Kung Lao having barely any story relevance in MKX, yet he wasted a roster spot (imo) just because the vocal minority whines about him being dead.

Last edited:
WB's opinion >>>>>> Everyone's opinion. And once again, you're a minority since people keep buying guest characters by a metric ton. Guest characters are going to be in every game and that's that. Pointless argument.

What I'm saying is that it's not because it sells more that makes our argument less legit. By saying "sell more and it will be in every game" doesn't make the discussion less valid because the point is not selling or even trying to make WB "change their mind" it's just because it's BS. There's not pointless argument on that, because if we take that as a constant reason to have no argument, we basically wouldn't have any argument.

Yeah, it does. Just like any other change made to this game.

Remember me that when you complain about female outfits then, because it's selling better than ever and I'm sure complaining about this - even the hoodies you call burka treatment - won't change a thing.

We might wanna close TRMK even! Why have a discussion Forum, right :wall: