Possible Explanation to the "Spoiler" (Some Spoiler info, nothing detailed tho)

Possible Explanation to the "Spoiler" (Some Spoiler info, nothing detailed tho)

After considering some things... I think I may have come up with the logical answer to why this information was on the demo. (the "Spoiler" information)

NRS could have been planning on releasing a demo for a long time now.

When creating the game, NRS could have chosen a point to stop creation (not literally) and set a side a the completed portion of the game which became our demo. Then, they continued working out the kinks and adding all the special features, modes, and what not.

Therefore, the information we got with the demo could be as old as when they set this part aside from the main development, and was left in because a lot of it would change.

This could explain why:

Only the chapter titles for the story are listed.

Why krypts XXX - 500 are "blank"

While some things such as:

Bios/Endings could be the final, real thing, or 95% therein.

I would almost bet that this information is "old" relatively speaking.

Re: Possible Explanation to the "Spoiler" (Some Spoiler info, nothing detailed tho)

Another instance:

GORO_MSG=Placeholder text, BUG ME

I think this is likely and a lot of stuff might have changed by final release.

Re: Possible Explanation to the "Spoiler" (Some Spoiler info, nothing detailed tho)

Not to mention, the after demo trailer shows nothing of the challenge tower... I know that is stretching it for "confirmation" that this is old... but its still one of those things you would have to consider.

Another possible reason from a user on MKO:

For what my opinion is worth, the demo build seems pretty incomplete. It's missing trophies/achievements entirely. Perhaps the PS3 demo build is labeled differently, but none of the names are anywhere in the data.

TrophyUnlock_f=%s just earned %s in Mortal Kombat.

ACHIEVEMENTS_PS3=TROPHIES
ACHIEVEMENTS=ACHIEVEMENTS

SMCategory_Achievements=Achievements
SMCategory_Trophies=Trophies

BindingError="%s was created by another user. Saving of progress and unlocking trophies will be disabled while using this data."

That's everything related to them.

The fact is:
those are just lame excuses, because that huge amount of infos shouldn't have been in the demo, expecially for a game which has the story and the characters' background as selling points. They should have known that people will have hacked it in a matter of hours, so the arcade endings are there, the story mode has unfolded and won't be changed, that's it.
Ok, the demo is definitely old and most likely some little things here and there will be changed in the final version, but basically everything has been revealed, most probably due to NRS failure... :(

The demo is made up of 2 month old gameplay according to Ed. Some of these things are subject to change.

Well there we go. A lot can happen in two months.

A lot can happen in terms of gameplay, but the story is pretty much written and already set in stone.

awesome99 Not-Shaun H
protip. anything that can go wrong at the last second, will go wrong. Seriously. Don't put your life in the balance with FTP systems

awesome99 Not-Shaun H
That everything you hold dear that our IT department is awesome. FTP problems solved (at 1 AM). Ryan Rocks.

These tweets lead me to believe that this maybe before the massive hack, and their concern of it getting out.

A lot can happen in terms of gameplay, but the story is pretty much written and already set in stone.

Right.. but there wasn't any information about the story... unless there was... I couldn't find it... if there was can you send me the file that has story info?

Revealing the story mode/endings is hardly going to ruin the game anyway. I've resisted reading them and I'm sure a lot of other fans have (not to mention those who don't even go to MK forums will have no clue) so really it's a not a huge deal. We've only seen the text version and not the actual things in motion anyway! Let's face it, the gameplay is still key to the game's success because whilst the story/arcade modes are great - it's the versus and online modes that will keep people playing for months/years to come :)

Right.. but there wasn't any information about the story... unless there was... I couldn't find it... if there was can you send me the file that has story info?

I know the story mode has been spoiled but I didn't read anything because I don't want, I've just read the bios and that's all.

The fact is:
those are just lame excuses, because that huge amount of infos shouldn't have been in the demo, expecially for a game which has the story and the characters' background as selling points. They should have known that people will have hacked it in a matter of hours, so the arcade endings are there, the story mode has unfolded and won't be changed, that's it.
Ok, the demo is definitely old and most likely some little things here and there will be changed in the final version, but basically everything has been revealed, most probably due to NRS failure... :(

This is why I wont be coming to these boards anymore cuz I dont want to spoil anything. I didnt read any of those spoilers but I have a feeling while I'm on here ppl will let things slip and i dont want to ruin my experience with this game. I will come back after the game launches to see how everyone is doing with the game. C ya around guys

I just have to say, I've been reading through the text file and if anything this actually has me MORE excited for the game. I've never been too big on the stories(though admittedly I have a fairly strong knowledge of the MK storyline) concerning the characters since in my personal opinion, they haven't been all that relevant to the games overall except to provide a general backstory.

Perhaps MK9 will change that but it's not going to ruin the overall experience, at least not for me. I think we should just concentrate on the fighting, though I understand the outcry as if true or even outdated, this is a HUGE oversight on the part of NRS. Normally, by the time a fighting game is released, fans end up knowing a great deal due to leaks anyway. So, this doesn't feel all that different. It's just A LOT all at once. I'm not ready to pan it yet even if

Spoiler:
Cyber Sub-Zero and Babalities

are true. If you wanna keep your nose clean, just steer clear of the spoiler section, especially the ones with story mode reveals. Other than that, it may be impossible now to completely avoid mentionings of secrets characters on any board.

Last edited:

I feel I had to bring this up for the spoilers possibly not being 100% correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z15M1I3q0OI&feature=related

Listen to 0:40 onwards. Once a troll, always a troll.

Good point. The idea that they would be inept enough as to actually let this fall into our laps so easily has always felt a bit far-fetched to me. Boon's been there before countless times, and he knows people are going to dissect any files they get ahold of looking for new information.

That's not to say that is all wasn't just a big **** up by NRS, but I won't decry the possibility that we're been purposely mislead with certain tidbits and revelations.