Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

no what i'm done with this conversation i do understand u were saying he had him were he wanted him and the clones were used both to gain meter and control the kang play because kang has better close combat because if kang was to get in close it would be game over for rip.

smart yes fun no.

is that what ur saying.
That's exactly what I am saying :)

Once again I apologise if I came across as disrespectful.

Last edited:
Dude boX and Pakman, forget it. None of them seem to understand simple logic and reasoning. What needs to be said has been done so repeatedly. Why would a Noob player do something differently to risk him losing when something he already has done has been proven to work? Why try to fix something that isn't broken? Stop with this redundant bull crap.

Because it's not fun, but more importantly, it DOESN'T work against people that know what they're doing.

*As for the Kung Lao comment: People can ***** and moan about Kung Lao being cheap because he constantly does his spin, but guess what, it will keep being used if it is in the game and it works. Nothing you say or believe can change that fact. IF IT WORKS, PEOPLE WILL USE IT. Common sense...

Lao's Spin doesn't have a huge hitbox that goes across the entire screen, it doesn't get launched multiple times in a row without getting punished (since you have to be up close for it to connect) and it opens your opponent up for a combo (unlike the Clone moves). It's hardly comparable. :rolleyes:

And again, it usually DOESN'T work. That's why RIP got canned in the second match. It's a move that scrubby players use because they're lazy and don't want to learn the finer point of this game.

Because it's not fun, but more importantly, it DOESN'T work against people that know what they're doing.
Lol it does work. RIP vs Hugo match + commentary showed you that!

And again, it usually DOESN'T work. That's why RIP got canned in the second match. It's a move that scrubby players use because they're lazy and don't want to learn the finer point of this game.
No, rip got "canned" in the jade match because krazybone outplayed him. Watch the match again, as soon as Jade puts invul on, the clones stop and RIP's Noob is forced to go close for damage.

Lol it does work. RIP vs Hugo match + commentary showed you that!

No, rip got "canned" in the jade match because krazybone outplayed him. Watch the match again, as soon as Jade puts invul on, the clones stop and RIP's Noob is forced to go close for damage.

As soon as RIP couldn't spam his Clones for easy chip damage, he lost, and that's what I meant.

I also like how you're acting like you're respectful in one post and then a complete troll in the next. :rolleyes:

Exactly. Hugo obviously didnt know what he was doing, so why not just do something to shut him down completely and effectively? RIP vs Krazy, Krazy seriously outplayed him, so therefore, RIP lost. He couldnt adapt, and thats entirely his fault, no one elses. Hugo didnt know what he was doing. Krazy did. Thats the difference.

Lao's Spin doesn't have a huge hitbox that goes across the entire screen, it doesn't get launched multiple times in a row without getting punished (since you have to be up close for it to connect) and it opens your opponent up for a combo (unlike the Clone moves). It's hardly comparable. :rolleyes:

I used that as an example as logic, since he brought it up. The logic still applies. If it works, people will use it. Just like the Clone projectile, if it works, youd better be prepared to see a shit ton being sent to you. Why the hell would RIP change his tactic if hes winning? Hes playing for money, so who the hell cares if its boring? As long as he wins, its perfectly acceptable, nothing you say can change that. If its in the game, its viable.

It worked against Hugo during that match, and that is enough for him. Watch the match against krazy, after he started doing the invulnerability move, he stopped using clones almost altogether. You need to learn to adapt to play a fighting game this diverse. Comboing and being aggressive in EVERY match makes you a dumb player. You need to learn to adapt according to how your opponent play style is.

As soon as RIP couldn't spam his Clones for easy chip damage, he lost, and that's what I meant.

No, the second game against krazy is RIP's fault. He couldn't adapt to this new tactic used by krazy and thus he lost. Same deal goes with Hugo's Liu Kang vs RIP's Noobie. Hugo couldn't adapt, so he lost.

I also like how you're acting like you're respectful in one post and then a complete troll in the next. :rolleyes:

What the hell are you talking about? Pakman has been respectful and calm this whole time... Seriously?

Exactly. Hugo obviously didnt know what he was doing, so why not just do something to shut him down completely and effectively? RIP vs Krazy, Krazy seriously outplayed him, so therefore, RIP lost. He couldnt adapt, and thats entirely his fault, no one elses. Hugo didnt know what he was doing. Krazy did. Thats the difference.

It really didn't look like Kayzie knew how to play with Jade very well. He was dropping combos the whole match and was obviously just trying to out-spam RIP by combining the Boomerang and Invincibility moves to hit him while avoiding the Clones. Yeah, Hugo didn't know how to handle the Clones with Liu, but Krayzie beating RIP makes it pretty obvious that RIP's a scrub.

I used that as an example as logic, since he brought it up. The logic still applies. If it works, people will use it. Just like the Clone projectile, if it works, youd better be prepared to see a shit ton being sent to you. Why the hell would RIP change his tactic if hes winning? Hes playing for money, so who the hell cares if its boring? As long as he wins, its perfectly acceptable, nothing you say can change that. If its in the game, its viable.

It worked against Hugo during that match, and that is enough for him. Watch the match against krazy, after he started doing the invulnerability move, he stopped using clones almost altogether. You need to learn to adapt to play a fighting game this diverse. Comboing and being aggressive in EVERY match makes you a dumb player. You need to learn to adapt according to how your opponent play style is.

One moment you're saying he was playing for money and the next you say one win was enough for him. Something doesn't smell right here...

What the hell are you talking about? Pakman has been respectful and calm this whole time... Seriously?

Calm? Sure. But posting obviously flawed arguments is trolling.

It really didn't look like Kayzie knew how to play with Jade very well. He was dropping combos the whole match and was obviously just trying to out-spam RIP by combining the Boomerang and Invincibility moves to hit him while avoiding the Clones. Yeah, Hugo didn't know how to handle the Clones with Liu, but Krayzie beating RIP makes it pretty obvious that RIP's a scrub.

I never said that RIP was good. I said he was doing what he had to do to win that match, and that being spamming the cloning move. That enabled him to win, therefore, theres no reason why he shouldnt do it. Your logic is he shouldn't do it because 'its boring'? Who cares?

One moment you're saying he was playing for money and the next you say one win was enough for him. Something doesn't smell right here...

Obviously, there are more important things on the line, therefore he should do whatever it takes to win. Hes in a tournament after all, and winning should be a given objective. I also never said 'one win was enough for him'. I said that enabled him to win that match, so thats perfectly acceptable. He couldn't adapt, thats his downfall, but he still took a win with his own strategy.

Calm? Sure. But posting obviously flawed arguments is trolling.

Flawed arguments? You dont make any sense. We're discussing how its logical and reasoning behind his matches and how he reacted and why. How is that a flawed argument, when the best you can come up with is "Because its cheap / Because its not fun"? Now -your- the one trolling.

You guys claiming that your noob saibot is better... Please go to a tournament... PLEASE. If it's your first tournament I promise you are going to lose to these guys in bracket HARD. There is so much in a video of watching two players fight you don't see. So much going through their minds you don't know. Again I've played for StarCraft and SSBM. My first tournament for both games I got handled. And I watched pro games before hand thinking I could take them. Learned first hand I wasn't even close. Unless you're placing high in major tournaments yourself, The players you watch as a spectator will look less skilled than they really are.

For example, this is a super crap example but it's the one I remember most from memory.

You saw kitana whiff like 7 nuetral jump punches and it looked almost random. It wasn't random. That kitana player was thinking a couple steps ahead. She expected the opponent to do a cross over jump after those strings and nuetral jump punch RAPES that hard. And it wasn't a horrible idea to go for that. Because, cross over jumps are common when applying pressure. But to a person who doesn't know the reasoning behind using that move might be like "lol this kitana sucks he throws out random nuetral jump punches"

Please I invite you to go to these offline tournaments. Show me your rush down noob saibot that doesn't use many clones at all can get you far into bracket.

For the record My first starcraft tournament was in Korea(I happened to be korean so don't think I flew there just for SC lol). And I lost to a 13 year old girl >.>.

EDIT: btw I mean a major tournament...
not your local tournament lol.

Last edited:
Exactly what Critical Limit said. I've watched so many games with pros for Starcraft, thinking I can take them. I wasn't in a tournament or anything, just watching my friends play. I get my ass handed to me 2-14 games. Theres always a reason for anything that people do. Dont just assume they are a jackass or a noob.

For the record My first starcraft tournament was in Korea(I happened to be korean so don't think I flew there just for SC lol). And I lost to a 13 year old girl >.>.

EDIT: btw I mean a major tournament...
not your local tournament lol.

SC2? Or BroodWar? I played both, but now Im hardly into SC2 anymore. I mainly play USM's like Battlecraft now lol. I hAvent touched melee in months since the first few patches. I was 40ish diamond before I stopped, that was before the introduction of Master/Grandmaster leagues.

Whats your Character name and Character number?

Mines
Chris. (I forgot about my number, ill check it out soon.) Btw I can attest. Korean SC players learn SC hotkeys before they learn to walk lmfao.

limit has a point knowing what the person is thinking is impossible to know just by watching a video on youtube.

i my self have been to local small tournaments nothing with thousands of dollars up for grabs but i have won a wii next year i will try to go to evo so we'll see how well i do then.

but i understand what ur saying limit i cant perform well when i'm put on the spot so i tend to play differentially then i would normally.

i'm starting to see were i misunderstood pakman.

that aside i would listen to limit if no one else Eks.

Last edited:
Exactly what Critical Limit said. I've watched so many games with pros for Starcraft, thinking I can take them. I wasn't in a tournament or anything, just watching my friends play. I get my ass handed to me 2-14 games. Theres always a reason for anything that people do. Dont just assume they are a jackass or a noob.

SC2? Or BroodWar? I played both, but now Im hardly into SC2 anymore. I mainly play USM's like Battlecraft now lol. I hAvent touched melee in months since the first few patches. I was 40ish diamond before I stopped, that was before the introduction of Master/Grandmaster leagues.

Whats your Character name and Character number?

Mines
Chris. (I forgot about my number, ill check it out soon.) Btw I can attest. Korean SC players learn SC hotkeys before they learn to walk lmfao.

It was brood war. I told the girl Good job, I didn't get rolled by her, but the fact I lost to someone 3 years younger than me at the time (I was 16 when this happened.) and the fact she was a girl told me "yo man you aint that good yet lol"

My name is Snafu.141 (might be 414) I hardly play ranked matches I usually play with my group of friends in 1v1. So my league is VERY decieving. I'm in platinum because i hadn't played a game in like months. So I was stagnat. I played like 17 matches recently and only loss 4. And the system is designed to keep you 1-1. So it obviously means i'm higher than platinum. lol.

Please I invite you to go to these offline tournaments. Show me your rush down noob saibot that doesn't use many clones at all can get you far into bracket.
I said my rushdown Noob is good, not perfected. I will probably get owned in major tournaments, as I never joined one. If you can get me a ticket to one, I'll go and try him. :)
If not, whenever I get enough money, I'll use of my mains (CSZ, Sonya, Reptile).

I said my rushdown Noob is good, not perfected. I will probably get owned in major tournaments, as I never joined one. If you can get me a ticket to one, I'll go and try him. :)
If not, whenever I get enough money, I'll use of my mains (CSZ, Sonya, Reptile).

ahaha, no hard feelings it wasn't DIRECTLY at you. I was just making a point that saying that playing a rush down noob in major tournament is impractical. I'm not saying someone might figure out some frame traps and good games up close could change his meta-game. but with the knowledge we have now. of Noob's weaknesses and strengths. It's best to play him this way.

best way to save for a tournament is just to throw 5 bucks of your week's pay into a box. 20 bucks a month. after a year or a little more. you should have enough for a plane ticket.

Yo dude you live in boston MA? you're pretty close to tristate. Big tournaments could happen within a reasonable 1 tank of gas round trip from you.

i watched it. i couldnt keep from laughing but i guess he was doing what he had to do to win, thats the object of the game right?