Best of each Demo Character (plus a few random questions)

Lux the Elder God

Hello all,

So I was thinking about what to do to pass the time. Hopefully this wasn't done before this way, so here goes:

I was think of making a list of each Demo characters' BEST OF... and see what you guys come up with. When I say best of it translates to coolest, most imaginative and the most original. At the end we could have an outstanding winner as the BEST character from the demo:

Best Intro Pose: Johnny Cage's "I make this look easy"

Best Finishing Pose: Scorpion's drop to the underworld.

Best Fatality: Mileena's flirtatious head-rip

Best Basic Combo: Johnny Cage's Kick Slaps (<-X, X, X->)

Coolest Special Move: Sub-Zero's ground-freeze which makes you immobile.

Best X-RAY Punch: Sub Zero's kidney freeze + head-butt.

Coolest Throw: Scorpion's harpoon-in-face

Best Reaction after Flawless Victory: Mileena's "Was it good for you?"

Coolest Weapon: Scorpion's sword

Most Interesting Detail: Mileena's biting launch changes to stabbing if the opponent has one of her knives stuck in him.

Random Questions:

1. We can't preform the second stage fatality in the demo can we?

2. For those who pre-ordered a copy of MK, how are you dealing with the fact that the item will be shipped to you and you won't be able to pick it up in-store? Or does it work differently in your case?

Thanks!

I agree with the best finishing pose - Scorps by a mile.

I also like JCs kick slap combo a lot for a basic combo.

Best throw - yes that is scorps.

For me best Xray is JCs, though some on the video after you beat the chracters look better.

Coolest special move is JCs shadow kick IMO it is a bit like Guile's Sonic Boom now :)
O also love Mileen's roll

Best outfit I think is Scorps - he looks mean.

I am suprised that I haven't picked much for Sub Zero - I am losing the love for him. He used to be my fav all those years ago too.

To answer your questions:

1. No
2. Not sure what you mean? If it is about shipping delay? I am ordering from a store in UK that gauruantees you get the game on release date. Sometimes they ship it to you 2 days early. I won't say their name as it isn't strictly fair on them.

I'm pretty sure you're right. I rushed it a bit and can get those confused sometimes.

AH I forgot Best Costume: that goes to Scorpion's badass getup for sure.

Yeah. Sorry if I sounded like a jackass...but on topic:

Best Win Pose: Johnny Cage-''Ohh Yeah!"

Best Fatality: Mileena's Be Mine-That one is just disgusting and fits her perfectly.

Best X-Ray: Sub-Zero's Deep Freeze.

Best Costume: Scorpion.

Best Intro Pose: Scorpion "Vengeance will be mine" !!

Best Finishing Pose: Johnny Cage "Oh Yeah"

Best Fatality: Mileena's "Be Mine"

Best Basic Combo: Sub-Zero 1,3,forward 4

Coolest Special Move: Mileena's gnaw bite jump

Best X-RAY Punch: Mileena's Sai Stab

Coolest Throw: Johnny Cage's 4-time sequence

Best Reaction after Flawless Victory: Mileena teasing pose

Coolest Weapon: Sub-Zero ice sword

To answer your questions:

1. No
2. Not sure what you mean? If it is about shipping delay? I am ordering from a store in UK that gauruantees you get the game on release date. Sometimes they ship it to you 2 days early. I won't say their name as it isn't strictly fair on them.

1. K, as I thought.
2. Yeah I'm worried that I will have to wait for my KE for a while because the store said it will arrive anywhere between April 22nd and May 5th. I'd lose my mind if I had to wait that long. Was just wondering what the case is with others who pre-ordered their copies...

Best Intro Pose: Mileena's "A heh heh heh. Let us dance."

Best Finishing Pose: Scorpion's drop to the underworld. (Mileena's winpose comes second to that.)

Best Fatality: It's a tie between Mileena's "Be Mine" and Scorpion's "Torso Slice". (After that, it's Sub-Zero's "Have an Ice Day".)

Best Basic Combo: The one where you press square, x, and then circle for Mileena. (Looks like she is kicking the victim at the nuts while pressing x.)

Coolest Special Move: Mileena's Leaping Lunch

Best X-RAY: Mileena's Femme Fatale (Then it's Scorpion's and Johnny Cage's.)

Coolest Throw: Sub-Zero's Sword Impalement (Then it's a tie between Mileena's and Johnny Cage's.)

Coolest Weapon: Scorpion's Sword

Answers:

1. Nope. It can't be performed.
2. I haven't pre-ordered mine yet. I want to make sure I get the right extra content that I'd want. Either Kitana's retro costume or Scorpion's costume and fatality.

Best Intro: BAHAHA Let us dance! Mileena

Best Finishing Pose: Mileena *Jumps at screen and sniffs!*

Best Fatality: Johnny Cage

Best Basic Combo: Scropions double sword slice into the flaming back flip kick

Coolest Special Move: Johnny - Shadow Kick
Scorpion - Take down
Mileena - Kick from above
Subzero - Slide

Best X-RAY Punch: Johnny cage

Coolest Throw: Johnny Cage front throw

Best Reaction after Flawless Victory: Mileena "Dont be mad"

Coolest Weapon: Sai's cause you can leave them in your enemy

Most Interesting Detail: The stabbing of the sais when they are in an enemy

Question Answers:
1) They didnt add that fatality to the demo i guess

2) I pre-ordered it on amazon so i have to wait like 2 days for shipping. It kinda sucks but ill get over it :)

2. Yeah I'm worried that I will have to wait for my KE for a while because the store said it will arrive anywhere between April 22nd and May 5th. I'd lose my mind if I had to wait that long. Was just wondering what the case is with others who pre-ordered their copies...
where do you live live, if you don't mind me asking? I would cancel and order elsewhere if I was told that.

i too, am not a doctor, but the organ, is more of a 'whatever is here' organ. its in the position of the liver, but the liver is about twice that size, and more different shape. like a crappy drawn triangle

best x-ray: liu kang's

best fatality: sektor's shotgun blast, homing missle

best costume: sub-zero.

best win pose: noob saibot

best special: shang tsung's soul drain/ morph

best weapon: nightwolf's tomahawks.

coolest combo: raiden (all of em)

coolest throw: kano's (scorpions old one) with the throat stab.

coolest intro: kitana (saucy)

stage fatality: kratos stage( sorry guys, it looks awesome)

over all coolest character (imo): noob saibot

most anticipated: sheeva

best dlc character (based on character art): red lady

most unexpected: (sorry can't tell ya) hahaha EXCELLENT!!

Best Intro Pose: Mileena's "Let us dance!"

Best Finishing Pose: Scorpion's drop to the Netherrealm.

Best Fatality: Mileena's Be Mine

Coolest Special Move: Mileena's teleport kick

Best X-Ray attack: Mileena's Femme Fatale

Coolest Throw: Scorpion's spear-in-face

Coolest Weapon: Sub-Zero's ice sword

Most Interesting Detail: Mileena's biting move changes to stabbing if the opponent has one of her sai stuck in him

sub-one: this is a thread about demo characters .. not cruelty :p Have you played the full game already?! And if so, HOW?!

I picked Sub Zero's X-Ray because it uses his power in an ingenious way, followed by a head-butt which is not your standard kick or punch. Still though, I can't get over how good the X-Ray move looks, in general. Mind blowing new addition.

I was curious. The unique detail with Mileena's gnawing move and how it switches if her opponent has one of her Sai's stuck in them .... do any of the other demo characters have anything similar to this? A unique change-up, quote or something that would go under the same category?

where do you live live, if you don't mind me asking? I would cancel and order elsewhere if I was told that.

silvercue, I live in Canada and I've pre-ordered the MK:KE online Future Shop. I'm seriously considering of canceling it but Future Shop has the lowest price I've seen so far ($89.99 CAD) and it seems like all the retro costumes and fatalities will be available anyway... anyone else here live in Canada?