MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

True, but I mean more in a sense he goes get his throne back in Outworld, but in doing so he finds it would be better to side with the good guys to combat this evil threat. Enemy of my enemy kinda thing, more or less. But I don't mean a so much the bad guys win, but instead a joint alliance maybe like they said in Deceptions intro. Though instead of 20 seconds we see them on a larger scale to either beat Onaga or Raiden.

I see what you mean, but in that case I'd rather have Shang Tsung back instead of Shao Kahn, as his own boss with his own motives.
Maybe Ermac's MKX ending could come true for MK11.
For example, using the enemy of my enemy thing you mentioned, but with Tsung double-crossing later own with his own plans and finally not being someone else's puppet / side-kick.
It would have the bad guy technically winning, while screwing over the good guys.

Scorpion & Sub-Zero as protagonists, then in the final cutscene Scorpion headbutts Sub-Zero, who then becomes Plain-Zero. Queue MK12.

I see what you mean, but in that case I'd rather have Shang Tsung back instead of Shao Kahn, as his own boss with his own motives.
Maybe Ermac's MKX ending could come true for MK11.
For example, using the enemy of my enemy thing you mentioned, but with Tsung double-crossing later own with his own plans and finally not being someone else's puppet / side-kick.
It would have the bad guy technically winning, while screwing over the good guys.

Yea it would be interesting to actually see Shang Tsung in some higher status. I mean even in Deception Quan Chi was stronger and beat him. Maybe he could finally get that rise to power to make him more like you said, instead of a puppet of some sort.

Jacqui is a woman of colour. She was a main protagonist in MKX.

As for Kitana, unless they find a way to reverse Quan Chi's magic without him, she will most likely continue to be evil. Though I do like the idea of Jade somehow helping Kitana to become herself once more, maybe with the aid of the goddess from Jade's MK9 ending. It's an idea.

It absolutely cannot be a simple Good vs. Evil format anymore. MK11 will probably go the shades of grey route of multi realms fighting each other, much like how Tekken operated in terms of character alignments. On one hand, you have Cassie, Jacqui, Kung Jin, Takeda, Sonya, Johnny Cage, Jax, Fujin and Li Mei being the saner half of Earthrealm Heroes. Then on the other, you have Raiden going Dark Raiden and he'll probably take on Scorpion and Sub-Zero as his lackeys to destroy anyone who poses a threat to Earthrealm.

Outworld currently has Kotal Kahn, Reptile, Ermac, Erron Black, Tanya and Goro representing them. It's unknown if the big bad villains for MK11 will either be Outworld or the Netherrealm. Liu Kang, Kitana and Raiden are obviously shaping up to be the real big bad villains for MK11 as it stands.

[MENTION=28387]Michael_Whiteacre[/MENTION]

As long as we're also discussing story stuff, I think that the "Quest" mode that they added in MKX mobile could be something that they could expand on in MK11, and adapt it for the console version.
I'm thinking of it more as a side-quest and not really story, per se.
Maybe sending your character out on a side-quest (apart from the story) could mean the chance of getting more in-game currency to unlock Krypt stuff or as a way to gain another alternate costume for the characters.

Yeah, I know that it means more work for NRS going into it apart from the main story, but it's 1 of the things that I liked about the DA, as a form of unlocking stuff goes.

I'm white

5byaep.jpg

I'm not and I don't care. The only thing that matters is that the white self-hatred is swelling in you now.
giphy.gif

Admittedly, I skipped a few pages and have no idea what's going on above. But as far as the topic is concerned, I feel like Fujin has to play a bigger role in MK11, and will probably take up the mentorship of Kung Jin since Raiden went all darkside, and he's got a connection to Kung Lao, and by extension, Liu Kang. I'd love to see a new protagonist (and one that gets fleshed out a bit more than MKX's newcomers) but I'm leaning toward Kung Jin here.

Unless they decide to just keep moving forward with Cassie. I wasn't bothered by her quite as much as others, but she is pretty vanilla.

With the timelines merging and past selves being brought back, I'm really hoping they don't just rehash Injustice 1's story where they bring in good Raiden to fight evil Raiden.

Technically if it's old timeline Raiden, depending on where they pull from he will still be Dark Raiden.

Heh. Maybe they'll really bite Injustice 1 and there will be infinite Earthrealm's and instead of old Raiden to fight new, it'll be Good Raiden, Good Liu Kang, and Good Kung Lao to fight the bad ones.

Although that would be a bummer...I wouldn't mind seeing the heroes be heroes again.

I don't think Raiden might be the villain.

Sure, this version of Dark Raiden is much more "dark" than the previous one, since that was corrupted by Onaga and was betting everything (even a pact with Shao Kahn) to protect Earthrealm, while this one is obviously tainted by Shinnok himself AND uses the amulet, while posing a much more aggressive position.

Still, I'm getting the feeling that Raiden will still be working on the edge of Earthrealm interests, but his rogue attitude will eventually make him shock with the other heroes (SF, LK, SR, etc.). That ending where Cassie kills Shujinko kind gives me those vibes, since he is already Dark (even though that doesn't seem to be canon so far)*.

I believe someone will take the role, Raiden will have to position himself, Dark or not. He may have defeated Shao Kahn, but now he is in a worst status than before and has the most powerful artifact, this is totally going to be manipulated by someone that isn't him, I doubt Raiden will grow any desire of realm unification.

Edit: What doesn't seem to be canon here is Cassie's ending, that's what I meant.

I was hoping they were going to stick to the MKX endings where Outworld was going to be the realm on the defense and Kotal declares Mortal Kombat to protect them from Raiden. I was really looking forward to a game where Reptile was one of the main heroes.

I was hoping they were going to stick to the MKX endings where Outworld was going to be the realm on the defense and Kotal declares Mortal Kombat to protect them from Raiden. I was really looking forward to a game where Reptile was one of the main heroes.

Now THAT would be very cool.