Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

At this point I just want MK12 to take the Street Fighter V route albeit 26-28 characters, no story mode, Living Towers similar to MKX and I2, 12-16 Stages, and just let the overall game be Armageddon 2. CG Endings should return from MK4. Overtime add new Fatalities, stages, moves, brutalities, -alities, and modes from similar to what they did with MKX. Reduce character costs to $2.99 each and give the ability to play the game to unlock that free with MKX's Koin system. 12 characters a year is preferred but 6 per year is fine. And just make Shaolin Monks style games for the story.

At this point I just want MK12 to take the Street Fighter V route albeit 26-28 characters, no story mode, Living Towers similar to MKX and I2, 12-16 Stages, and just let the overall game be Armageddon 2. CG Endings should return from MK4. Overtime add new Fatalities, stages, moves, brutalities, -alities, and modes from similar to what they did with MKX. Reduce character costs to $2.99 each and give the ability to play the game to unlock that free with MKX's Koin system. 12 characters a year is preferred but 6 per year is fine. And just make Shaolin Monks style games for the story.

I'm fine with most if this, but my only skepticism is that if NRS did the SFV Fight Money thing as an alternate to paying for the DLC it would probably be like 10 Billion koins for just 1 character, in which case it would probably be better to just flat-out buy the character.

As for the stages and -alities, if the data mining is correct for MK11 (which it hasn't been incorrect yet), then we'll probably see the following around the time of KP2:
Spoiler:

- Friendships
- the Dead Pool stage
- the Soul Chamber stage

You're insane if you think you'll ever be paying $3 for a character. The huge amount of work that goes into these characters, and you think you should be getting it for less than a bag of chips lmao

I bet with next DLC we will learn that Outworld citizens are all LGBTQ members and Shao Kahn was oppressing them. Seriously f$%k this thing and everything that is related to it.

With the way Shao Kahn has been portrayed in this game, he's the one being opressed and constantly bullied. Makes you wonder why everyone was so afraid of this joker in the previous games.

Come to think of it, all villains in this franchise are clowns. Shinnok got owned by Cassie, Shao Kahn by Kitana. I wouldn't be surprised if for the next game they'll pull off a Soywalker and resurrect Onaga. "He will be dealt with properly this time!...." just like poor man Palpatine.

This is brilliant. I agree. However, I'd like Towers of Time, konsumable modifiers, and a story mode to all return (in the MKSM style against minion enemies AND one on one battles for specific enemies/bosses). A simple krypt would be better instead too. Friendships, Brutalities, Fatalities, Multalities (only in story mode) and Quitalities should return.

The ONLY -ality that MK11 should have had in it by now (because it's been a staple of the series since MK1) are STAGE Fatalities, imo.
Again, though, data mining seems to point to that possibly coming to MK11 some time around KP2.

I hope we get stage fatalities. Especially if we're getting classic stages such as the Deadpool. It wouldn't feel right not being able to knock your opponent in the acid pool.

Some of the other stages have stuff than can be used for stage fatalities as well. Such as the swinging blades in the Shaolin Dungeon.

Ok so Xenon pointed it out for me and I watched it myself to confirm... so basically Sindel brought new lore in the game.

Plot twist! Cryomancers actually come from Edenia.

So... let's cement once and for all, that NRS is pulling everything out of their ass at this point.

Sindel claims that she banished Cryomancers from Edenia.
Which led to them going to Outworld. And then later on to Earthrealm, after Shao Kahn pretty much destroyed entire race.

It sounds consistent... for someone who is drunk or regular NRS employee.

But if that is the case...
Didn't Skarlet say that Sub Zero has Outworld blood? Not only she knows that better than anyone, as she is from Outworld herself, but she also has ability to sense one's blood. Why she never pointed out that Sub Zero has mixed heritage? (assuming that Cryomancers mixed with Outworld citizens)? Even if Cryomancers stayed in Outworld for few thousands of years, before being almost exterminated, it isn't enough time to suddenly get PURE Outworld blood. And as Skarlet considers Edenia blood as something super rare, she would definitely point that out.

Also for someone with Edenian background, Sub Zero is aging pretty f$%king fast.

Not to mention... why did Sub Zero go to FROZEN LANDS IN OUTWORLD in his MKX ending. Ok fine. Let's pretend that those lands were "imported" from Edenia, during the merge. That still leaves the question of blood and... oh ffs.

Gods, and people are telling me shit for why I am constantly pissed at this game. How can you NOT, then THEY ARE CONSTANTLY RETCONING EVERYTHING? So what was the f%^king point of learning and investing my f%%^king time in MK Lore if NONE OF IT MATTERS ANYMORE. For the first time, everyone that told me that I was wasting my time being invested in a franchise, was right! All the lore I learned throughout my years as a kid/teenager was, in Sindel's own words "IT WAS A LIE!!!"

I bet with next DLC we will learn that Outworld citizens are all LGBTQ members and Shao Kahn was oppressing them. Seriously f$%k this thing and everything that is related to it.

Technically, the Cryomancers were hinted at having left Outworld back during the 3D Era weren't they? If you really wanted to stretch out the lore it could have been revealed that the cryomancers were from Edenia but got slaughtered when Shao Kahn realized they were too OP. Thus they still would have technically been from both realms since Edenia was merged with Outworld.

I mean... it's still a giant @$$pull out of nowhere and still is another bad retcon for Sindel's character as well as the cryomancer race.

I hope we get stage fatalities. Especially if we're getting classic stages such as the Deadpool. It wouldn't feel right not being able to knock your opponent in the acid pool.

Some of the other stages have stuff than can be used for stage fatalities as well. Such as the swinging blades in the Shaolin Dungeon.

I mean, logic also tells me that such a stage being data mined means that there will be a Stage Fatality with it as well, but I also remember being a bit disappointed that the MK9 Bell Tower stage didn't have a Stage Fatality for it, when the original one did.

IMO, the Koliseum, Kytinn Hive and Prehistoric stage seem like they would all have stage Fatalities with an update, if NRS wanted.
You have:
- a Pit in the middle of the Koliseum
- giant bugs that wander around the Kytinn Hive
- a T-Rex that's to the right of the Prehistoric stage
These are all ripe for some sort of stage finisher.
Hell, even being able to use the T-Rex as a stage Bruatlity would be awesome, imo.

Technically, the Cryomancers were hinted at having left Outworld back during the 3D Era weren't they? If you really wanted to stretch out the lore it could have been revealed that the cryomancers were from Edenia but got slaughtered when Shao Kahn realized they were too OP. Thus they still would have technically been from both realms since Edenia was merged with Outworld.

I mean... it's still a giant @$$pull out of nowhere and still is another bad retcon for Sindel's character as well as the cryomancer race.

1. Originally Cryomancers left Outworld after Shao Kahn went full genocide on them.
2. Skarlet's intro

Skarlet: "Your kin descended from Outworld"
Sub Zero: "How would you know that?"
Skarlet: "You have the blood of Cryomancers."

This intro alone neutralizes Sindel's bullshit story about Cryomancers being from Edenia.

Merging realms also doesn't convert your Blood. Jade and Kitana still retained their Edenian blood. (confirmed by Skarlet), so if Sub Zero has the blood of Outworld citizen, then no way he can be Edenian.

But... eh. Sindel is a walking contradiction at this point. At no point any of the devs, have used their brains while making Sindel.

Not only has she joined the group of people that claim to have killed Jerrod personally, but also her relationship with Kitana is a complete mess at this point. She claims to have lied about everything, but Geras who OBSERVES EVERYTHING says this to Kitana.

"Sindel cared for you, above all else."

And the same Sindel proceeds to knee her daughter in the face.

As for that excuse of "different timelines". Sure DLC chars like Terminator don't matter. They are not part of MK. But characters like Sindel are written as part of main timeline. Mirror matches are the only place where different timelines are being mentioned/used to explain the two identical fighters. But aside that everyone talks as if they are part of main timeline, just different time frames.

In short, they don't even care anymore about lore. They just write, for the sake of writing.

I wonder if we will get anything at the Video Game Awards. I doubt they will announce KP2, but I won't mind having a Joker gameplay trailer to build up hype for next month.

I wonder if we will get anything at the Video Game Awards. I doubt they will announce KP2, but I won't mind having a Joker gameplay trailer to build up hype for next month.

I wouldn't count on it. Joker doesn't come out until the last Tuesday of January. And if the dates of the gameplay trailers of the last DLC characters are any indicator, that means we won't get Joker's until about a week or two before he comes out.

I wouldn't count on it. Joker doesn't come out until the last Tuesday of January. And if the dates of the gameplay trailers of the last DLC characters are any indicator, that means we won't get Joker's until about a week or two before he comes out.

I agree with you on the comparison of gameplay trailer dates for the last 4 DLC characters, but by this time the Joker should be about done given that Ed Boon mentioned seeing his Fatal Blow on October 23rd, prior to Sindel coming out.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1187134264237797376?s=21

While I also think that the trailer for Joker could come out closer to release, I'm also not ruling out the possibility of seeing something at the Game Awards for MK11, either.

If they announce KP2 at the Game Awards, I feel like some people will be angry about that because the first DLC wave is not even finished yet.

If they announce KP2 at the Game Awards, I feel like some people will be angry about that because the first DLC wave is not even finished yet.

I see where you're coming from, but I really don't see NRS waiting until after March to announce something.

The 2 biggest times in the gaming industry for a AAA developer to announce stuff seems to be either near E3 in June and / or in December for the Game Awards.
Personally (IF they are doing a 2nd KP), I don't see WB / NRS letting the Game Awards go by without a peep being said from them, and some of those people are still going to be pissed that the current wave of DLC isn't done, regardless.
Whether it's December, January, February or before mid-March, some of those people are going to be pissed that the wave of DLC isn't done, so they might as well get the jump on the hype train with Boon out on the stage and be like "Coming to MK11 in __________ of 2020.... *trailer shows Kombat Pack 2* featuring............."

I see where you're coming from, but I really don't see NRS waiting until after March to announce something.

The 2 biggest times in the gaming industry for a AAA developer to announce stuff seems to be either near E3 in June and / or in December for the Game Awards.
Personally (IF they are doing a 2nd KP), I don't see WB / NRS letting the Game Awards go by without a peep being said from them, and some of those people are still going to be pissed that the current wave of DLC isn't done, regardless.
Whether it's December, January, February or before mid-March, some of those people are going to be pissed that the wave of DLC isn't done, so they might as well get the jump on the hype train with Boon out on the stage and be like "Coming to MK11 in __________ of 2020.... *trailer shows Kombat Pack 2* featuring............."

That's insane. They have no reason to show off KP2 yet especially since people are still waiting on two of the most anticipated characters in the first pack. They've said on multiple occasions that they're going to support MK11 for a very long time. Ed Boon spent months teasing KP2 after Tremor was released.