Jason Lives! - May 4th - 3PM CDT - Official Stream Thread

Right now I don't remember the exact course of Deception konquest, but I think Shujinko isn't much older than the rest (psychically), or maybe he's even around the same age, more or less (given original timeline and considering that most of the events before MK1 in alternative timeline didn't change).

And why is that?

Because so far he is the one known mortal foreigner who has been to Chaosrealm and during Deception konquest it was revealed that Shujinko started to age faster than normally because of the Chaosrealm nature.

That would make the whole Deception konquest canon (which it really is, despite some inconsistencies) and explain the meeting between young Shujinko and Kenshi, and then Shujinko looking old, but Kenshi still looking around the same age.

I watched a playthrough of Konquest on YouTube earlier this month to get pumped for MKX (also watched MK9 story mode over again) and they never actually say this. In fact, Damashi and the narrator keep saying "many years" have passed between Shujinko's age-ups. Now, Damashi could be lying, of course. But the narrator?

I like MK Legacy. Sue me. :-D

He must have been supernaturally old in the original timeline, considering that Shujinko met him when he was around 20 years old and Kenshi was already a grown man who had wandered for years and been blinded by Shang Tsung. Then Shujinko ran into him just in time for Armageddon and we know how Kenshi looked then - the exact same.

But I'm guessing that's no longer a thing in the new timeline. :(
Shujinko was at his 40s and it was a few years before MK1. It was never canon Kenshi being thousands of years old.

Sent from Earthrealm. Please, beware the Thunder God!

So what?
They're paying homage to the character.

He only gets 15% back if he has full meter, which isn't very likely to happen at the end of the 2nd round, especially online.
Worst case scenario is 15%, best case scenario is 5%.
I'm pretty sure that online vs a very good Mileena, Sub-Zero or Erron Black, said Jason user will either be using 2 bars of meter for a braker as not to get their ass pummeled in a combo or be using EX moves to escape Erron Black's zoning.
I have NO issue with this homage, AT ALL.
The ethically right thing to do is ZERO percent online

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Considering I asked at almost noon, and now it's past noon, about 2 PM... I think asking is perfectly legit. WTF is up.

[h=1]Details on Today's MKX PC Patch[/h]
Today we are posting a new patch for the early access release of Jason Voorhees to Kombat Pack owners. The patch will also address the following for all users:

-Added the free Klassic Sub-Zero costume.
-Display drivers should no longer crash during online play.
-A crash will no longer occur after a full rotation of players in the lobby during Round Robin matches.
-Fixed a crash that some users experienced during the first QTE in the story.
-Game no longer crashes when players attempt to join a game through Steam or in a room.
-Fixed startup crash on high end systems (those with > 8 cores).
-Fixed a crash that would occur during recorded match playback.
-Save data safety check to try to eliminate save data loss.
-Fix to prevent save game data from being corrupted while closing the game.
-Walk away animations now appear at the end of the character selection process.
-The levers in Shao Khan's Tomb will now activate.
-Shinnok's Flick Trick Fatality no longer experiences a significant framerate drop.
-Functionality is no longer lost while watching a match replay.
-Pre-game lobbies will populate 10 players into Faction Battle matches.
-Kombat Kards will now display correct Icons, Backgrounds, and Borders in a KOTH match.
-Fatality inputs no longer change into QTE inputs during in Online Tower Battles.
-Game no longer desynchronizes when a player selects a character that their opponent has not unlocked.
-D'Vorah's cape no longer moves when she's killed.
-Game no longer freezes when opponent in online closes the game.
-Title remains responsive while story cinematics are loading.
-Fixed leaderboards and kombat kards not updating past the top players.
-After entering Replays with the controller the Player can use the keyboard when watching a replay from an online match.
-Loading screens now display before progress bar fills up.
-Diagonal arrows are shown instead of keys when Alternate Control is enabled.
-Sometimes saving a Custom1 preset displayed as being saved for Custom1-4 in the character select and pause menu controls screens.
-The UI arrows will now switch sides on a tagged move when the character switched position with his opponent.
-Chat room names will now display properly (instead of SteamIDs.)
-Fixed input callouts when switching between keyboard and USB controller after entering a KOTH match.
-Additional graphical fidelity options.
· General Matchmaking improvements.
· Performance improvements
· Improved online stability
· Multiplayer invite improvements
· Gameplay fixes and balancing
· Various Kombat Kard fixes
· WB Play fixes
· General bug fixes

For those having trouble finding JASON-

How to find Jason & Horror Pack Skins on PSN:

1. Make sure MKX is closed.

2. Go to Store.

3. Go down to Library.

4. Choose Games.

5. Find MKX (its alphabetically organized by default)

6. You'll come to a MKX overview page where you can start the game. Keep hitting down until you see a box that says "View All".

7. click on it, then you'll see boxes for every DLC item. If you purchased the Kombat Pack, Jason & the Horror Pack will have Free on them. Select each one to download.

That should be all you need. The files download & install very quickly. Feel free to reboot your console, but launch MKX. Go to character select & make sure Jason & the new skins for Ermac, Mileena & Reptile are available.

In most cases atm, you'll have the skins but it could take a couple hours to sync up to get Jason.

For those having trouble finding JASON-

How to find Jason & Horror Pack Skins on PSN:

1. Make sure MKX is closed.

2. Go to Store.

3. Go down to Library.

4. Choose Games.

5. Find MKX (its alphabetically organized by default)

6. You'll come to a MKX overview page where you can start the game. Keep hitting down until you see a box that says "View All".

7. click on it, then you'll see boxes for every DLC item. If you purchased the Kombat Pack, Jason & the Horror Pack will have Free on them. Select each one to download.

That should be all you need. The files download & install very quickly. Feel free to reboot your console, but launch MKX. Go to character select & make sure Jason & the new skins for Ermac, Mileena & Reptile are available.

In most cases atm, you'll have the skins but it could take a couple hours to sync up to get Jason.

You're posting this everywhere. Too much pink jason instructions for me.