Jade's Metal Thread

Re: XxJadexX's Metal Thread

You do realize they ARE metalcore...right?
Or even what metalcore is?
I understand you're a mod but I'm standing my ground.

Oh. My. God.

You can't be serious. Please tell me you are not serious. No one can really say that Pantera's metalcore and be serious.

PANTERA ARE THRASH/GROOVE METAL.

Just wow.

Haha. Okay.
So Converge, The Ghost Inside, Endwell and so many others are Thrash and Groove too?
Breakdowns, sweetheart.
You hear them, I hear them, everyone who LISTENS to Pantera hears them.
Metalcore is the fusion of Metal and Hardcore, and Phil on SEVERAL occasions has referred to how they got their sound EXACTLY like that.
The metalcore on this list isn't even the GOOD kind of metalcore.
Go ahead and ban me. I'll just start going back to twitter to get my news.
No care ever.

Haha. Okay.
So Converge, The Ghost Inside, Endwell and so many others are Thrash and Groove too?
Breakdowns, sweetheart.
You hear them, I hear them, everyone who LISTENS to Pantera hears them.
Metalcore is the fusion of Metal and Hardcore, and Phil on SEVERAL occasions has referred to how they got their sound EXACTLY like that.
The metalcore on this list isn't even the GOOD kind of metalcore.
Go ahead and ban me. I'll just start going back to twitter to get my news.
No care ever.

hahahahahahaha

Please do me a favour.

Join the metal forum I post in, All Metal Forums, and make a thread in off topic saying that Pantera are metalcore.

You seriously have no idea what you are talking about. It's a well known fact that Pantera are not metalcore. I am in shock right now that you are serious.

Hope to see you there.

You do realize they ARE metalcore...right?
Or even what metalcore is?
I understand you're a mod but I'm standing my ground.

Sorry man but Pantera are not metalcore in any sense. Not even part of the 90s early metalcore movement. Trust me on this :)

How are you guys so BLINDED by this?
Dear god.
I guess I'll just go start calling Hatebreed and Terror thrash and groove metal too. I'm outta here and Jade, you can keep hoping but if the people on that forum are as blind as you, I'll avoid it.

Because I totally trust that awesome reliable source.
If you honestly get a bands genre off a site like that, I can see why you're so blind.
It's like people who call Bring Me the Horizon hardcore.

How are you guys so BLINDED by this?
Dear god.
I guess I'll just go start calling Hatebreed and Terror thrash and groove metal too. I'm outta here and Jade, you can keep hoping but if the people on that forum are as blind as you, I'll avoid it.

Hatebreed and Terror are hardcore, at most, metallic hardcore. Pantera were an influence on many bands, but their origins and identity as a band are metal.
Just as a side note, I'm seeing Terror and H20 tomorrow :)

Because I totally trust that awesome reliable source.
If you honestly get a bands genre off a site like that, I can see why you're so blind.
It's like people who call Bring Me the Horizon hardcore.

You are honestly one of the most ignorant people ever.

No one is saying the other bands you mentioned are not metalcore/hardcore but for someone to say Pantera are metalcore, just wow.

Metal Archives is an extremely trusted site. Go look at any official Pantera page and let me know when you see them labelled as metalcore. A few minutes of a breakdown in a song does not make them metalcore. Groove metal. Learn what they are, dude.

Hatebreed and Terror are hardcore, at most, metallic hardcore. Pantera were an influence on many bands, but their origins and identity as a band are metal.
Just as a side note, I'm seeing Terror and H20 tomorrow :)

I'm sorry to say it but metallic hardcore and metalcore go hand in hand dude.
And if you take pictures of H20 I think you would be a god.

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my previous post. I just thought it was kinda... dumb that you guys are so blinded by this.
They ARE metal. Metalcore isn't just Killswitch Engage. It's so much beyond that. It's not an insult to be called "metalcore" anymore. It's Pantera. I'd never call them metalcore to their respective faces, but that's what they are.

And Jade, websites are not the only place for information.
I love music. With every fiber of my being. When I listen to a band, I get a feel for them, I can tell you what genre most metal bands are, and it's not trusted to me. That site is probably run by mallgoths with no sense of music.
As I said earlier. If you're offended by my post, ban me.
I don't care.
They are metalcore/metallic hardcore/ something with metal and hardcore in the genre.
Whatever way you ****in twist it.
I'm sorry to hurt your feelings or whatever the hell I did to piss you off, but I'm sorry.

I'm sorry to say it but metallic hardcore and metalcore go hand in hand dude.
And if you take pictures of H20 I think you would be a god.

Metallic hardcore and metalcore are not the same actually. Metallic hardcore is hardcore with metal influences, whereas metalcore is the amalgamation of both styles (not just instrumentation either). Typically, metalcore bands don't stay metalcore; they eventually drift off into one genre or the other. The way a band identifies themselves, the message they send, the values they stand for, also defines the style they play.

And yes, I might take some snaps tomorrow.

Oh my god, NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT CONVERGE OR ANY OTHER BAND YOU MENTIONED, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PANTERA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groove_metal

http://www.last.fm/tag/groove+metal

http://video.metalz.info/pantera-walk-live-video.html

http://metallawas.blogspot.com/2009/10/pantera-discography.html

http://www.metalkingdom.net/band/464_pantera

http://www.thrashunlimited.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9292

I'm not trying to be rude, dude, but for you to come in here and blast people when you aren't even right is just ignorance. Seriously, just go to ANY metal forum and say that. Bring a needle and string, you'll need to stitch up your @ss after the raping you get.

Last edited:

Haha. You honestly think I don't troll metal forums almost daily?
The vast majority of them are owned by old dudes who think Metallica is still the greatest thing to happen to music.
And old boy with the Quan Chi avatar insulted metalcore, so I shut him up.
I think it's fun to chew people up like you and spit you out on metal forums. Thanks for giving me more though!

The fact is, you are all wrong.
I was wrong about metallic hardcore and metalcore, but that doesn't change Pantera's genre.
They have breakdowns, clean vocals, and everything.
They are metalcore.
Pure and ****ing simple.
But the funny thing is, you guys seem to think all ****ing metalcore sounds like the shit that people keep posting on here.
Well, you're wrong in that department.
I don't care what you guys say. Or what those apes on those forums say.
I won't be butthurt.
Sorry to disappoint Jade. But I've made my way in the world. No one can ****in' phase me.

The vast majority of them are owned by old dudes who think Metallica is still the greatest thing to happen to music.
I think it's fun to chew people up like you and spit you out on metal forums. Thanks for giving me more though!

I was wrong about metallic hardcore and metalcore, but that doesn't change Pantera's genre.
They are metalcore.
Pure and ****ing simple.
But the funny thing is, you guys seem to think all ****ing metalcore sounds like the shit that people keep posting on here.
I won't be butthurt.
Sorry to disappoint Jade. But I've made my way in the world. No one can ****in' phase me.

I've posted several sites proving you wrong. I have yet to see you post a site that says they are metalcore.

The fact that you really believe you are right is beyond hilarious. I am gonna go ahead and make the assumption that you are nothing but a troll because no one can be this ignorant about Pantera and mean it.

Oh my god, NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT CONVERGE OR ANY OTHER BAND YOU MENTIONED, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PANTERA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groove_metal

http://www.last.fm/tag/groove+metal

http://video.metalz.info/pantera-walk-live-video.html

http://metallawas.blogspot.com/2009/10/pantera-discography.html

http://www.metalkingdom.net/band/464_pantera

http://www.thrashunlimited.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9292

I'm not trying to be rude, dude, but for you to come in here and blast people when you aren't even right is just ignorance. Seriously, just go to ANY metal forum and say that. Bring a needle and string, you'll need to stitch up your @ss after the raping you get.

Groove Metal is Metalcore of the 90's. It's pretty bad.

I found that in one of the forums you posted.
I lol'd pretty hard.
I know he's still referring to them as groove metal, but still. That one topic has more laughs for me then this whole topic.
But since Tim Static(Who got his name from Static-X? One of the worst bands to roam this god forsaken planet) I will remain here.
I would've enjoyed staying here, but you guys are too moronic for me to leave this easy.

Groove metal is a subgenre of metal music that dates back to the late 1980s, with origins primarily focused in the United States and Brazil. The music itself is generally comprised of mid-tempo riffs similar to those found in Thrash Metal, with a tendency to focus more on groovy syncopation and heaviness than outright speed. The result is generally a combination of influences from original Thrash Metal, with overtones of Heavy Metal and undertones of Hardcore Punk. Notable acts include Pantera, Machine Head, Sepultura and White Zombie.

You're wrong, stop trolling, thanks.

They are metalcore.
Pure and ****ing simple.
I won't be butthurt.

LOL you need to step back.
"Breakdowns, clean vocals and everything" don't make a band metalcore. Grindcore and death metal actually introduced the 'brutal' breakdowns that are so commonplace now. The original hardcore bands, hardcore punk bands, didn't have those kind of breakdowns; they had beatdowns. There is so much more to an authentic metalcore band than such basic elements. Like I said, trust me, I've known metal and hardcore for half my life.

Groove Metal is Metalcore of the 90's. It's pretty bad.

I found that in one of the forums you posted.
I lol'd pretty hard.
I know he's still referring to them as groove metal, but still. That one topic has more laughs for me then this whole topic.
But since Tim Static(Who got his name from Static-X? One of the worst bands to roam this god forsaken planet) I will remain here.
I would've enjoyed staying here, but you guys are too moronic for me to leave this easy.

OH MY ****ING GOD! THIS LITTLE KID IS HURTING MY FEEELINS!!! *sad face*

You are resorting to insults because we've put the little doggies nose in the pile of shit he made. you are wrong, and you know it and think you can save face by staying. Sure go ahead. your moronic bullshit is hilarious!! lmao keep it going

and as for me, you goofy ass nerd, i got my name from them, while i worked for them. i could care less what you think of their music. their music did get worse and now they are next to nothing. but i am friends with him and A LOT of others in the industry. in fact, i might have to show some people i think you'd know how much of a ****ing tool you are. lmao

keep it up dumbass!

LOL you need to step back.
Breakdowns, clean vocals and everything don't make a band metalcore. Grindcore and death metal actually introduced the 'brutal' breakdowns that are so commonplace now. The original hardcore bands, hardcore punk bands, didn't have those kind of breakdowns; they had beatdowns. Like I said, trust me, I've known metal and hardcore for half my life.

Dude, you're only 4 years older than me...
Chill.
And actually if you think about it. What makes Killswitch Metalcore?
The breakdowns, and clean singing.
If it didn't have that, it'd still be terrible, but it's metalcore.
That's it.
And Jade, how dense are you exactly? I showed you something from one of the forums YOU gave ME and all you had to come back with is "You're wrong. Stop trolling." How about you admit you were wrong, and I will leave this topic?