Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Oh she is definitely Mary Sue. Maybe not the pure one (needs no help at all), but she is definitely in that area. To be honest all of the Kombat Kids were too op.

Liu Kang was estalbished as a warrior that has been trained specifically to fight for Earthrealm. Bred and grown defender of the Earthrealm. He used his skills to fight Goro, Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn.

Cassie... a girl with mommy issues. Not to mention she was shown to do no damage to Shinnok with her own skills. Only after she got the ass pull power of green aura, she managed to beat an Elder God on steroids. Giiirl power.

MKX story suffered greatly from that. They tried so hard to sell the idea of "new generation is stronger than previous one" that they created a mess. It can work with characters like Johnny Cage or Sub Zero, who are being limited by how much their bodies have degraded due aging disease, but Shinnok, Kitana, or any other character that do not suffer from that aging diseases and can live for tens of thousands of years or even forever, are immune to that idea.

It was already stupid watching Jacqui and Takeda "holding off" combined might of Liu Kang and Kung Lao, but seeing Cassie go 1 on 1with Shinnok, who is not only an elder god, but also is on steroids, with entire EARTH'S life force? Nah. No need to dig too deep to see how stupid and inconsistent it is.

If she worked with her team to first weaken Corrupt Shinnok, snatch his amulet and THEN you showed me Cassie beating Shinnok in his original form, THEN I could believe. But instead we got 5 year old writing. POWAH OF LOVE. Cause her daddy was suffering.

So yeah. Mary Sue. Definitely Mary Sue.

Oh she is definitely Mary Sue. Maybe not the pure one (needs no help at all), but she is definitely in that area. To be honest all of the Kombat Kids were too op.

Liu Kang was estalbished as a warrior that has been trained specifically to fight for Earthrealm. Bred and grown defender of the Earthrealm. He used his skills to fight Goro, Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn.

Cassie... a girl with mommy issues. Not to mention she was shown to do no damage to Shinnok with her own skills. Only after she got the ass pull power of green aura, she managed to beat an Elder God on steroids. Giiirl power.

MKX story suffered greatly from that. They tried so hard to sell the idea of "new generation is stronger than previous one" that they created a mess. It can work with characters like Johnny Cage or Sub Zero, who are being limited by how much their bodies have degraded due aging disease, but Shinnok, Kitana, or any other character that do not suffer from that aging diseases and can live for tens of thousands of years or even forever, are immune to that idea.

It was already stupid watching Jacqui and Takeda "holding off" combined might of Liu Kang and Kung Lao, but seeing Cassie go 1 on 1with Shinnok, who is not only an elder god, but also is on steroids, with entire EARTH'S life force? Nah. No need to dig too deep to see how stupid and inconsistent it is.

If she worked with her team to first weaken Corrupt Shinnok, snatch his amulet and THEN you showed me Cassie beating Shinnok in his original form, THEN I could believe. But instead we got 5 year old writing. POWAH OF LOVE. Cause her daddy was suffering.

Cassie was in Special Forces and had at least a decade of martial arts training. Also if we are complaining that the Kombat Kids beating Liu Kang and Kung Lao who you said the latter two was bred to fight for Earthrealm( despite Takeda and Kung Jin learning combat since childhood) then by your logic Liu Kang and Kung Lao are Gary Stus for beating people with centuries of experianc

Also I guess almost every battle shonen character is a Mary Sue by your logic.
Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
And as for D'Vorah? She is a textbook example of why the infamous pesticide known as DDT needs to come back!

Also keep in mind that Shinnok is literally Mortal Kombat's equivalent to Satan. There is no way Cassie should have beaten Shinnok by herself. At least her own father got lucky enough to find the amulet right under his feet.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cassie was in Special Forces and had at least a decade of martial arts training. Also if we are complaining that the Kombat Kids beating Liu Kang and Kung Lao who you saix the latter was bred to fight for Earthrealm( despite Takeda and Kung Jin learning combat since childhood) then by your logic Liu Kang and Kung Lao are Gary Stus for beating people with centuries of experiance

Yeah, Special Forces. Last time I checked special forces, don't specialize on hand to hand combat. They do self defense courses, but they aren't martial artists. They are all about disabling the target as fast as possible, not fighting them on a ring.

Hence why Tobias had the right idea. He set it up in a smart way.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao have been trained by Raiden and Bo Rai Cho. Two of the ancient beings with one of them being a God of Thunder, who lived for as long as any other ancient deity. He shared his experience with Liu Kang and Kung Lao while shaping them into defenders of the Earthrealm. With Liu Kang being the prodigy. So them fighting ancient beings is reasonable, because it goes under the rule of "underestimating your opponent" and "shock and awe"

Goro has won 9 out of 10 tournaments, and Raiden definitely was during all those tournaments. So you can easily assume, that he shaped Liu Kang and Kung Lao based on that knowledge. Basically doing the "rinse and repeat until perfect". Not to mention MK9 did a good job showing that Liu Kang was preparing SPECIFCALLY for Goro. Raiden acted like a second for Liu Kang during that time. So you have a build up. They were PREPARING for that moment.

Shang Tsung. We already know that he is weaker than Liu Kang. That has been shown many times throughout MK history. The only time Shang Tsung won, was with the help of Quan Chi. Why? Cause Shang Tsung is a sorcerer. He steals things. He doesn't earn them. He holds great power, but hasn't refined it. While Liu Kang has spent years mastering his abilities and refining them close to perfection.

Shao Kahn is just prime example of overconfident to a fault. Blind and drunk from his own legend and power, he underestimated Liu Kang and got a hole in his chest. This falls under "even a master makes mistakes"

So no. They are not Gary Stus. Both their backgrounds and situations play out reasonably. They don't come into the story all overconfident af. With no actual experience or some issues. No. Both come in prepared. They are fighting at full power. Full potential.

And what I liked about MK9. The moment when Kung Lao died. It came out, out of nowhere, but at the same time, made sense. Kung Lao, due his recklesness, dropped his guard just for a moment, and paid the price. During that time, it established two things.

1. The tournament ain't some happy go to place, where good guys always win.
2. Shao Kahn powerful enough to snap their necks, like it is nothing. Which established Shao Kahn's strength. Even Champions weren't safe. That raised the odds. One of the heroes, just died, due his stupidity.

And now wtf Kombat Kids have to offer in that regard?

Story starts with them having childish arguments and... flirting? Wtf? 2 hours (which is a long time to be honest), wasted on putting up fights, just to show their "personality".

There are more interesting things happening in the background, but for some reason we are fed to their... personal issues? Ok, cool. You want to explore that? Be my guest, but you can do that in way better ways, than just waste entire fight. Especially if it destroys any threat.

Kotal Kahn, the new Emperor of Outworld, gets beaten up by Kung Jin, cause oh no. He didn't want the thief to die. He had something in common with that poor little man. Hence why he defeated the f^&king Emperor of Outworld.

So how does that establish Kotal Kahn's strength? By that logic Shao Kahn will murder Kotal Kahn, like it is nothing. I mean. If Kotal Kahn can't beat some random guy, who spent a good portion of his life being a thief (which means he has no actual experience fighting creatures from other realms), then he can forget about scratching Shao Kahn.

Now Cassie... does she look like a trained soldier? No. She has the knowledge, but not one element on her, presents "experienced fighter, that trained day and night to prepare for Kombat". Nah, she is just a shitty brat, that chews gum, throws references around and uses gimmicks in a fight. Not to mention, according to comics (which are canon according to devs), she tended to ran away a lot. She didn't take her training seriously. And you want to tell me, she is on Liu Kang's level? GTFO

Jacqui. Same. Sheltered kid, that went against her daddies wishes and joined Special Forces behind his back. So she definitely is the weakest out of the bunch. She most likely has the least of actual fighting experience (fighting in arena and life/death situation are two different things, so her title of being a champion means jack of shit)

Takeda. That's the only character I could buy. Backstory is set. Trained since childhood, by none other, than Hanzo Hasashi. Had multiple near death experiences during early years. He has everything. Which makes him the strongest character. And probably the only one that could have had a chance while facing Shinnok. He has experience with demons already. So yeah... yet it was Hollywood girl.

Also. While Takeda, has the best matching backstory, to be a great fighter, even he couldn't handle Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Sindel and Kitana at the same time. He is literally fighting veterans from the old war. Not to mention Jacqui is fookin injured. So Takeda also has to watch over her at the same time.... yeah no. No proper build up, no sense, garbage.

To be honest only now I understand, why people say that MK died, when Tobias left.

If we are talking shitty shonen mangas, then.. yeah. I remember reading this manga called Fairy Tail. It started interesting, had lots of lore building and character trump cards, didn't feel cheap, until the author run out out of ideas and just started making fan service, for the sake of fan service and just raised the odds to the point of stupidity, and main characters just beat the main guys with the same move, OVER, and OVER again. Punch to the face, filled with Nakama and love power.

Last edited:
And as for D'Vorah? She is a textbook example of why the infamous pesticide known as DDT needs to come back!

Also keep in mind that Shinnok is literally Mortal Kombat's equivalent to Satan. There is no way Cassie should have beaten Shinnok by herself. At least her own father got lucky enough to find the amulet right under his feet.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ah man, don't even remind me of Johnny Cage part. That part was ALMOST perfect, but they HAD to introduce that idiotic green aura. It gave me traumatic memories of Mindjack. Writers in that game also did that stupid mistake.

You spend most of the game using this ability called Mindjack, and then close to the end, one of the characters says. "OMG, I can't believe this! There is an ability that allows you to mindjack someone and control them"

And other character is like "That's crazy!"

Dude. You madafawkas have been using that ability ENTIRE FOOKIN GAME.

Same with Johnny Cage. Oh look. A green aura. Never SAW THAT BEFORE. Definitely didn't use that, during MK9 or in the first levels of MKX!

Meh. MK went Dragon Ball Super stupid. No idea, who is stronger or weaker at this point.

Yeah, Special Forces. Last time I checked special forces, don't specialize on hand to hand combat. They do self defense courses, but they aren't martial artists. They are all about disabling the target as fast as possible, not fighting them on a ring.

Yep and Special Forces are also known to go into different dimensions and fight demons and monsters, its not that hard to see our world and the MK Special Forces are different.

Kang and Kung Lao have been trained by Raiden and Bo Rai Cho. Two of the ancient beings with one of them being a God of Thunder, who lived for as long as any other ancient deity. He shared his experience with Liu Kang and Kung Lao while shaping them into defenders of the Earthrealm. With Liu Kang being the prodigy. So them fighting ancient beings is reasonable, because it goes under the rule of "underestimating your opponent" and "shock and awe"

1. Its not that easy to teach a person "CENTURIES" of experience maybe Raiden can tell them some tips to better fight Shao Khan or Goro but sharing 1000 year old experiance is next to impossible. Also Johnny Cage beat Shinnok so its not that far into possibility that Johnny shared his experiance with Cassie and its pretty much shown that Cassie is a prodigy.

Goro has won 9 out of 10 tournaments, and Raiden definitely was during all those tournaments. So you can easily assume, that he shaped Liu Kang and Kung Lao based on that knowledge. Basically doing the "rinse and repeat until perfect". Not to mention MK9 did a good job showing that Liu Kang was preparing SPECIFCALLY for Goro. Raiden acted like a second for Liu Kang during that time. So you have a build up. They were PREPARING for that moment.
Yeah but not only Liu Kang beat Goro but he also beat Shao Khan who he wasn't prepared to fight

Shang Tsung. We already know that he is weaker than Liu Kang. That has been shown many times throughout MK history. The only time Shang Tsung won, was with the help of Quan Chi. Why? Cause Shang Tsung is a sorcerer. He steals things. He doesn't earn them. He holds great power, but hasn't refined it. While Liu Kang has spent years mastering his abilities and refining them close to perfection.
So how did Kung Lao BEAT both Quan Chi and Shang Tsung, is he a Mary Sue too.

Shao Kahn is just prime example of overconfident to a fault. Blind and drunk from his own legend and power, he underestimated Liu Kang and got a hole in his chest. This falls under "even a master makes mistakes"

How do you know Shao Khan is overconfident, overconfident people don't use cheap tricks to kill an opponent like when Shao Khan snaped Kung Lao's neck also going by your "Overconfident" example couldn't you make an argument that Shinnok was overconfident.

So no. They are not Gary Stus. Both their backgrounds and situations play out reasonably. They don't come into the story all overconfident af. With no actual experience or some issues. No. Both come in prepared. They are fighting at full power. Full potential.

Umm all of the Kombat Kids came in prepared and had experience also Cassie beating Shinnok isn't an asspull because its been stated that she wasn't fighting to her full potential and had a power growing inside her.

Story starts with them having childish arguments and... flirting? Wtf? 2 hours (which is a long time to be honest), wasted on putting up fights, just to show their "personality".

Oh yeah because Liu Kang NEVER flirted with Kitana in MK9 or Kung Lao complaing he is being upstaged by Liu Kang

So how does that establish Kotal Kahn's strength? By that logic Shao Kahn will murder Kotal Kahn, like it is nothing. I mean. If Kotal Kahn can't beat some random guy, who spent a good portion of his life being a thief (which means he has no actual experience fighting creatures from other realms), then he can forget about scratching Shao Kahn.

Well its a good thing Kung Jin has a "Bow and Arrow", its not like they were fighting bare handed in a tournament.

Now Cassie... does she look like a trained soldier? No. She has the knowledge, but not one element on her, presents "experienced fighter, that trained day and night to prepare for Kombat". Nah, she is just a shitty brat, that chews gum, throws references around and uses gimmicks in a fight. Not to mention, according to comics (which are canon according to devs), she tended to ran away a lot. She didn't take her training seriously. And you want to tell me, she is on Liu Kang's level? GTFO .
1. What difference does it make if she looks like a trained soldier
2. She ran away to fight in underground matches
3. I don't know how to tell you but there are some cases where people are just naturally talented for stuff and Cassie comes from a cult that bred warriors for the gods
4. Stop using the word "gimmick" if you actually see her fight you know she has MMA style moves, just because she has powers doesn't mean she doesn't use martial arts, by your own logic Liu Kang uses gimmicks because he shoots fireballs and has that bicycle kick.
giphy.gif

Jacqui. Same. Sheltered kid, that went against her daddies wishes and joined Special Forces behind his back. So she definitely is the weakest out of the bunch. She most likely has the least of actual fighting experience (fighting in arena and life/death situation are two different things, so her title of being a champion means jack of shit)

If we are going by experiences then Liu Kang and Kung Lao didn't have a lot, sure they trained a lot but its never been established they had their own adventures and was pretty much cooped in a temple, at least with Jacqui and Cassie you can say they seen some action.

Also. While Takeda, has the best matching backstory, to be a great fighter, even he couldn't handle Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Sindel and Kitana at the same time. He is literally fighting veterans from the old war. Not to mention Jacqui is fookin injured. So Takeda also has to watch over her at the same time.... yeah no. No proper build up, no sense, garbage.

Umm Jacqi did help remember.

Meh. MK went Dragon Ball Super stupid. No idea, who is stronger or weaker at this point.

Hey speaking Dragonball you must hate Gohan for fighting people with years of experiance despite being a child for most of Z, guess he's a Mary Sue too right

I guess the next Kombat Kast (4/22/2019) will be Frost. Maybe Shao Kahn and another character too but most likely Frost (or who ever that hooded character in one of the story mode trailers was).

If Frost, I have a feeling she has (cyborg powers) but I could be wrong.

So 2 more slots that have not been revealed in the roster yet. I believe one is Frost and the other is either DLC (such as Shao Kahn) or another character that has not been revealed yet (I was hoping for Tanya, Sindel, Nitara, Li Mei, or KRONIKA) but I doubt it. The extra slot might be the characters that most fans have been hoping for (such as Rain or Fujin), Shinnok, or another character. I don't think it's random select either.

Cassie was in Special Forces and had at least a decade of martial arts training. Also if we are complaining that the Kombat Kids beating Liu Kang and Kung Lao who you said the latter two was bred to fight for Earthrealm( despite Takeda and Kung Jin learning combat since childhood) then by your logic Liu Kang and Kung Lao are Gary Stus for beating people with centuries of experianc

I am a fckin behemoth, 6'5" tall with 240 pounds. More than a decade of martial arts train (black in muay Thai and brown in bjj), so, by ur logic, I have a great chance to defeat Shinnok right??!! I REALLY don't think so!!!!

I am a fckin behemoth, 6'5" tall with 240 pounds. More than a decade of martial arts train (black in muay Thai and brown in bjj), so, by ur logic, I have a great chance to defeat Shinnok right??!! I REALLY don't think so!!!!

Do you have the green halo that both Cassandra and Jonathan Cage poses? Do you have decades of experience battling against supernatural being? The answer to both of the questions is NO! I find it absolutely hilarious that there are people who still question Cassie, Jacqueline, and the rest of the "Kombat Kids" credentials. Cassie and her father literally posses the power within them to fight and kill Gods but people are still calling bs? If you don't agree with MK's mythology that's fine but let's stop trying to demean Cassie and even Jacqui's capabilities because some of you don't care for them. Yes while did think it was odd that Jacqui and Takeda after being damaged by Kitana was able to hold off Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana, and Sindel while Cassie and Kung Jin went to rescue Johnny and stop Shinnok. Despite Raiden and Bo Rai Cho lost to the four revenants earlier. Overall everything made sense and Cassie defeating Shinnok is legit even if it was not well delivered

Yep and Special Forces are also known to go into different dimensions and fight demons and monsters, its not that hard to see our world and the MK Special Forces are different.

1. Its not that easy to teach a person "CENTURIES" of experience maybe Raiden can tell them some tips to better fight Shao Khan or Goro but sharing 1000 year old experiance is next to impossible. Also Johnny Cage beat Shinnok so its not that far into possibility that Johnny shared his experiance with Cassie and its pretty much shown that Cassie is a prodigy.

Yeah but not only Liu Kang beat Goro but he also beat Shao Khan who he wasn't prepared to fight

So how did Kung Lao BEAT both Quan Chi and Shang Tsung, is he a Mary Sue too.

How do you know Shao Khan is overconfident, overconfident people don't use cheap tricks to kill an opponent like when Shao Khan snaped Kung Lao's neck also going by your "Overconfident" example couldn't you make an argument that Shinnok was overconfident.

Umm all of the Kombat Kids came in prepared and had experience also Cassie beating Shinnok isn't an asspull because its been stated that she wasn't fighting to her full potential and had a power growing inside her.

Oh yeah because Liu Kang NEVER flirted with Kitana in MK9 or Kung Lao complaing he is being upstaged by Liu Kang

Well its a good thing Kung Jin has a "Bow and Arrow", its not like they were fighting bare handed in a tournament.

1. What difference does it make if she looks like a trained soldier
2. She ran away to fight in underground matches
3. I don't know how to tell you but there are some cases where people are just naturally talented for stuff and Cassie comes from a cult that bred warriors for the gods
4. Stop using the word "gimmick" if you actually see her fight you know she has MMA style moves, just because she has powers doesn't mean she doesn't use martial arts, by your own logic Liu Kang uses gimmicks because he shoots fireballs and has that bicycle kick.
giphy.gif

If we are going by experiences then Liu Kang and Kung Lao didn't have a lot, sure they trained a lot but its never been established they had their own adventures and was pretty much cooped in a temple, at least with Jacqui and Cassie you can say they seen some action.

Umm Jacqi did help remember.

Hey speaking Dragonball you must hate Gohan for fighting people with years of experiance despite being a child for most of Z, guess he's a Mary Sue too right

1. MK9 made it clear, that Earthrealm had no idea about any other realms or magical beings. So until that time, their forces, were just special forces. They can't be prepared for something, if they don't know it exists. By the time of MKX, yeah. They got 20 years of preparation... and... it is still Jax, Sonya and Johnny Cage. Who are severly limited by disease.

2. Liu Kang is based on Shaolin Monks (captain obvious moment here of course). They are known to use uncoventional methods to train. Shaolin Monks to this day are covered in spiritual mystery. Which leaves all the space for different methods to be used, to gain great strength at shortter period of time. Liu Kang doesn't need to have the wisdom of 1000 years. He needs speed, power and technique to fight a champion.

And oh yes. The Mr. Punching Bag of MK9 beat Shinnok. Not to mention that event happened pretty much right after MK9 (a year give or take). Last time I saw him in MK9, he got his ass beat by pretty much everyone. And now he beats Shinnok. Sure. And it was shown, that he had no chance to beat Shinnok, until he got ass pull green halo power.

And yeah... he gave tips to Cassie... "I don't know how it works" That's a tip.

Look you can try to sell me that bullshit all you want, there is no consistency as story is made up on a go. Johnny Cage had zero fookin build up, to even dream of beating Shinnok, if freakin Sindel threw him away like a ragdoll.

So... both of them don't make sense. Like at all.

2. I can explain you very easily why Liu Kang beat Shao Kahn.

Goro was his first challenge. To overcome the killer of his predecessor. He fought Goro, while being calm and focused.
When Shao Kahn killed Kung Lao, Liu Kang chanelled his grief and rage and used them as fuel. Which BTW goes according to the teachings of Buddhism and Shaolin (Experience from practicing Buddhism myself for few years). You don't supress emotions there, you learn to not only control them, but channel them. That's why Tobias vision worked so well. Liu Kang was perfect for the role of the defender. Perfect Champion. He embodies the knowledge and power of Shaolin teachings. It is the stuff, that you can find in real life. This is why he is so good. You can actually fookin RELATE to that.

And Shao Kahn made it clear, that he underestimated Liu Kang. Sucked for him.

3. Cause Kung Lao faced them both head on? They couldn't use any tricks on him? In Deadly Alliance, Shang and Quan Chi used deception to trick Liu Kang and injured him, so Shang Tsung could kill him. They didn't have any chance to do that shit on Kung Lao. Especially on an open field. Without Deception or some serious powerup, they can't fight for shit. They needed a fookin Soulnado (infinite power source) next to them, just to beat Raiden.

4. "Overconfident people don't use cheap tricks". Seriously I need that book or whatever you guys, have that allows you to generalize entire fookin population and tell what people do or do not. I really need it. That would make me into a God as I would know what ALL OF THE PEOPLE DO.

Overconfident people actually TEND to use cheap tricks, because they do not see reason as to why to take anyone SERIOUSLY. From his point of view he saw a brat, who got drunk on his victory and let his guard down while mocking him. So he came in and showed who is the boss. You can literally see how crowd reacts. They boo, Kung Lao, but once Shao Kahn kills him, their cheer him on, because he knows how to entertain people. They don't care about heroes, they want blood and Shao Kahn gave it to them, while at the same time, he showed to his people that Earthrealm champions are insects to him and not even worth his effort.

You judge gim him based on our society rules. We have people where they whine about "OH YOU'RE USING CHEAP TRICKS" "NO HONOR"

Outworld is a place that has established one rule many times. "Survival of the fittest". In nature there is no cheap moves, tricks or honor. And Shao Kahn embodies that. He hates rules. He wants to just charge and conquer things. Hence why he is always on the frontlines.

Like certain famous quote says. "Stand among the dead and ask them if honor matters. Silence will be your answer"

And then it comes to Shinnok. No. Because they did a very stupid setup. Liu Kang literally jumped on Shao Kahn, and they had a power struggle. That established that Liu Kang had physical strength needed to fight him. Cassie on other hand, punched and kicked Shinnok and... no effect. Ok. So basically she had nothing against him. Hence why people hate that green halo shit.

5. Prepared? Where Dude, just because you stop being an ass, that doesn't make you stronger. Like I said, power levels all over the place. Just because you have a shit teamwork, doesn't mean you suck as a fighter. MKX though tried to make you believe that oh, now they work as a team, so they suddenly became better fighters. Only for Kung Jin to be blasted away and Takeda/Jacqui "holding off" the power houses.

6. Here is the difference between MKX "romance" and MK9 romance. One was forced and served no purpose, except... to build ... a character or something? It had no purpose. Apart, just being there. MK9 felt natural, because it plays a major part in the story. Liu Kang acts like a light side for Kitana. A side she hasn't seen for a long time. Hence why it was shown, that she got confused. She spent most of her life (thousands of years) alongside egoistic asshole who doesn't know two shits about love. So when Liu Kang showed her affection, she was thrown into turmoil and that played a part in her turn over, as she began QUESITONING THINGS, which LED TO OTHER STORY DEVELOPMENTS. Raiden then fans the flames, because he senses that this love can bring Kitana to their side. And later on you see her hesitate when it comes to killing someone. That love brought character development and pushed THE FOOKIN STORY. It didn't just exist for the sake of existing.

And I say that as a guy who hates romance.

As for Kung Lao, that also made way more sense, than anything in MKX. Kung Lao in his desire to prove himself over Liu Kang recklessly jumped into the fight, which well... end up with him being killed. If you think about it, it was pretty tragic. Kung Lao was legit celebrating, because he felt that for once he got to shine over Liu Kang. He was playing with the crowd, because he was in Cloud 9. It was probably one of his happiest moments, and that turned into a tragedy. But at the same time, the story showed consequences. That are COMPLETELY ABSENT in MKX. Kung Jin causes a scene and pisses off Kotal Kahn. So what happens next? What will be the consequence of his actions? Will he pay the price for... nope. He just beat the Emperor. Ok.

7. So cause he had.. bow and arrow... that's why he won? That's what you're saying? Kotal Kahn has the power to call upon the very fookin Sun. His race is stronger in the sunlight. What a bow and arrow is gonna do to the guy, who spent hundreds of years in countless wars?

Oh no! Bow and Arrow! I bet it was his first time seeing that as well! Oh wait.. he fought colonists who were armed better, when he was with aztecs/mayans (forgot which ones). Again. No excuse. Kotal Kahn is supposed to be an Emperor of Outworld, not some random dude to be beaten, by "Bow and Arrow". You do realize, that Kung Jin, by the law of battle could have claimed Outworld? He literally beat Kotal Kahn and could have killed him.

8. Oh boy. You numbered these.

8.1 In games, appearance says a lot. Hell even in real life. But in video games it is even more important, because their appearance defines what kind of personaltiy they have. In real life, you can dress up classy, but can act like an animal. In games (especially fighting games), you can't do that, because character has to tell the story. And Cassie looks like a brat with rich background.
8.2 That happened ONCE, by ACCIDENT. They didn't plan on going to deathmatches. Cassie and Jacqui wanted to just fight in safe controlled arena, that didn't have authorities. And even then only managed to win, by using a lazy "smoking gun" tactic (writer, not Cassie)
8.3 Oh this bullshit.

Sigh...

You know, it is funny. I tend to hear people give me shit about being too serious about lore and certain video games (even though that is just pure passion), but it seems I am one of the few people, that actually can tell the difference between reality and fiction.

TALENTS. DON'T. WORK. LIKE. THAT. Enough. It is Hollywood and fantasy writers that made up that bullshit that talent, makes you into a Tony Stark. Talent is a tiny booster, not a super saiyajin power up. It makes you a bit faster than others, but it doesn't carry you to some insane heights and make you skip 10 fookin years of PHYSICAL TRAINING. And people without talent can actually catch up pretty easily.

Talent doesn't put everything on easy mode. It just allows you to understand things a bit faster, because your mind is more open and absorbs the information faster. That's all. And you can even simulate that thing. You don't even need to have a talent, to learn on how to LEARN in that way.

I called Liu Kang a prodigy, because he was shown as a man, who focused on his training. Kung Lao, fell behind, not because he was worse, but because instead on focusing on himself, he started focusing on the shadow Liu Kang casted in front of him.

Cassie, genius or not, that doesn't make up for insane power up she got. Talent/Gifts are just a lazy ass pull explanation, that doesn't make any sense to anyone, that knows how talent actually fookin works.

8.4 I am not gonna stop. Cause it is a gimmick. And yes. Liu Kang also uses gimmicks. You know why? Cause Mortal Kombat is A PARODY ABOUT MARTIAL ARTS. It's how it started. John Tobias was the guy that put all of the martial arts theme into the game. Cassie uses couple of flashy moves. That's all. She uses just enough for you, to identify that. "Oh hey she is using MMA." And even then it sucks, cause animations suck most of the time. And I can't call that martial arts. Ask any kickboxer, if Jacqui looks like a Kickboxer. He will tell you, the same thing as i do. Yeah. She uses moves similar to Kickboxing, but they look more like gimmicks, than actual moves. I mean, shit. Jacqui is already a comedy gold among my friends, once I showed them that "kick" of hers. Entire body freezes and only one leg moves.

9. They had God of Thunder and Bo Rai Cho training them. I don't think their training was that of conventional temple runs. If an actual Shaolin gets his bones fractured to become stronger everyday, then I don't wanna imagine, through what kind of training Liu Kang and Kung Lao went.

Once again, Tobias vision was that of ancient ways, spritual training, chakras and all of that stuff.

10. Yeah. Injured Jacqui... helped. Thanks to bullshit writing. Which literally just told me, that if Jacqui wasn't injured, she would be mopping the floor with Sindel and Kitana no problem. But Blimey! She got injured and she couldn't unleash her power.

It is just stupid. She should have been killed in that situation. Not put up a fight.

11. Hate? Why should i hate? I can dislike something. But in this case... Gohan had an actual build up? Like literally we had multiple ARCS which pointed at Gohan having internal strength (from the start of the series too). That stuff was built slowly and STEADILY. Not OUT OF NOWHERE. And for the record. He was a well written character. When he turned SSJ2, it didn't feel lazy. It felt awesome, cause there was a long build up to that point. SSJ2 was a payoff, not an ass pull.

Johnny Cage got his powers out of nowhere. He was being beaten blue in MK9, and now HE IS THE CHAMPION THAT FIGHTS ELDER GODS. Sure. Let me just take this nasty thing called "consistency and common sense" and throw it away. There was no build up to that. He just got it cause... sonya was in danger? Ok.

So yeah. Gohan was anything but Mary Sue. That was a bad example. Gohan's road to becoming SSJ2 was filled with challenges and failures. He literally had to watch his friend's head get crushed, to get the final piece. He had to SACRIFICE something.

Did Johnny Cage had to sacrifice something for that power? No. Did Cassie? No. Hence. The Mary Sue.

Last edited:
Do you have the green halo that both Cassandra and Jonathan Cage poses? Do you have decades of experience battling against supernatural being? The answer to both of the questions is NO! I find it absolutely hilarious that there are people who still question Cassie, Jacqueline, and the rest of the "Kombat Kids" credentials. Cassie and her father literally posses the power within them to fight and kill Gods but people are still calling bs? If you don't agree with MK's mythology that's fine but let's stop trying to demean Cassie and even Jacqui's capabilities because some of you don't care for them. Yes while did think it was odd that Jacqui and Takeda after being damaged by Kitana was able to hold off Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana, and Sindel while Cassie and Kung Jin went to rescue Johnny and stop Shinnok. Despite Raiden and Bo Rai Cho lost to the four revenants earlier. Overall everything made sense and Cassie defeating Shinnok is legit even if it was not well delivered

You mean ass pull power, that came out of nowhere? Yeah. Well written characters don't have that. People shit on Cassie and Johnny not because that they won, but how they won.

There are no mythologies. Ed Boon literally confirmed in the last interview that they make up that shit on a go. That Green Halo? It is an offical ASS PULL POWER.

"Do you have decades of experience battling against supernatural being?"

Both have experience, but not "decades". In Chapter one it is clearly stated that Cassie spent her time fighting in human territories and conflicts, not other realms. Johnny Cage fought other realm creatures during both wars, which definitely didn't take years.

Raiden lost, cause he was out of power. Did you forget? He came back tired from fixing Earthrealm defenses. He didn't have time to recharge. And Bo Rai Cho was beaten by the freaking Shinnok. Not just revenants.

And no her win is not legit. Because it is stupid and doesn't make sense. You know why? Because Cassie wasn't just fighting a God. She was fighting a God, that was STRENGTHENED by Jinsei. EARTH'S LIFE FORCE.

So let's break it down. Cassie has the power from people, who were bred to fight Gods.

Johnny Cage, couldn't beat Shinnok in his original form. So he got a power up. That gave Johnny Cage a fighting chance and equalized them both. But now Cassie comes in, and faces Shinnok who is even MORE powerful than he was as a normal God. He is literally on steroids. She gets a power up, which should only allow her to match his GOD FORM. Not CORRUPTED ONE. But for some reason she just SKIPS that step. So yeah. Cassie soloing Shinnok is bullshit.

You mean ass pull power, that came out of nowhere? Yeah. Well written characters don't have that. People shit on Cassie and Johnny not because that they won, but how they won.

There are no mythologies. Ed Boon literally confirmed in the last interview that they make up that shit on a go. That Green Halo? It is an offical ASS PULL POWER.

Both have experience, but not "decades". In Chapter one it is clearly stated that Cassie spent her time fighting in human territories and conflicts, not other realms. Johnny Cage fought other realm creatures during both wars, which definitely didn't take years.

Raiden lost, cause he was out of power. Did you forget? He came back tired from fixing Earthrealm defenses. He didn't have time to recharge. And Bo Rai Cho was beaten by the freaking Shinnok. Not just revenants.

And no her win is not legit. Because it is stupid and doesn't make sense. You know why? Because Cassie wasn't just fighting a God. She was fighting a God, that was STRENGTHENED by Jinsei. EARTH'S LIFE FORCE.

So let's break it down. Cassie has the power from people, who were bred to fight Gods.

Johnny Cage, couldn't beat Shinnok in his original form. So he got a power up. That gave Johnny Cage a fighting chance and equalized them both. But now Cassie comes in, and faces Shinnok who is even MORE powerful than he was as a normal God. He is literally on steroids. She gets a power up, which should only allow her to match his GOD FORM. Not CORRUPTED ONE. But for some reason she just SKIPS that step. So yeah. Cassie soloing Shinnok is bullshit.

I'm getting on board of the discussion by the middle, so I'm not choosing sides, I just found out this commentary nice of an observation:

That's why I think Liu Kang coming back as chosen one will make things right.

As I said before, even though I liked the new take on the story, it was on Liu Kang's sacrifice. They had to destroy the greatest champion to do so, and that wasn't even close to his zombie version.

I still think Cassie could have won the fight against Shinnok because of her plot armor, but not defeating him. I think an effort between more iconic characters and the kombat kids would have been way better. Then Raiden would do the ultimate sacrifice. And you said perfectly, he was tired, exhausted, he was mere minutes in the Jinsei, bullied by the revenants (lol he fought Liu Kang and Kung Lao in a row), he was the only one capable of doing so (if he ever could).

But I've been noticing small ways they are reducing that. They already reduced a bit Johnny's win during one of MK11's intros where Raiden states that the Amulet is what beats Shinnok, and Cage mentions he at the least has made that easier. His win during Netherrealm War was waaaaaaaaaay more acceptable, because he has beaten Shinnok, he got up, and it was actually Raiden who defeated him. I wonder if Cassie's win won't be seen another way, or who knows if not rewritten? I mean, they did that with Taven.

Cassie's win would be a lot more respectful if she had stunned him and then the major heroes (and the new ones) stepped to beat him. That's the main reason why a skilled master of kombat like Liu Kang is reasonable, he defeated warlords, sorcerers, shokans and Elder Gods, we all know who he is, I think the whole point of MK11 is to set things right.

You are actually using real world logic in a videogame, wow.

I'm not surprised that Mileena is not in the game. Mileena not in MK11 was not like how Jade was not in MK11. If she is not DLC, she will probably be saved for MK12.

I'm not surprised that Mileena is not in the game. Mileena not in MK11 was not like how Jade was not in MK11. If she is not DLC, she will probably be saved for MK12.

Probably won't be in. Once again Kitana "pay respects" to another female assassin.

That's a lot more than Mileena fans could have expected.

She was also killed off in the story mode. I'm not sure how they would have handled her in the story for MK11 unless they made her into a revenant.

As if Mortal Kombat is the only type of franchise that pull bs powers out of nowhere to defeat an insanely powerful enemy. Not saying folks gotta like how it was written but that's the damn reality. It happens often in anime/mangas where the protagonist will out of the blue will either gained an ability on the fly or have power hidden within them to defeat the big bad. I'm not arguing that the delivery of how Johnny and Cassie defeated Shinnok, but the reality that they did defeat him. Also The Green Halo while existing in the old timeline was fully established in the current timeline especially in Johnny's MK9 ending. Therefore it's not an ass pull but something the creators have given to Johnny and please lets not use the Sindel situation as an excuse. That entire scene made ZERO sense and it angers me to this day, but since it's within the story I accept it. Regardless of how powerful Shinnok was in MKX especially when he fought Cassie. The story was written for Cassie to win since she had the power to do so