Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

One thing I love are the subtle Onaga references.

- While Shao Kahn's new designed seemed only to be exactly that - a new design -, specially because if you have played story mode you might have noticed the idea that he's been like that a long time, Raiden says to Kitana in one of their intros that he "wields Onaga's power". That might be a vert subtle retcon about Shao Kahn's powers;

- This might be just a what if for sure, but Kung Lao mentions Damashi, and Raiden comes out saying it's Onaga, the deceiver;

- One of the most interesting is that Cetrion says that Liu Kang has Onaga's fire. He denies it, saying he's not related to the Dragon King, but the ominous part is that Cetrion doubts the mortal's knowledge. Maybe Liu Kang has a genealogy we wouldn't expect?

Just a spoiler comment:

Spoiler:
Now that Liu Kang (and possibly Kitana) are the Keepers of Time, they can shape destinies, but they made sure they won't make anything crazy. Still, things and people will still exist, cause creation is something of the One Being - now officially known as the god before the gods, just like MKX Comics have made. Funny thing is: I believe that won't make regular Liu Kang and Kitana cease to exist. I think we have the possibility of having a god and regular Liu Kang in MK12. The question is: if Kronika is a titan, therefore not created by the One Being, Shinnok and Cetrion might be dead forever :(. Well, Kronika's New Era had to be stopped exactly to avoid Shinnok's return. Will he? Question remains.

I bet we will get two guests with each pack. I did my own take on what the final roster could look like by 2020.

4ck19ah0y2v21.png

Netherream has included a total of 4 guests for their last two games. It's safe to assume they will continue that trend for MK11, regardless of the number of DLC characters.

Not that Guyver Spawn's mockup doesn't make me cream my pants.

Netherream has included a total of 4 guests for their last two games. It's safe to assume they will continue that trend for MK11, regardless of the number of DLC characters.

But the total amount of DLC characters was much much lower. MKX had 4 guests out of 8, Injustice 2 had 4 out of 9. If MK11 does indeed end up having 18 DLC characters (twice as much as MKX) I doubt they'd keep the guest number at just 4. I'd say the most likely scenario is 2 guests and 4 MK characters in each pack (again, this is assuming the "3 packs of 6 characters each" thing is true, which I'm not certain of).
I'd rather have no guests at all though.

- While Shao Kahn's new designed seemed only to be exactly that - a new design -, specially because if you have played story mode you might have noticed the idea that he's been like that a long time, Raiden says to Kitana in one of their intros that he "wields Onaga's power". That might be a vert subtle retcon about Shao Kahn's powers;

- This might be just a what if for sure, but Kung Lao mentions Damashi, and Raiden comes out saying it's Onaga, the deceiver;

- One of the most interesting is that Cetrion says that Liu Kang has Onaga's fire. He denies it, saying he's not related to the Dragon King, but the ominous part is that Cetrion doubts the mortal's knowledge. Maybe Liu Kang has a genealogy we wouldn't expect?

Just a spoiler comment:

Spoiler:
Now that Liu Kang (and possibly Kitana) are the Keepers of Time, they can shape destinies, but they made sure they won't make anything crazy. Still, things and people will still exist, cause creation is something of the One Being - now officially known as the god before the gods, just like MKX Comics have made. Funny thing is: I believe that won't make regular Liu Kang and Kitana cease to exist. I think we have the possibility of having a god and regular Liu Kang in MK12. The question is: if Kronika is a titan, therefore not created by the One Being, Shinnok and Cetrion might be dead forever :(. Well, Kronika's New Era had to be stopped exactly to avoid Shinnok's return. Will he? Question remains.

Spoiler:
If killing either Young Johnny or Young Sonya automatically kills Cassie on the account of a biological parent dying before she was even conceived, as Raiden clearly pointed out as he warned her to "proceed with caution" with regards to rescuing them, then Shinnok is most definitely screwed forever.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Just a spoiler comment:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Regarding having two Liu Kangs and Kitanas existing within the same universe be somewhat confusing or deemed unnecessary? Perhaps the two of them will simply be like Raiden, Shinnok, and Cetrion in regards of being Gods but also playable? Unless they manage to pull a Liu Kang and Kitana from an alternate universe. I also wonder with their knowledge would Liu Kang and Kitana smite Shao Kahn before his take over of Outworld?

Spoiler:
If killing either Young Johnny or Young Sonya automatically kills Cassie on the account of a biological parent dying before she was even conceived, as Raiden clearly pointed out as he warned her to "proceed with caution" with regards to rescuing them, then Shinnok is most definitely screwed forever.

Spoiler:
I unfortunately agree on this. But I don't say this because of his mother's fate, but because she isn't One Being creation (as far as we know), so she might not come back.

Spoiler:
Regarding having two Liu Kangs and Kitanas existing within the same universe be somewhat confusing or deemed unnecessary? Perhaps the two of them will simply be like Raiden, Shinnok, and Cetrion in regards of being Gods but also playable? Unless they manage to pull a Liu Kang and Kitana from an alternate universe. I also wonder with their knowledge would Liu Kang and Kitana smite Shao Kahn before his take over of Outworld?

Spoiler:
But it would be somewhat logical. You see, Liu Kang and Kitana do not exist outside the One Being, right? And the Keeper of Time, either Kronika or Liu Kang, do not control it. Kronika needed much power to destroy Raiden, and it was basically inevitable for him to exist. This Liu Kang and Kitana come from another timeline and they will manage another. This new timeline will very likely produce everything again, they will just shape destiny. So Liu Kang being born again, just like Kitana, seems something that could happen. It would be a huge WTF for the new Liu Kang lol.

Sorry for double posting but this must be very highlighted:

GLITCH TO NOT WASTE 27H+ ON HEADS ON A PIKE (WARRIOR SHRINE)

I would do it now, before Kronika patches it. I did actually.

Sorry for double posting but this must be very highlighted:

GLITCH TO NOT WASTE 27H+ ON HEADS ON A PIKE (WARRIOR SHRINE)

I would do it now, before Kronika patches it. I did actually.
That reminds me of the Mobile Unlock glitch from MKX. I was forced to use that because the mobile app was delayed by a whole month on Android.

That reminds me of the Mobile Unlock glitch from MKX. I was forced to use that because the mobile app was delayed by a whole month on Android.

The gods of grinding are sad with us, but they made a very crappy deal for us to get there. We got there, that's what matters lol

I got Cetrion's head grinding, no glitch. Seriously, I was totally ok not opening that door. This was absolutely an idea from someone whose heart was konsumed by evil.

I'm the only one who does not care Mileena didn't come back in MK11. She had a big role in the last game and it is nice that characters from MK9 like Noob, Baraka and Kabal came back instead. She will probably come back in MK12 similar how Jade skip out in MKX and came back in MK11.

I'm the only one who does not care Mileena didn't come back in MK11. She had a big role in the last game and it is nice that characters from MK9 like Noob, Baraka and Kabal came back instead. She will probably come back in MK12 similar how Jade skip out in MKX and came back in MK11.

I'm glad that slut is not in this game! I hope she sits out AGAIN in MK12!

The gods of grinding are sad with us, but they made a very crappy deal for us to get there. We got there, that's what matters lol

I got Cetrion's head grinding, no glitch. Seriously, I was totally ok not opening that door. This was absolutely an idea from someone whose heart was konsumed by evil.

Word on the street is that players who do this risk getting banned by WB.

Had they done this with the Mobile Unlock glitch, there would have been a Class Action lawsuit from Android users because, as mentioned previously, the MKX Mobile app was unavailable for Android for a full month, despite the fact that it was advertised as being "available now for iOS AND Android" even on television, while WB was Radio Silent about the issue the entire time.

- Pretty sure that we are going to have 3 timelines and I will be pissed if Takeda's slot is taken up by Joker. I've lost all faith in Taven making a comeback.

- Also, Meat is most likely original timeline Kotal.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I bet we will get two guests with each pack. I did my own take on what the final roster could look like by 2020.

4ck19ah0y2v21.png

I don't see Ketchup, Mustard or Reptile returning for MK11 as DLC, maaaaaybe Reptile, but the other 2 were already in via Triborg in MKX.
I'd love it if Sareena, Havik and especially Fujin made it via DLC, but I stopped holding my breath for any of those to show up a LONG time ago.

You are not alone in that.
I'm also happy that Mileena and Reptile didn't come back for MK11, and that other characters like the Kollector and Geras get to shine for MK11, as well as Jacqui, Kotal, Cassie, D'Vorah and Erron Black getting a 2nd chance.

- Pretty sure that we are going to have 3 timelines and I will be pissed if Takeda's slot is taken up by Joker. I've lost all faith in Taven making a comeback.

- Also, Meat is most likely original timeline Kotal.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

It's scary how very likely Meat and Kotal are one of the same

Kittelsen revealed who the woman from Jade's MK9 ending is
go8kkff4ntv21.jpg

Kinda anticlimatic that it was just her mom after years of speculation lol