I just bought MK vs. DCU!

extrickster

Hello TRMK,

Since I am a new member and I will need to introduce myself. My name is Ryan K. Clark, I am a twenty year old programmer who is attending Fullsail University. My interest are art, animation, computers, football, traveling, and video games.

I have been a Mortal Kombat fan since the very first game. I went to GameStop yesterday to preorder Mortal Kombat (2011) because it looks so awesome. (duh, do I need a 'because'?) :cool:

I could not wait no five days to pick it up so I had to have something to wet my appetite. I went to BestBuy, tried to get all of the negativity out of my mind about MK vs. DCU I heard since its release, and purchased it. When I opened it, popped it into my 360, and started playing... it was a really good experience. In reality I do not care that they took the gore from it. Gore doesn't make a game but I guess everyone has different opinions...

Anyway I thought it was awesome, if you liked it bump this post. I highly recommend MK vs. DCU!

Good to know, because I did the same thing in anticipation for the new MK...although I shortly gave it away. Maybe I'll give it a shot!

Welkome to TRMK :)

MK vs DCU is a very fun game to play despite the amount of flak it received. Sure the fatalities/heroic brutalities sucked, it wasn't highly competitive, or anywhere near as good as the older MK games, but I feel it was a step in the right direction when it came to gameplay (minus the 3D movement aspect). I've been a long-time fan of MK too, so I had to have it. It is a fun experience indeed! Which character(s) do you like to use so far?

Haha, and I do just the same as you when I need to cater my fiendish appetite for MK9, I put in this game. 4 more days and counting! :-D

Actually its very nice to see that I was not the only one who did this. I got mine for Xmas cuz there was still 4 long months of waiting ahead so I said "what the hell". MKvsDC it's a fun game but that's it. Im not a fan of comics and stuff but I found the plot of the story very entertaining and amusing and for a fighting game (not entire MK) it's ok. Damn you Flash! XD Most of lucky you will end your wait soon enough, as I live in Guatemala, I don't know when the game will be available in my local game shops.

cheers!!!

MK vs. DCU is a great game. Characters that are easy to get into are Captain Marvel, Lex Luthor, Sub-Zero, and Jax. If you're looking for a challenge, go with either Wonder Woman, The Joker, or Batman. Have fun with the game!

Agree with the posts above, MKvsDCU, even though it's not nearly as good as the old MKs, was a step in the right direction, it's gameplay is not competitive, but it's certainly better than the previous 3 games. It should keep you busy for 4 days.

I like the game, Despite the lack of gore and actual good fatalities, The gameplay and graphics were amazing, And the choice to do away with fighting styles was great. Sub-Zero and Scorpion have the best combos because its easy to incorporate them with there special moves.

mk vs dcu is a fun game imo. i admit that most of the heroic brutalities couldve been way better, but there are some wich suprisingly seemed painfull ( green lanterns orb and ball buster).. i loved the gameplay becaus eit felt more fluid to me. im just glad it didnt change to much because i hated the weapons in deadly alliance

I read the title of the thread and my immediate thought was 'I feel sorry for you'.

I really liked the game. But then again I seem to be one of the few who like DC more than Marvel so I had no issue with the combination. It also added to the anticipation of this new MK and allowed them to get a feel for this generations technology before releasing this true definitive MK game. Not that it matters for me. Us Australians are only mature enough to be able to play MK vs DC afterall. I'll be fighting Superman for the foreseeable future :S

Yeah, MK Vs. DCU was a step in the right direction. I enjoyed the 2D feel of it and the scripted storyline they incorporated into it. It kept me busy for about four days. The new Mortal Kombat is absolutely awesome! I picked it up the day it came out and I have not put it down. I think it is the best MK ever! :)