Batman: Arkham City

batman_arkhamcity_robins1.jpg
My Opinion On Robin

Since this is "Tim Drake as Robin" the Batman: Animated Series skin doesn't make sense. But it still looks bad ass my only gripe is. If they are gonna use the Batman:TAS Robin which is Dick Grayson they better ****in include a NightWing skin. It would be pretty shitty if they didn't.
But as far as "Rocksteady's" design goes I dig it. But wish they would've went for a different hair style.

My Opinion On DeadShot
He looks to play the same role as he does in the comics. Assasin for hire and "RockSteady" has said he is in "Arkham City" to take someone high profile out. Who though is a mystery. As far as his design is concerned if they weren't going to use his original comic design. Then I wish they would've gave him a look more similar to his appearance in the Batman: Gotham Knight anime. "RockSteady" has explained his design and that he looks the way he does because he was disguised upon his entrance into "Arkham City". But still not crazy about it, but it's okay.

My Opinion On The Skins

Hope they do skins for "CatWoman" as well. Which I'm sure they're going to.
As far as "BatMan's" skins go I love the "Jim Lee and Frank Miller" designs. But really wish they would include his "Detective Comics #27" look.
And "Robin" should get a "NightWing" skin. And his first appearance as well.
With that said hopefully "CatWoman" will get her first appearance look as a skin and her Batman:TAS look. I'd also like to see her BatMan Returns look.

Actually, I agree with you on most of your points.

Tim Drake Robin with TAS version, as you said, is Dick Grayson, which is odd but could point to an appearance by Nightwing, especially considering there was an action figure prototype for Nightwing very early in development, however, he may have been cut, so who knows.

Batman:TAS look for Dick was actually based off of Tim Drake's costume(except for the non-italicized "R"), but I don't think they are going to call that version Tim. They could support calling Tima as it was originally his design, but it would be really dumb as most people know that Robin is Dick Grayson, not Tim Drake. Batman:AC Robin is pretty cool, but I agree that his hair is really boring. Luckily, he has a hood(which I really liked) so we don't have to look at his bad hair, but still.

With the Dick Grayson costume should also come a Nightwing costume(hopefully not his first appearance one as I thought that one was bad), but I don't know. Nightwing would be really cool, but we already have so many preorder bonuses. Maybe an unlockable costume?

Deadshot's design, while it makes sense, is not one of Rocksteady's more flamboiant redesigns. Bane and Scarecrow were awesome, but Deadshot's is really just boring. His dual wrists are cool, but it's just basically an orange jumpsuit with guns and his helmet. Mr. Freeze certainly got more attention on the redesign in this game.

I agree completely with the Catwoman skins as well. However, I don't think they(Rocksteady) will make them because of how rarely she is playable. So far, Rocksteady said Catwoman will be available for play at certain limited points in the game, so a skin for her won't be viewable often. Except, if they make Catwoman fully playable after the game is beaten(similar to how Venom was playable freely at the epilogue of Ultimate Spiderman: The Game), then the costumes will make much more sense. Costumes for her would be great though, especially the ones you described.

I feel content with the amount of Batman skins at the moment, but if they make more, they should be unlockable in the game instead of pre-order bonuses. So, say, the Lee, Miller and a movie skin(Burton or Nolan design; either is cool or even both) would be unlockable through in game progress.
I'm all for more skins, but I think any further ones should be unlockable in-game as we have a lot of preorder skins already.

Just to announce this, Gamestop in the US is now offereing two pre-order DLC bonuses. The first, which applies to everyone when they preorder Batman:Arkham City, is the Joker Carnival Challenge map. The second, which is more exclusive, is the Batman:TAS costume which is available to those who pre-order AND who are Powerup Rewards Members.

Personally, I was thrilled by this because TAS Batman was iconic for me, and since most of the voice talents in AC are from TAS, it adds even more nostalgia. I knew that membership would come in handy eventually.

By the way, if you shop at Gamestop often, the Powerup Rewards is free and all you have to do is create the account. There are bonuses for buying stuff, which is tallied by points, but I use it mostly to preorder games as all you have to do is give them your card or account and that's it, so you don't have to give your name, address, phone number, etc. Just the card.

Not that I'm trying to be a Gamestop ad, but if you shop there often, it is worth it and it's free, not to mention you have the opportunity to get the Batman:TAS skin in the US for preordering. I believe Best Buy's deal is still better(Robin+2 challenge maps+ Robin skins(I believe)), but if you like Batman more than the Robin deal, Gamestop is a viable option.

Can't wait for release!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ kylerandom199 what if we want both, i want all the batman skins but i also want the robin with the hood it looks sick.

Last edited:
what if we want both, i want all the batman skins but i also want the robin with the hood it looks sick.

To my knowledge, all of the pre-order DLC will be released around a month after release. Which means, the Batman skins will likely be one pack, the challenge maps(Joker, Best-Buy maps) will likely be the second pack and the Robin character and costumes will probably be the third.

So, if I were you, I would get the Robin skin and maps first as that is the better deal and then get the Batman costumes when they release on PSN/XBL. PC release has been delayed to November, by the way, so if you are on PC you have to wait another month for the actual game to release, unfortunately.

Again, Rocksteady said they would release the pre-order content as DLC after launch, so as long as you have access to PSN/XBL, you can get all of them.

P.S. I really liked the hooded Robin design as well; looks a lot better than only the shaved hair-do(looks like your generic main character nowadays with that hairstyle).

Dont know If I'm gonna get this game. I'm gonna wait for more news and details. If it's too much like the first ,then I aint playing it. First game was repetitive and too cramped and everything looked the same. But since the new game takes place in the City, then I'm assuming it will more free roaming. Like a Batman game should be

Your skepticality is understandable. However, there are plenty of changes. The most noticeable is the free-roam(confirmed) of Arkham City, which is a portion of Gotham.

This brings a lot of change for the game; instead of always being confined and having enemies and challenges delivered for you, you will have to go find them. You will truly be the hunter, searching for his prey throughout the maze known as Gotham. There are also new interrogation moves, which as one would assume, allows you to interrogate goons, which is something the first lacked. The detective vision is more of an enhenced reality than a dumbed down reality like it was in the last game. Now, it's more like a slight holographic overlay over the environment while highlighting objectives and providing x-rays for enemies. Not to mention we now have Cateoman to switch up combat some more.

This game is changing a considerable amount of content and adding more features. If you didn't love the first, I would probably wait until after release to buy this game that way you also have reviews behind it(if that's the problem), so that way you'll know it's a good investment.

My one remorse for this game is that it's Mark Hamill's last protrayal of the Joker. He said that months ago, by the way, and he was the best Joker in my mind. Here's the new Joker trailer(click on the link and it should be the first thing on the page):

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/09/22/batman-arkham-city-exclusive-trailer-secrets-of-the-joker/

On a side note, the new Harley Quinn voice sounds very similar to the original one, all the way down to the accent. I'm impressed by her, although her voice is slightly higher pitch, which is noticeable, but she sounds great.

It actually isn't Mark Hamill's last time voicing The Joker, he just said he doesn't think he'd be able to top AA. I can't find where he said it, all I know is that he tweeted it...

No retailer has offered the Batman Beyond costume... yet. Again, as shown by TAS costume, retailers can still add costumes, but who knows. Anything is possible. No confirmation yet though. Again, all the preorder content will be released as DLC later on, so don't worry about it.

Initially, he said it would be his final role as Joker, and that it would be his last hurrah. That was back in March. However, in June, Hamill said it would not be his final role and that it would be difficult to top AA. I found a recent post of it elsewhere, but it was on twitter initially.

Anyway, apparently Mark isn't retiring the Joker and what I heard was some sort of rumor. Regardless, he will continue to play the Joker.

I'm diggin' the new tweaks on the Detective Mode. Now when you get hit while in Detective Mode, it'll short out and stop working for a bit, so you can't stay in Detective Mode all the time like in AA. Should make for a much more fun and challenging game.

Also, Bats has some badass new gadgets, I think one is called the REC...

The new Game Plus mode is win, as well. :)

What's the story for this one?
Here is the story known so far in brief.

The story of Arkham City takes place approximately one year after the events of Arkham Asylum. Quincy Sharp, former warden of Arkham Asylum has taken credit for stopping the Joker and used the notoriety to become mayor of Gotham city.

As neither Arkham nor Blackgate prison are in any condition to detain inmates, Sharp buys out a large section of Gotham's slums and arms the perimeter with private military contractors from a group called Tyger to create 'Arkham City'. The prisoners brought to Arkham City are given a free rein as long as they do not attempt to escape. To oversee the city, Sharp hires psychiatrist, Hugo Strange who appears to have his own secret agenda for the city. Batman maintains a vigil on the city , worried that the situation may get out of hand.

Story from demo.
The events of the game are set in motion when Two Face, seeking to gain notoriety among the inmates and other villains outside the city, devises a plan to publicly execute Catwomen.

i hope you can use the new batman skins in the story mode, or at least in game plus. It would be fantastic if when using the Batman Beyond skin, and you glide, the wings unfurl and when you dive, the jet boots activate, so on and so forth.

New Joker trailer.

Also I remember seeing this video a while back which shows Batman and Joker teaming up and fighting henchmen. Does this mean there will be a co op type endurance mode? I think I may have missed clarifications in this regard.

New Joker trailer.

Also I remember seeing this video a while back which shows Batman and Joker teaming up and fighting henchmen. Does this mean there will be a co op type endurance mode? I think I may have missed clarifications in this regard.

That batman & joker one was amazing!