I made the Perfect actors for Mortal Kombat Film (2013) need feedback!

Mysticstrider

Hi guys,

I'm kind of new to this forum, 'cause I've been using the forums to view people's messages and opinions, but now I finally have one, so nice to meet you all. :)

Anyway, I'm starting this thread because I already made the list of actors that might potentially be in the next Mortal Kombat Film. And honestly, I think I really found the accurate characters! I've done some research and got a hold of Kevin Tancharoen via twitter and some of actors and actresses on twitter as well, and I've got some retweets and a lot of them agree and appreciate my list.

But I hope you all agree with me in this list, and please help me out in any Mortal Kombat forums spread the word about this! I think Kevin acknowledged my list though, since I'm on the top twitter list for actor suggestions.

Keep in mind that the actors and actresses that I listed have a lot of Martial Arts or some Martial Arts background, and are multi-lingual that know English pretty well which is needed. So I'm just posting the names here and I've made a list of actors and actresses in on IMDB and the Photoshop collage on comicbookmovie.

Anyway here's the 2 links to my fancast list of actors and actresses:

Photoshop Montage/Collage list: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Hybridfury/news/?a=49164

and Imdb list:http://www.imdb.com/list/Q1NnSN_lowg/

But I'll list the names here as well, and I have almost all the characters in the Main Mortal Kombat game which is going to be a reboot in the film, so not all the newer ones after MK4 are going to appear.

Liu Kang: Shin Koyamada
Kung Lao: Mike Moh
Young Bro Sub-zero/unmasked: Rain or Lee Byung Hun
Elder Sub-Zero/Noob Saibot/Bi-Han: Kevan Ohtsji
Scorpion: Ian Anthony Dale(Scott Adkins as the Stunt Double)
Rain: Larry Lam
Ermac: Kane Kosugi
Smoke: Gary Daniels
Reptile: Ray Park (I really want him to play Reptile)
Baraka: Scott Adkins(He can also be the stunt double for Scorpion)
Raiden: Thomas Jane, Ken Watanabe, Mark Dacascos I think Mark is the best Raiden
Sonya Blade: Katheryn Winnick (The best Sonya Blade with Martial arts background)
Johnny Cage: Matt Mullins
Jax Brigs: Michael Jai White
Nightwolf: Jason Momoa (I think he’s the perfect Nightwolf.)
Stryker: Tahmoh Penikett, Mark Wahlberg, John Cena(I think Tahmoh Penikett from Legacy will be suffice, he is that former FBI from Battlestar Galactica and his personality matches Stryker)
Kabal: Channing Tatum
Kano: Jason Statham, Darren Shahlavi (I think Jason Statham looks better)
Shang Tsung: Johnson Phan, Hiroyuki Sanada, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (Hard to choose)
Shao Kahn: Dave Batista, Vin Diesel (Hard to say, maybe Vin Diesel)
Sindel: Jeri Ryan or Angelina Jolie (I think Jeri Ryan again, Angelina Jolie would be hard to get, plus Jeri Ryan is Seven of Nine makes her look like Sindel(pic in comic book movie))
Kitana: Celina Jade(Daughter of merican Kung Fu star, Roy Horan. IMO She's the best)
Jade: Maggie Q Bing Bing Li (I say Maggie Q, she was Mai in King of Fighters and Priestess from Priest.)
Mileena: Zara Phythian (She looks a lot like Danni Levy model that casted for MK cosplay and she’s English too)
Goro: Nathan Jones
Motaro: Dwayne Johnson (He played Scorpion King and was scary in The Mummy: Returns)
Cyrax: Shane Warren Jones
Sektor: Peter Shinkoda
Quan Chi: Andy On (He was in True Legend and looks like Quan Chi)
Reiko: Karl Urban
Fujin: Don Tai
Kai: Brad James
Shujinko: Roger Yuan (Not until a later MK)

And like I posted, I’m still missing who should play Sheeva, Shinnok, Reiko, Jarek, Tanya, and Kenshi(Not until a later MK)

Last edited:
While I do agree with all of your list.. I honestly hope that there isn't that many characters in the movie. Because that's kinda what ruined MK:Annihilation. But yeah, your list is really good. I agree with all of it. Some of the higher paid actors(Jolie, Wahlberg).. I dunno. I mean, they match really well, but I don't think WB them the budget for them. Not only that, I don't think they'd wanna risk there reps on a game-based movie.

btw : Jason Momoa would be PERFECT as Nightwolf. Same with Jason Statham as Kano. I've always kinda thought Statham looked like Kano

This is an overall good list, great job! However there are a few which I disagree with and don't think they aptly fit the role. These are

Scott Adkins as Baraka - I think he better fits the role of one of the ninja than baraka.

Vin Diesel as Shao Kahn - Although Vin Diesel has got an amazing physique, I don't think he is tall or buff enough to take the role of Shao Kahn. Batista fits the role better.

Andy On as Quan Chi - Im guessing you chose him because he had pale skin and was bald in true legend. :p
I however don't think he is the best choice for playing quan chi.

Plus i would like the guys playing Liu Kang and Kung Lao a little more muscular. I also think Vincent Zhao could be a great kung lao and the guy who plays Pai Mei in kill bill would be the best Shujinko :laugh:.

Sonya Blade:

Liu Kang:

Mileena:

^^ Imagine both Sonya and Mileena(Katheryn Winnick and Zara Phythian fighting each other!! They're both great martial artists in black belt! WOW!)
Also, Zara Phythian was wearing some pink/magenta color in her martial arts reel and she looks a lot like Mileena. Imagine seeing her kicking butt in the movie. I absolutely think she's the perfect actress to play as Mileena, I mean she's a high degree black belt in both Karate and Tae Kwon Do. She would be a really dangerous Mileena o_o

Last edited:
Would be much better if you put some pics.

I have, if you read what I posted I said I made a Photoshop collage which is here. So please check this out, I want the director to know. And feel free to leave any comments, suggestions, and feedback. ^^
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Hybridfury/news/?a=49164

While I do agree with all of your list.. I honestly hope that there isn't that many characters in the movie. Because that's kinda what ruined MK:Annihilation. But yeah, your list is really good. I agree with all of it. Some of the higher paid actors(Jolie, Wahlberg).. I dunno. I mean, they match really well, but I don't think WB them the budget for them. Not only that, I don't think they'd wanna risk there reps on a game-based movie.

btw : Jason Momoa would be PERFECT as Nightwolf. Same with Jason Statham as Kano. I've always kinda thought Statham looked like Kano

I know what you mean, that's true. Well about the movie in MK: Annihilation, that did ruin the movie because of a lot of the characters, is that what you said? Hmm.. there might be another Mortal Kombat: Legacy Season 2 then, do you think so? They only announced the film last month and Kevin Tancharoen is going to be the director. But no word for a new season yet.

But for some of the higher paid actors(Jolie, Wahlberg), like who else do you think on the list? You're right, Jolie and Wahlberg would require a lot more money to get them to play a role.
But if not, you think Jeri Ryan can make a good Sindel then? Also, for Stryker, we need someone who's badass. I think maybe John Cena is decent, but he's too buff... lol. It may have to be Tahmoh Penikett from Legacy again then.

Thanks for liking my list. And yes, I hope Jason Momoa can be Nightwolf. ^^

This is an overall good list, great job! However there are a few which I disagree with and don't think they aptly fit the role. These are

Scott Adkins as Baraka - I think he better fits the role of one of the ninja than baraka.

Vin Diesel as Shao Kahn - Although Vin Diesel has got an amazing physique, I don't think he is tall or buff enough to take the role of Shao Kahn. Batista fits the role better.

Andy On as Quan Chi - Im guessing you chose him because he had pale skin and was bald in true legend. :p

Plus i would like the guys playing Liu Kang and Kung Lao a little more muscular. I also think Vincent Zhao could be a great kung lao and the guy who plays Pai Mei in kill bill would be the best Shujinko :laugh:.

Thanks for liking my list. I did take my time to look over and I did research too, and making all those pictures on photoshop took a lot of my time this week while making them and at the same time looking them up.

Scott Adkins for Baraka: Yes, I think he does. But for Baraka, who do you think shall play him then? If not, Adkins can play Smoke. I need to change him for that and perhaps swap Lee Byung Hun for Baraka, maybe? You know what I just realize, Smoke is actualyl a Caucasian character from Europe, from what I heard 'cause Boon stated that his character wasn't asian. So I don't know, maybe he should play Smoke then, but the reason why i think he would be a good Baraka because he was that Russian dude and who was pretty intimidating in Undisputed 2 :)

If not, what actors you got in mind for Baraka? Remove Lee Byung Hun for Smoke then?

Yeah, but I think Shin Koyamada is kinda toned, but he can workout still, I mean you haven't really seen this body yet though, but he needs to train like Rain in Ninja Assassin for his body. Then maybe he can be Liu Kang by the time he finishes his conditioning. He still has time you know :)

And for Kung Lao, I was thinking about Osric Chau(from someone's suggestion ctrl+f Kung Lao)http://www.trmk.org/news/25522/creator_of_mortal_kombat_legacy_to_develop_mk_movie.html would be great too, but he isn't as muscular either.

You mean Chia Hui Liu as Pai Mei? Chia Hui Liu would make the best Chia Hui Liu Shujinko too.. LOL :laugh:

But I don't think Vincen Zhao would make a good Kung Lao, he doesn't really know English and plus he's kind of too old for Kung Lao. I've got a hold of Mike Moh on twitter and says he's really training hard, I really want him to be in Mortal Kombat, so that's why I want him to play as Kung Lao :)

Oops, I forgot to mention that Sammo Hung Kam-Bo can play as Bo Rai Cho, which is not really part of the main Mortal Kombat game. And Jon Foo as Kenshi(from Tekken), maybe. :)

Yes. But hey, at leats Quan Chi is portrayed better here than compared to a that white actor, Michael Rogers, who played Quan Chi in Mortal Kombat: Legacy. He didn't really do anything like no fighting and just transformed back from Sub-Zero. But honestly Andy On as Quan Chi is waay better than Michael Rogers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a pretty good list over all, yet I do agree Viking_Poodle (sorry if I spelt your user name wrong) that is a lot of people, the movie would be long if you wanted to show case every character you mentioned.

And just so you don't get in trouble with the Admins:

Use the edit button, so you don't double/triple post!

I personally don't like Michael J White as Jax.

His look may do well, but his personality & voice just don't do it for me.

And I am a HUGE Michael J White fan.

I personally don't like Michael J White as Jax.

His look may do well, but his personality & voice just don't do it for me.

And I am a HUGE Michael J White fan.

You're right. He has the looks and all, but like you said his personality and voice doesn't match Jax. I mean, well... I think Jax needs to be more of a funny guy too like the on in the 2nd Mortal Kombat movie, Annihilation. That Jax was pretty funny and interesting, but Michael Jai White as Jax is also good, but they need to like.. well I don't know, I think his voice is fine, but his personality needs to change a bit. And I like a serious Jax character like how he portrays Jax in the series, there's nothing with that, is there?

Last edited:
Good choices but Jade's is definitely not a good one. Maybe she may have her personality but she looks nothing like Jade. I can see Zoe Saldana or Rosario Dawson or Halle Berry as Jade since Jade looks black or indian. But the rest are pretty good choices!

I hope the movie concentrates on characters from mk 1 2 and 3. Leave the other characters for sequels.
About the list, i admit it looks pretty good except liu kang and kung lao, those actors are a terrible choice, i dont think 2 of the biggest mk tournament fighters weight 100 pounds each. it will be hard to fill robin shou shoes.

take out Cena out of the list if you'll want this movie to be good, him as Stryker?, you wouldn't want that guy to play him probably will put people to sleep instead of being good

Mark Wahlberg will be cool as Stryker

I'll post mine here again.

Jeff Bridges as Raiden
Ryan Reynolds possibly as Johnny Cage
Leslie Bibb as Sonya
Daniel Craig as Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang)
Jason Statham as Kano
Maggie Q or Mila Kunis(based on looks) as Kitana
Will Yun Li as Liu Kang
Frida Pinto as Jade
Idris Elba as Jax

bring back Cary-Hiroyuki-Tagawa as Shang Tsung

I would also have Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Mileena, Sektor and Cyrax in the movie. However, since two are masked I would just have someone voice them. Two are cyborgs so I'd do the same there and Mileena is just a complete copy of Kitana so whoever plays Kitana would also play Mileena unless they were twins in real life.

I think the most difficult part is to find the perfect Kung Lao. I also made my own cast list but I can't find the right Kung Lao. Jet Li would be perfect if he would be 20 years younger...

Good casting bro ! ! Hmmmm. . Seems a lot of characters and big time actors and actresses . .

Katheryn Winnick as Sonya Blade would be great . . ! She fits perfectly to me . .
For Shao Kahn, I think Batista should play Shao Kahn, cause he's buff enough . .
Scott Adkins as Baraka, I think not . . And Mark Dacascos as Raiden is cool . . !
But most of all , I think the best actor that would portray Kung Lao is Paolo Montalban . . The guy who played The Great Kung Lao on MK: Conquest . . I think he is the perfect guy to play Kung Lao, even he's not chinese looking, he's an asian. He's a filipino . . And Tony Marquez who portrayed Kung Lao in MK 1 and 2 is a filipino too . .

LOL, what a troll joke. Donnie Yen can't be Liu Kang, well don't get me wrong but he's an amazing Martial artist, but sorry he's too old and he's like practically the same age as Robin Shou from the first two Mortal Kombat films. Plus, he doesn't even have hair.

You troll. You should play as him then, I think you're the best.

I'll post mine here again.

Jeff Bridges as Raiden
Ryan Reynolds possibly as Johnny Cage
Leslie Bibb as Sonya
Daniel Craig as Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang)
Jason Statham as Kano
Maggie Q or Mila Kunis(based on looks) as Kitana
Will Yun Li as Liu Kang
Frida Pinto as Jade
Idris Elba as Jax

bring back Cary-Hiroyuki-Tagawa as Shang Tsung

I would also have Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Mileena, Sektor and Cyrax in the movie. However, since two are masked I would just have someone voice them. Two are cyborgs so I'd do the same there and Mileena is just a complete copy of Kitana so whoever plays Kitana would also play Mileena unless they were twins in real life.
Nice cast, no thanks. If you were to send this list to people, then they would disagree like me. LOL, I don't like your cast, don't post. The only ones I agree is maybe Will Yun Li as Liu Kang and Idris Elba as Jax. Other than that, the rest of your casts are bad.. Leslie Bibb is pretty but sorry she's not Sonya. Ryan Reynolds possibly as Johnny Cage? Really? Everyone will hate that, I think Matt Mullins from Legacy is the only choice. kthx. And LOLOL @ Jeff Bridges as Raiden: :rofl:

Thank you bai, you're from Davao also? Hehe, tinood ba 26 edad mo? Ngano man histura mo sa twitter murag bata ka pa tanawon, unsa man tinood og edad mo?

Sorry for talking in my language with you, but I know I'm not allowed to speak a different langauge fully here. Anyway, I recently updated my list so check out who I have for Scorpion. Ian Anthony Dale is a good Scorpion, but I think that Scott Adkins would be even better as Scorpion for the most part, so he can play as Scorpion's Stunt double, so yeah I have Scott Adkins for Scorpion and Baraka.

And I think Mark Dacascos is the only choice for Raiden, he's like the only Mentor that's capable of playing as Raiden. He was in Kamen Raider and was the mentor for the others, Check this video out

Although I don't know who these guys are... they put on a GREAT fight scene in REAL time. imagine one done on camera with special effects lol.