Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

NRS games def get treated like shit at Evo. That's no conspiracy lol. There's a long list of issues dating back to Injustice 1 that everyone had to deal with. From Pool matches not being played on updated patches, Injustice 2 being completely off stream until top 8 and Grand Finals being at 8am on Saturday lol. There's plenty more

Not to mention that MK11 had 1,567 entrants at Evo last year, while SC6 had only 742.
So, it's not like people aren't wanting to play MK11 at Evo, and (IIRC) MK11 is still listed for Combo Breaker this year.
Definitely smells of some political shit going on between NRS and Evo.

Hell I've been trying to get Maskless Skarlet for months now. I probably spent at least 4 mil on the shrine.

Ironically I have most of the maskless versions for females. Got them without even noticing. And I haven't even unlocked everything.

Not to mention that MK11 had 1,567 entrants at Evo last year, while SC6 had only 742.
So, it's not like people aren't wanting to play MK11 at Evo, and (IIRC) MK11 is still listed for Combo Breaker this year.
Definitely smells of some political shit going on between NRS and Evo.

Exactly. MK11 had only 1.567 entrants. Compared to other major titles.

I really doubt it is political issue. There were no issues last year. SC6 and Samurai Shodown are anything, but politically correct and yet here they are.

The only reason why Dead or Alive 6 didn't make it, is because devs themselves made a big issue out of nothing. They tried to play SJW and core players at the same time and lost everything. SC6 literally has even more revealing outfits and didn't get booted, cause they sell a fighting game not a political statement.

What I think is that WB/NRS just doesn't know how to run a fighting game. They sell their game big and want a top game treatment, but the reality is that it ONLY managed to get 1.5k people, and that was last year. NRS FGC is a dwarf compared to other top fighting games and it sure as hell didn't grown over the last year.

Judging by everything that was revealed over the days since EVO2020 announcement, is that WB/NRS acts like a high maintenance celebrity. They count how many copies their sold, not how many people are playing. They don't manage their community, aside big stars. They probably have the shittiest E-Sports management in fighting game industry. WB most likely wanted special treatment and probably push some commercials, basically making EVO into Video Game Awards 2.0 (like Nicholaidas mentioned), but the game isn't even Top 3 in EVO. So EVO wasn't having it, and because game doesn't even bring actual numbers to justify the maintenance, they just said screw it.

EVO is special, as it is a World Championship. It has the biggest brand out of tournaments, so obviously WB/NRS wanted to show off. But what is there to show off? Guest characters? How shitty you are, that you can't manage to sell your OWN characters. Or boring ass gameplay?

That article that was posted recently, was amusing as hell to read, just because the writer first tried to sell MK11 numbers as impressive and immediately destroyed that image by bringing SF/Tekken into the picture.

I do agree, that there are multiple reasons of why MK11 didn't come to EVO. But I really doubt it, it is political. If the game brought in 2-3k players, nobody would give two shits about politics. You could have half naked girls or guys jumping around and getting torn apart. If the game brings people in, then nobody cares.

Hell that Chaturbate bot story, that recently was making rounds on Twitter/Youtube, proves it.

MK11 is just overflowing with EGO, yet has absolutely nothing to show. So why bother with them. They are like old stars, that still think they are hot shit, and demand red carpet treatment.

MK11 has things that the the other fighters don't have, though: gratuitous amounts of gore.
Word is that Evo was also to be put on TV for 2020, and a TV channel may not want to have the gore on their channel.
Is it really any surprise when YouTube has gone chicken shit on video game gore and demonetized people if they show videos doing Fatalities on characters that aren't D'Vorah?
Prior to December 3rd 2019, people were getting demonetized on YouTube for posting MK11 videos because of the gore factor.

Exactly. MK11 had only 1.567 entrants. Compared to other major titles.

I really doubt it is political issue. There were no issues last year. SC6 and Samurai Shodown are anything, but politically correct and yet here they are.

The only reason why Dead or Alive 6 didn't make it, is because devs themselves made a big issue out of nothing. They tried to play SJW and core players at the same time and lost everything. SC6 literally has even more revealing outfits and didn't get booted, cause they sell a fighting game not a political statement.

What I think is that WB/NRS just doesn't know how to run a fighting game. They sell their game big and want a top game treatment, but the reality is that it ONLY managed to get 1.5k people, and that was last year. NRS FGC is a dwarf compared to other top fighting games and it sure as hell didn't grown over the last year.

Judging by everything that was revealed over the days since EVO2020 announcement, is that WB/NRS acts like a high maintenance celebrity. They count how many copies their sold, not how many people are playing. They don't manage their community, aside big stars. They probably have the shittiest E-Sports management in fighting game industry. WB most likely wanted special treatment and probably push some commercials, basically making EVO into Video Game Awards 2.0 (like Nicholaidas mentioned), but the game isn't even Top 3 in EVO. So EVO wasn't having it, and because game doesn't even bring actual numbers to justify the maintenance, they just said screw it.

EVO is special, as it is a World Championship. It has the biggest brand out of tournaments, so obviously WB/NRS wanted to show off. But what is there to show off? Guest characters? How shitty you are, that you can't manage to sell your OWN characters. Or boring ass gameplay?

That article that was posted recently, was amusing as hell to read, just because the writer first tried to sell MK11 numbers as impressive and immediately destroyed that image by bringing SF/Tekken into the picture.

I do agree, that there are multiple reasons of why MK11 didn't come to EVO. But I really doubt it, it is political. If the game brought in 2-3k players, nobody would give two shits about politics. You could have half naked girls or guys jumping around and getting torn apart. If the game brings people in, then nobody cares.

Hell that Chaturbate bot story, that recently was making rounds on Twitter/Youtube, proves it.

MK11 is just overflowing with EGO, yet has absolutely nothing to show. So why bother with them. They are like old stars, that still think they are hot shit, and demand red carpet treatment.

It's just money issues. You gotta pay to have your game on mainstage Evo. WB probably didn't want to fork over the cash, and Evo was probably glad to be rid of them after the disaster of last year's Music Video ads WB shoehorned into MK11's top 8. It has nothing to do with "SJW" or anything like that.

MK11 has things that the the other fighters don't have, though: gratuitous amounts of gore.
Word is that Evo was also to be put on TV for 2020, and a TV channel may not want to have the gore on their channel.
Is it really any surprise when YouTube has gone chicken shit on video game gore and demonetized people if they show videos doing Fatalities on characters that aren't D'Vorah?
Prior to December 3rd 2019, people were getting demonetized on YouTube for posting MK11 videos because of the gore factor.

Oh please. DOOM has you tearing everyone apart, you see guts and other shit. And DOOM isn't the only one. Resident Evil 2. You literally have zombies eating people. They put an amazing amount of detail in showing you how a zombie slowly rips away a piece of flesh from human's neck. Why none of them are demonitized? Nobody is editing those videos. There are people that replay game with all the cutscenes, to show off different mods. Hell there are topless Claire mod videos and they are monetized. So why MK is so special?

Here is why. WB/NRS doesn't care. They could fix that, but they don't care. Youtube A.I deems MK as non appropriate content and that's it.

And the fact that Boon tweeted how he likes edits more, just shows that they are fine with that.

Once again. If fighting game had clothing damage and you could see naked breasts, yet it was interesting enough that it would bring tens of thousands or even hundred of thousands viewers, and would have 2-3k participants in tournaments, they would show that shit any day. TV or not.

I am with BBLP. I don't believe politics have anything to do with that shit. Though I doubt they would have an issue with paying for EVO. I think it does have to do with the idea that WB/NRS just want red carpet treatment.

MK11 got its nuts crushed. MKX style.

Btw Samurai Shodown has gore, dead game and it's still on there :lol:

MK11 got its nuts crushed. MKX style.

Btw Samurai Shodown has gore, dead game and it's still on there :lol:

Hmm. To be honest after looking at 2019 version and seeing previous installments, they have considerably lowered the level of gore in there.

Still the point stands though. It ain't the the politics. It is just the company/game itself that ain't worth the trouble. I am actually starting to take EVO more seriously, because of that. It seems they have their standards, but if you start focusing on anything, but a game, they will just say: "Naaaah. No way."

Probably. Even with poor viewership, politics and boring gameplay, MK11 still has a bigger following than hose no-name games. Tekken and SF, sure. Looks like NRS/WokeBros shat the bed pretty bad.

I am with BBLP. I don't believe politics have anything to do with that shit. Though I doubt they would have an issue with paying for EVO. I think it does have to do with the idea that WB/NRS just want red carpet treatment.

I agree with BBBLP too in that it could have also been that, but NRS / WB wanting red-carpet treatment is still considered semi-political, no?

I think MK11 videos get blocked or demonetized is because the characters in MK11 are human or human like. Meanwhile, Doom and Resident Evil have you kill monsters that don't look human at all. The only character in the MK series that is not humanoid is Alien and that character was a guest fighter.

I think MK11 videos get blocked or demonetized is because the characters in MK11 are human or human like. Meanwhile, Doom and Resident Evil have you kill monsters that don't look human at all. The only character in the MK series that is not humanoid is Alien and that character was a guest fighter.

Excuse me, what?

DOOM I can kiinda understand, but Resident Evil 2? It ain't just zombies, you know? You get to see multiple people get shot, mutilated. Literally first cutscene shows Truck driver running someone over, then third cutscene shows how zombie (up close mind you) rips a flesh from Sheriff's neck, as he screams in agony. You see everything in full glory. Also difference between zombies and humans is... you know. One is a living and another is a rotting corpse with meat and blood running everywhere. So nah. Not to mention the amount of close ups you get to see as well.

It is just Youtube A.I. Everyone knows that it sucks and Youtube has to adjust it every single time. WB could easily contact Youtube and ask them to whitelist their content. Hell pay for that. I mean shit. Dude. Gore is supposed to be a selling point of the game. Those krushing blows and Fatal Blows supposed to be one of the main selling points, and you want to tell me, that Warner f$cking Bros has no power to change that?

They simply don't give a shit. They had good sales at the start, got what they wanted and that's it. Shows over. You will get additional DLC's for extra money milking and after that, MK12. Have fun buying another Woke garbage.

I agree with BBBLP too in that it could have also been that, but NRS / WB wanting red-carpet treatment is still considered semi-political, no?

Hmm.. Not really. In this case, it is purely business. WB/NRS wants high maintenance, but doesn't respect the EVO and tries to use them for their own needs. To basically use them as a stepping block to promote their products. Their game has a shit baggage as community is fractured (thanks again to Woke bullshit) as well, so from what I saw EVO is just like many other people, tired of dealing with this bullshit.

EVO is a fighting game tournament. Not Video Game Awards or E3. WB/NRS doesn't care, as they don't understand FGC and they just want to put their trailers there for cheap marketing. Just because certain tournaments, now allow reveals for new content of the said game, doesn't mean that they can go crazy with that shit. It is literally just Corporate thinking.

I actually recently had some commissions for couple of organizations, that put insane amount of money in Esports. 150 f$cking million dollar budget. Not only they overpaid me, for the most basic shit (not that i am complaining about that), but their understanding of these things is on the same level, as that one Grandpa who is so technologically challenged, that he doesn't know how to use a smartphone and in the end just drops the thing and says that older phones are better, so we should use them instead.

When I had to talk to some of the executives about certain design decisions (as project was just starting, so me and couple of other people were the only medium at the time) it felt like talking to a wall. I give them stats, I tell them what people actually find entertaining, and they just keep bringing shit up from some random Analytics dude who probably doesn't even know what a video game is. It is just... sigh...

To put it simply. NRS is WB's b%tch. Ed Boon doesn't complain, as he gets paid. He doesn't give two shits about MK. It is just a product at this point. And if someone doesn't dance to their tune, they just leave it, instead of working on it. Like Activision/Blizzard just did. They messed up and instead of fixing the mess, they are now abandoning PC side.

And just to prove that MK is a product and NOBODY in NRS gives a shit about it. Me and Xenon just got to see DOOM's Eternal Official Art... the lore, the world building... You kidding me? MK11 looks like a freaking joke it is. And I am not comparing them gameplay wise. I am talking Lore wise. If I compared them from Gameplay side, MK11 would look even more pathetic. FPS has better lore than a fighting game where you have multiple different characters....

Anyway. Sorry for a rant. Still feeling the after effects of looking at DOOM. Cause that game reminded me of what ACTUAL F$CKING Standards are supposed to be.

Last edited:
Their game has a shit baggage as community is fractured (thanks again to Woke bullshit) as well, so from what I saw EVO is just like many other people, tired of dealing with this bullshit.

"Woke bullshit" has nothing to do with this situation. The reason the game isn't at Evo isn't because of Jax's ending or Jacqui's jacket, and that isn't the reason the community is fractured. NRS' problem is they try to innovate with every entry in the series. How can you hope to retain a community when every game plays so differently? MK11 is out and you have MK9 players who want it to be like their game and MKX players who want it be like theirs. Every new release creates a new fracture in how people want the game to play

"Woke bullshit" has nothing to do with this situation. The reason the game isn't at Evo isn't because of Jax's ending or Jacqui's jacket, and that isn't the reason the community is fractured. NRS' problem is they try to innovate with every entry in the series. How can you hope to retain a community when every game plays so differently? MK11 is out and you have MK9 players who want it to be like their game and MKX players who want it be like theirs. Every new release creates a new fracture in how people want the game to play

I agree with this, MKX made two Evos and that game had plenty of ''woke bullshit''. We'll never really know why mk11 is absent from evo but regardless it isn't a good look for NRS/WB. I can state what I think of Mk11 in its current state but thats just my opinion .I think dropping half the cast, doubling down on the variation system and forcing new mechanics that are targeted for casuals ( crushing blows, fatal blows, rechargeable meter ) is what's killing MK11 .

Last edited:

I meant it more like the game has tons of baggage with it as well. I already said, that I don't think it was political. If it was, you wouldn't see SC6 or Samurai Shodown there as well.

What I am trying to say.

EVO seems to employ a zero bullshit mentality. Dead Or Alive 6 devs made a big fart out of nothing (a pose that just made people laugh) and EVO said no. If they gonna have to deal with all those controversies, then it is better not to have the game at all. Yet Soul Calibur had no problem coming in. So it definitely wasn't the issue with skimpy outfits or armor damage. Soul Calibur is way more extreme on that.

In MK11 case it has a long baggage of shit. First of all, last year that "woke bullshit" was brought up multiple times among players in the Arena. Not in a big way, but there were some people going "Woke Trash", which definitely was noticed. Then we got that entire TOP 8 nonsense happen, now WB/NRS is selling MK11 as some sort of top fighting game. Custom stages, shiny lights, more and more trailers. Trailer to promote character and maybe a movie as well and because of that, the rumors that WB wanted MK11 to be treated as a top celebrity in EVO with all the extra trailers and shit, make quite a lot of sense.

EVO has to take into account multiple things. Run time, community, viewership. MK11 seems to failed at something really hard, if SC6 was picked over it. SC6 doesn't really beat MK11 in much. Though for one. SC6 devs are more active with their fighting community. But at this point, any game has more active devs, than MK11. I am just saying that EVO definitely took into account multiple things. No freaking way, their booted MK11, for just one thing.

WB/NRS made an issue, EVO looked behind MK to see the baggage and just said "Not worth it".

Also. Haha.
NRS' problem is they try to innovate

Good one. "Innovate" Ahaha. That legit made me laugh.

I always thought innovation meant to bring something in that no other game has. What exactly was innovative about MK11 again?...:|

I think MK11 got booted because of backstage politics. Same thing happened with Dead on Arrival 6. There's just no way a fresh game, even with all its problems, gets replaced by games people barely heard of.

and Xenon just got to see DOOM's Eternal Official Art...

Spoiler:
zEfWVUs3wF-I9fhVuOMAFGowwlw7s3pF7-Wk-p4X9AmjzjxHPf86o1wloeKGi3niu0mHZITo850CuLL9L0GsLRPGeRfoLjDDtGOEweLotMSSiTg8UEy8xVqzRtqzLn_FQAQm8t5voA=s0

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I was going hard in MK11 with Joker, but then all my friends started back up on SFV. And holy shit, Seth is so much fun.

"Woke bullshit" has nothing to do with this situation. The reason the game isn't at Evo isn't because of Jax's ending or Jacqui's jacket, and that isn't the reason the community is fractured.

I think it's a big thing though. Woke bullshit is very important and I have not played MK since that happened with the current feminist and SJW writers. Many people I know haven't either. That's fractured community right there