Reptile revealed!

Not surprised to see Reptile, it seems like this game's story and roster are both focusing very heavily on Outworld. At this point Mileena is a shoe-in, Baraka seems more likely than not, and Reiko actually has a chance.

This was the least exciting reveal so far, for sure. No huge revamp like Kano and Kitana, no crazy cool moves, no implications of story relevance... what's a non-Reptile fan to think? He 'looks' like a reptile, but he doesn't move like one. Where's the python squeeze? Where's the "clamber onto the other guy's body and kick him out from under you" grab? Well, there's always MK11.

We've only seen "a handful of his moves".

Sure, it's possible that those kind of cool moves exist and my impression will change. But it doesn't make the reveal any less underwhelming, because we didn't see them. If I'm NRS and Reptile's moves are the coolest new thing about the character, that's what I'm showing off in a reveal. Hype 101.

If I'm NRS and Reptile's moves are the coolest new thing about the character, that's what I'm showing off in a reveal. Hype 101.

There was a ton of new moves. I have no idea what video you were watching.

If you wanted moves that were so specific, then that's your own fault for getting disappointed.

There was a ton of new moves. I have no idea what video you were watching.

If you wanted moves that were so specific, then that's your own fault for getting disappointed.

I don't want specific moves, those were just examples. If they want him to look like a reptile, I want him to behave like a reptile, that's all. I want them to have a strong vision for the character. The only thing that came close was the tailgrab&claw, which was pretty cool. The X-ray? Yeah, it's brutal, but that could have been on Kano, Ferra/Torr, Kotal Kahn, just about anyone.

I realize these are lofty standards for a fighting game, but I've never in my life been interested in Kano and MKX is turning me into a fan with their vision of this grizzled commando survivor in the wilderness. NRS is obviously familiar with the concept of ambition.

I disagree. I don't think Reptile needs to act anymore like a lizard then he already does.

The man makes himself look like an idiot, hissing and growling and stuff.

I disagree. I don't think Reptile needs to act anymore like a lizard then he already does.

The man makes himself look like an idiot, hissing and growling and stuff.

I don't care if he's a lizard or a human, I just want NRS to commit one way or the other and carve out a truly unique niche for the character.

I don't want to overstate my disappointment, I really don't care all that much. It's a testament to how excited I am by the other things MKX is doing that this Reptile, still a clear improvement over MK9, actually disappointed me at all.

I don't care if he's a lizard or a human, I just want NRS to commit one way or the other and carve out a truly unique niche for the character.

Yeah, Reptile is definitely way to inconsistent. But it's a little to early to tell how it's going to play out in this timeline.

They could have amazing things planned with Reptile.

Reptile has been reptilian since MK4. I don't see why that is considered inconsisten. All the characters have undergone different looks throughout the entire series, if that's what you mean.

He's inconsistent because they couldn't decide what to do with his design.

He had a lizard look in Deadly Alliance because of his devolution thing. Then in Armageddon he was randomly not so lizard like anymore. It was inconsistent.

You have to bear in mind this wasn't a fully exposed view of all his variations. On the twitter post it says 'a hand full of his moves'. What we've been shown is limited. There is actually more we've yet to see. I know the trailer didn't show off a ton of new abilities like Kano's and Raiden's but that doesn't mean Reptile has a MK9 move set and that's about it.

that is also true. he is very similar in appearance and moveset to his mk9 version, but as you said, it hasnt shown his variations yet. I really do hope you're right, i want this game to be as good as it can be as im sure everyone here would.

for me, if we were now just to get confirmation of liu kang, shang tsung, mileena and ermac, i wouldnt care what the rest of the roster is, it would be perfect in my eyes (although mk4 chars, kenshi etc would be welcome)

Sure, it's possible that those kind of cool moves exist and my impression will change. But it doesn't make the reveal any less underwhelming, because we didn't see them. If I'm NRS and Reptile's moves are the coolest new thing about the character, that's what I'm showing off in a reveal. Hype 101.

have u seen kitana's reveal trailer? the only different move she did was her grab animation everything else was stuff we've seen before and look at the praise she's gotten. im sure she has tons of new moves. dont worry reptile and the rest of the roster will have lots of new moves.

have u seen kitana's reveal trailer? the only different move she did was her grab animation everything else was stuff we've seen before and look at the praise she's gotten. im sure she has tons of new moves. dont worry reptile and the rest of the roster will have lots of new moves.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but suffice to say that if Kitana still looked like a stripper, I would have been even more disappointed with her reveal than I am with Reptile's. It wasn't the moves that sold me on her, it's the fact that for the first time in the franchise, she actually looks like a princess.

Reptile is a staple of Mortal Kombat and has been in MK since the beginning, so I am happy he's back. The updated look is pretty good and his moves are pretty awesome, but I would again like an alternate costume in his human form just like they did in MK9. My personal preference is Reptile in human form. Here's hoping they have an alternate human form costume.

Kitana got more hype because she got it easy. A nice trailer with flashy editing and epic music, combined with new Kung Lao gameplay and a peek at Goro. Reptile got shafted, as always. He still made me tons more excited than Kitana, though, whose dull weapon-based gameplay has always bored me to tears. But that's me. She looks great and all, but I'm not impressed until maybe I see what they've done with her variations.

I have a feeling he won't be human. Don't you all think he would look silly holding someone out with his tongue and slapping them multiple times if he wasn't a reptile?

if he has a Gene Simmons dlc skin then no not at all lol. but seriously I think reptile looks pretty cool this time around the only other design i like is MKSM. I never understood why people want human reptile I like his more reptile form because it sticks out from all the other ninja characters

He's inconsistent because they couldn't decide what to do with his design.

He had a lizard look in Deadly Alliance because of his devolution thing. Then in Armageddon he was randomly not so lizard like anymore. It was inconsistent.
In Armaggedon he had the Shaolin Monks outfit because, at the time, there was a HUGE fan demand for it to be put in the game.