My thoughts on the next MK

Annual releases would not and could not have the polish of a game that has been under development for years.
Especially considering this is a fighting game franchise, that means there would be little to no support for balancing the game, which NRS already does a terrible job with when they only have one project to worry about.

Pumping out a game in a rushed to meet deadline is why this generation has really lacked on quality. Publishers want their game to get out the door as quickly as possible resulting in unfinished and buggy games requiring a day one patch. Im sick of this attitude of ''Release it now fix it later.'' that many games suffer from. doubling the team may increase productivity but it doesn't always make a better game. I say let MK bake as long as it needs to..... my 60 dallors will be glad they did.

PHP:
I don't think anyone was understanding my logic on annual releases. If there were 2 separate teams, the games wouldn't be rushed. Think of how Activision makes annual COD games. Infinity Ward releases a game one year and then Treyarch releases the following year. 2 separate Netherrealm teams would still allow 2 years for game production. Netherrealm wants to work on games other than MK. I would like to see MK sequels come less than 4 years apart. I got tired of Injustice rather quickly.

PHP:
I don't think anyone was understanding my logic on annual releases. If there were 2 separate teams, the games wouldn't be rushed. Think of how Activision makes annual COD games. Infinity Ward releases a game one year and then Treyarch releases the following year. 2 separate Netherrealm teams would still allow 2 years for game production. Netherrealm wants to work on games other than MK. I would like to see MK sequels come less than 4 years apart. I got tired of Injustice rather quickly.

Beside MK and Injustice, NRS should work on a zombie game and a game similar to Manhunt!

Johnny Cage adventure game would be awesome. Making Movies, buying expensive glasses, maybe even create your own glasses.

Also MK vs Max Payne crossover would be amazing

No just no. We got annual Mortal Kombat games when they were with Midway and it resulted in the garbage that was Armageddon. It was rushed, buggy, broken, and ruined the series to the point where they had to retcon it in MK9.

MK does NOT need to come out every year whether its an adventure game or fighting game. They need to take as MUCH TIME as they want to make sure it isnt rushed.

PHP:

Do you realize how much money that would cost them? They probably already have a semi separate team for Injustice. They don't need to hire more people to pump out MK games annually.

Reply #33
Netherrealm does take their time would say and they should but new Mortal Kombat should release soon and not years from now I didn't like gap between Mortal Kombat four and Deadly Alliance but yeah even Ed Boon says that about Injustice of time to 'breathe' before new Mortal Kombat and Injustice games releasing.

Now that there's DLC and more reason to make games replayable due to the Online factor that wasn't present as much in the 3D games era, there is absolutely no reason for NRS to keep pushing release after release.

Now that there's DLC and more reason to make games replayable due to the Online factor that wasn't present as much in the 3D games era, there is absolutely no reason for NRS to keep pushing release after release.

I agree. Too bad NRS Studio doesn't do it. I was hoping for new chapters in Mortal Kombat 9.

Though the DLC shouldn't take it too far *cough* Street Fighter.

I hope this game isn't free-to-play with needing to buy characters and start off with only 3 characters (Soul Calibur: Lost Swords) for example.

I hope this game isn't free-to-play with needing to buy characters and start off with only 3 characters (Soul Calibur: Lost Swords) for example.

I doubt WB and NRS would go that route.It backfired for Tekken and KI and considering the long wait between MK's sequels I think it will be a full game. My guess is dlc followed by a Komplete edition later.