Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Metal gear solid would like to have a word with you.

....What? Didn't the last game come out like 5 years ago, sold really well and got really good reviews? Other than a bunch of Western limp wrists throwing a hissy fit about a certain female character... :hmmmm2:

I asked you to give me 5 reasons why a different publisher than WB, who's notorious for doing exact same crap that The Big Three are responsible for, is suddenly going to lead to a franchise like MK to its death. So far all you've given to me is "EA" and "Metal Gear Solid".

If WBIE was just head & shoulders above the Unholy Trinity, AT&T wouldn't deem them as "non-essential" and put a 4billion price tag.

....What? Didn't the last game come out like 5 years ago, sold really well and got really good reviews? Other than a bunch of Western limp wrists throwing a hissy fit about a certain female character... :hmmmm2:

I asked you to give me 5 reasons why a different publisher than WB, who's notorious for doing exact same crap that The Big Three are responsible for, is suddenly going to lead to a franchise like MK to its death. So far all you've given to me is "EA" and "Metal Gear Solid".

If WBIE was just head & shoulders above the Unholy Trinity, AT&T wouldn't deem them as "non-essential" and put a 4billion price tag.

Metal gear survive released in 2018 and the reviews where anything but positive. MGS 5 was during the Kojima era before the well known falling out between him and konami. The reason I bring up MGS is it's a perfect example of how things can go from bad to waaaaaaay worse.

Last edited:
You said Metal Gear Solid. In any case, what's that have to do with a new publisher? Konami owns MG, this is their IP, they've been there from the start.

Should've brought up something like Westwood Studios, who got shitcanned after getting acquired by EA...only to make a comeback now with a Remastered 25 year old game. In any case, [MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION] has explained it in detail. MK won't commit a hara-kiri.

You said Metal Gear Solid. In any case, what's that have to do with a new publisher? Konami owns MG, this is their IP, they've been there from the start.

Should've brought up something like Westwood Studios, who got shitcanned after getting acquired by EA...only to make a comeback now with a Remastered 25 year old game. In any case, [MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION] has explained it in detail. MK won't commit a hara-kiri.

I already said the samething in my earlier post. The point I'm making is it's all about the publishers relationship with the developer and the ip. If the publisher doesn't care about the lore or what made the franchise big and only see's dallor signs to make a quick buck. We end up with games like metal gear survive. If that isn't hara-Kiri than I don't know what is. MK isn't some untouchable entity that no other publisher would dare tarnish. WB's proved that themselves. Do you honestly think any of those publishers would have any respect for the MK franchise? EA, Activision, 2K only care about their billion dallor making ip's.

Last edited:
WB's proved that themselves. Do you honestly think any of those publishers would have any respect for the MK franchise? EA, Activision, 2K only care about their billion dallor making ip's.

... So you're agreeing with what I'm typing then?

WB, EA, Activision, 2K. They only care about dollar signs. That's what publishers do. Stuff like lore or "respect for MK" takes the backseat, as you have admitted as well. You know, I would say that it's for the developers to respect MK or the lore... but I can't. We're not going down that route again :lol:

Are you perhaps using Internet Explorer?
Mass Effect 5 is right now in early development.

I already said the samething in my earlier post. The point I'm making is it's all about the publishers relationship with the developer and the ip. If the publisher doesn't care about the lore or what made the franchise big and only see's dallor signs to make a quick buck. We end up with games like metal gear survive. If that isn't hara-Kiri than I don't know what is. MK isn't some untouchable entity that no other publisher would dare tarnish. WB's proved that themselves. Do you honestly think any of those publishers would have any respect for the MK franchise? EA, Activision, 2K only care about their billion dallor making ip's.

So basically...

Can anyone explain to me, what is the original point of people losing their shit about this entire thing?

Cause WB is EXACTLY the same as EA, Activision or 2K. They are a publisher. MK is just one of many things they own. Trust me. Nobody at exec table gives two flying shits about MK Lore or what people want. They want money. Every single one of them.

Also this entire thing "BUT, BUT EA CANCELLED THESE GAMES, CAUSE THEY DIDN'T MEET QUOTA!"

Does someone here LEGIT thinks that WB wouldn't do that to MK? If numbers didn't match their projections?

Like legit, what's the point of this entire argument? While every publisher has their own plus and minus, they share one simple mindset. Nobody gives a shit about Lore of any game. They want money. They have shareholders to please. WB is just as able of doing the same things as what you accuse EA of.

It doesn't matter to what hands MK will go. At the end of the day, it will have same options like at any other publishers.

Gods.

Pretty sure this has been available for a while. Sektor too. It's the same thing as MKX NPCs....

I remember him having something similar in MK9 but not in MKX with Triborg.
Amplified buzz saw looks different in this, but I dunno.

... So you're agreeing with what I'm typing then?

WB, EA, Activision, 2K. They only care about dollar signs. That's what publishers do. Stuff like lore or "respect for MK" takes the backseat, as you have admitted as well. You know, I would say that it's for the developers to respect MK or the lore... but I can't. We're not going down that route again :lol:

I don't think any of the big 3 publishers care enough to buy NRS let alone the MK franchise. I'd rather see a smaller publisher pick them up personally.

I don't think any of the big 3 publishers care enough to buy NRS let alone the MK franchise. I'd rather see a smaller publisher pick them up personally.

Not happening. MK Franchise value is too high for any non massive company to get. Also you're seriously underestimating MK value. Financially it is a Gold mine. Not to mention games like Tekken that are earning millions to this day also serve as a good example of "Games as service".

I can understand if a publisher, that didn't have any experience with fighting games might not have much interest in MK. Like Activision. But EA or 2K? They know all too well what MK is. Just cause shareholders have no interest in the game, doesn't mean they don't appreciate the market value of the Franchise. If anything WB has been wasting MK financial potential. Just by introducing non aggressive microtransactions, publisher could be swimming in billions. But WB is more interested in sending the message about how Woke they are, instead of making money. Hence why MK11 barely made to MKX sales threshold and had to depend on movie characters to attract attention.

Even among greedy corporations, WB sucks a$$.

I'm curious as to why you think EA or 2K can do anything with the MK franchise that WB's didn't already try? How will they succeed where WB's have failed? If all these greedy publishers are the same (thats what I keep hearing over and over ) than what's the difference?

Last edited:
I'm curious as to why you think EA or 2K can do anything with the MK franchise that WB's didn't already try? How will they succeed where WB's have failed? If all these greedy publishers are the same (thats what I keep hearing over and over ) than what's the difference?

The same as in "only one thing that motivates them". Doesn't mean their methods are also exactly the same. WB could print outfits, just as SFV. Every original MK outfit, every 3D Era outfit. 5 bucks per costume.

Same with intros/outros. New ones could be introduced on monthly/3 month basis. Yet, nothing. They drop a kombat pack there and there. Put couple of outfits with expansion pack and here is your content. Kombat League skins are just different colors.

They have 30 years of costumes to pick and yet??? You wanna give me one logical reason as why they aren't bringing them back? (Nobody with brain is gonna buy "From the goodness of their heart") How come other fighting games can make new outfits, but MK is this special kid in the class that thinks he is cool cause he does everything opposite, than everyone else?

Here is their reason. They are playing "mature and respectful" card.

2K or EA won't allow that to get in their way. If they can resell the same game over and over without any shame (with different year in the title), then exploiting people's nostalgia is easy peazy for them.

I am over with MK either way. Doesn't matter who buys it, but if I were to pick my poison I would rather pick EA/2K. C%nts would charge like crazy, but at least I could get the damn options. Unlike WB with their "PROGRESSIVE" views, which involves limiting options and content just to be "MATURE AND RESPECTFUL".

I'm curious as to why you think EA or 2K can do anything with the MK franchise that WB's didn't already try

5af6645d5eea7cc57055d771fe480317.png

If all these greedy publishers are the same (thats what I keep hearing over and over ) than what's the difference?

They don't have a parent company with a 200 billion debt?....

I don't think any of the big 3 publishers care enough to buy NRS let alone the MK franchise.

....I had a few beers already and I can definitely remember EA, 2K and Activision, described as "showing interest". How many have you had to get that completely wiped out from your memory?....

Last edited:
5af6645d5eea7cc57055d771fe480317.png

They don't have a parent company with a 200 billion debt?....

....I had a few beers already and I can definitely remember EA, 2K and Activision, described as "showing interest". How many have you had to get that completely wiped out from your memory?....

"showing interest" and "buying" are two completely different words. It means nothing at the end of the day. Show me a article where a deals been made.