Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Game lost most of its playerbase, that's simply how games work and why people say "game is dying". #12 against games that were released ages ago, with a sale and free weekend? God of War on #15? OK brother. Here: http://gamstat.com/games/

I don't really care anyways, just explaining.

Edit: As for your PC question. Because NRS keeps swearing on their mum that PC version is gonna be awesome?

#12 against games that were top sellers for the platform means a lot and Spider-Man came out 7 months prior which isn't "ages" ago. Lol

As for the PC point, and yet people believe them?
3 previous games that they outsourced and have had major issues on that specific platform isn't enough to say "maybe we shouldn't believe them in that regard?"

EDIT:
1. Not everyone likes playing on consoles.
2. Not everyone wants to buy a console for one/two games.
3. Not everyone can afford a console.
4. Blaming people for buying a product on a platform it is being marketed for, is... idiotic. Yeah, sure you can blame people AFTER the launch. When they keep paying for the game, even though the game is clearly broken. Now that isn't masochism, that is just pure stupidity and ignorance. But if company says "HEY WE ARE SELLING THIS GAME ON THIS PLATFORM." and you have only this specific platform. So what now? Is that person suddenly an idiot for wanting to play the game? Especially if he waited for quite some time? Yeah, sure he could sit and wait. But I don't blame people for not wanting to miss out on the first days of excitement. And once again, if company says. Hey the game will be on this platform and it will work fine? The company is at fault, for lying.

First off, I'll stop you right there.

1. Not what I was getting at.
2. Not what I was getting at.
3. Not what I was getting at.

And once again, if company says. Hey the game will be on this platform and it will work fine? The company is at fault, for lying. You can only blame people for trusting/hoping.

4. And that's entirely my point. ^^^
If someone lies to me repeatedly and constantly robs me of $60 in 3 previous encounters, why would I trust them a 4th time?
Seems like that person would be an untrustworthy liar, no?

Last edited:
#12 against games that were top sellers for the platform means a lot and Spider-Man came out 7 months prior which isn't "ages" ago. Lol

As for the PC point, and yet people believe them?
3 previous games that they outsourced and have had major issues on that specific platform isn't enough to say "maybe we shouldn't believe them in that regard?"

I mean sure, you can blame the gamers for being gullible. I didn't buy it. But to completely brush it off from NRS? That's called blowing smoke. They're the ones always reasurring that the port is awesome. It's their game that doesn't work properly on that platform. It's their problem first and foremost.

I also have no idea what's your first sentence is about but go check out that link I shown you. It's actually pulling from PSN API and updated in real time, instead of using some unsourced list with no hard numbers from a random person on Twitter. Sales also mean nothing about the playerbase. Your game can sell 1000 copies day 1, and lose 90% of the playerbase day 2.

The first part of my sentence was referring to you saying:

#12 against games that were released ages ago, with a sale and free weekend? God of War on #15? OK brother.

God Of War isn't the only game from the ones that I mentioned on that list, but you chose that specific one for your argument, for some reason.

They're the ones always reasurring that the port is awesome. It's their game that doesn't work properly on that platform. It's their problem first and foremost.

And I'm not in disagreement with that.
They are 100% to blame for a shitty port.
I never said that they're free of blame, but rather that I would have a really hard time trusting someone who's lied to me on 3 previous occasions.

The problem isn't that females aren't dressed in bikinis, the problem for people was how that matter was treated.

It's actually more than that. I've brought up some political nonsense they've injected in this game, like JC Nazi, Woke Jax and Donald Kahn. Jacqui has a costume that's all pro-LGBT. Why? It doesn't add anything to the character. She's not gay. Nobody even asked for this. If Kung Jin wore it nobody would bat an eye, but they just had to virtue signal.

Obviously people also didn't like how the guys are running around naked, and yet Beran in his infinite wisdom comes out to talk about realism, maturity and respect. In a game about intensive, overexaggerated, completely unrealistic combat. While wearing high heels, armor that servers absolutely no function and those stupid capes. Then Ed Boon just had to do it with Playboy :lol: A journal that's all about sexy women. Who from the fanbase wanted this? Nobody, that's who.

Then you have Tyler the SJW talking shit about how he doesn't want some guy's respect because of his "awful comment". About a video game character. But he certainly wants his money...Money that won't go to the slaves chained to their desks at NRS 24/7.

Then I recall some SJW NRS Developer actually arguing that "men being shirtless is not the same as women in bikinis!". He then proceeded to discuss Kano's schlong girth and length with other Plebbitors.

Then the rampant feminism injected in this game. I mean come on, girl power and everything, but when Kitana basically owns Shao Kahn? This is the guy who resisted Elder God powered Raiden, laughing at him. Tanking Liu Kang's punch like it was nothing. And if memory serves me correctly, in one of the previous games he was summoned to beat up Shinnok. Shao Kahn was THE ultimate badass, and Liu Kang was the only one supposed to beat him. Yet Kitana comes in and just slaps him like a little b!tch. She's basically an equivalent of a Kamidogu, which really goes hand to hand with all the Woke diarrhea that's been going on in the Media as of late. Kitana Kahn Kamidogu, KKK.

Not even going to bring up how they've humiliated Kotal in this game. Jade just straight up abuses him, D'Vorah almost murders the poor kuck, he throws away his all hard earned work to Kitana, and gets demolished in his own trailer by Jacqui. You'd have be extremely blind not to see the pattern.

Small things, but they add up to the big pile.

The first part of my sentence was referring to you saying:

God Of War isn't the only game from the ones that I mentioned on that list, but you chose that specific one for your argument, for some reason.

And I'm not in disagreement with that.
They are 100% to blame for a shitty port.
I never said that they're free of blame, but rather that I would have a really hard time trusting someone who's lied to me on 3 previous occasions.

Yes I know. GTA5 is older than both and still destroys them. And it definitely has a bigger playerbase. What's your point and why did you ignore the rest of the post?

Out of all of those, I had the least issue with Kitana "killing" Shao Kahn.
Yeah, Shao Kahn is supposed to be the ultimate badass, but Kitana finally getting revenge on the dude who killed her father, destroyed Edenia and was responsible for her mother taking her own life in the origins of the lore?
Yeah, Shao Kahn had it coming to him, and I can't blame her.

EDIT:
I didn't ignore the rest of the post, but pointing out that it's still doing well, despite it supposedly being a "dead / dying" game.
I'm not saying that that some players didn't drop off, but not the majority of the player base.

Also, this is from Playstation itself:
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/11/06/playstation-store-octobers-top-downloads-4/

Last edited:
Why put "killing" in the quotes? Are we now using that guy's Twitter fanfic that Shao Kahn was supposedly to be blinded only? I don't know about you, but when a blade goes through your skull, it does more than just blind you. His brain is also destroyed, and so is the skull. This is also the same guy who now made it so the woman in Jade's MK9 ending is somehow her mother. They don't even share the same skin tone but he totally didn't pull it outta his ass!

And as for Kitana doing it, why didn't she end it before then? What is the point of Liu Kang? Why did she get killed by Sindel? She could've destroyed him any time she wanted, but you know...before MK11, people who wrote the story cared about coherency.

Being #12 on PSN 7 months after release is nothing to brag about, brother. Especially with 40% sale and free weekend.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...tation-stores-most-downloaded-game-in-august/
This is August. It's not even Top 20.

Last edited:
Why put "killing" in the quotes? Are we now using that guy's Twitter fanfic that Shao Kahn was supposed to be blinded only? I don't know about you, but when a blade goes through your skull, it does more than just blind you. His brain is also destroyed, and so is the skull. This is also the same guy who now made it so the woman in Jade's MK9 ending is somehow her mother. They don't even share the same skin tone but he totally didn't pull it outta his ass!

Being #12 on PSN 7 months after release is nothing to brag about, brother. Especially with 40% sale and free weekend.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...tation-stores-most-downloaded-game-in-august/
This is August. It's not even Top 20.

No, it has nothing to do with any turd's fanfic.
Do you honestly think that that really killed him? This all-time badass of MK which in which only Liu Kang was able to beat him?
And if it did kill him, do you think that he won't be back from the dead?
Did you suddenly forget that death doesn't matter in MK?
I could also use quotation marks for Liu Kang "killing" him in MK9, as all that that did was slow him down.

Being #12 of top 20 downloads IS something to brag about when people claim that it's dying and yet it's also in top 10 for most downloadable content downloads with the Kombat Pack.
Again, I never stated that sales don't factor into it, just rather that it's not dying / dead if it has a ton of downloads for the game AND the DLC.

4. And that's entirely my point. ^^^
If someone lies to me repeatedly and constantly robs me of $60 in 3 previous encounters, why would I trust them a 4th time?
Seems like that person would be an untrustworthy liar, no?

But here is a thing.
1. Anyone that bought MK, didn't care about what happened to Batman series, as two different studios worked on them and two different companies ported them.
2. MK9 came out in decent shape. It only had some slight performance issues in 2 stages and crappy netcode. Aside that, the game worked perfectly. Which means that people only got burned by MKX. So of course people, thought "Hey. Maybe they learned from MKX?" If anything, people like me were seen as someone causing an alarm for no reason "Oh, the game will be fine! They can't allow themselves, another fail like that! You're just hating!"

So in short. No. People legit got burned only once before MK11. Because no one in their right mind, were going to compare two completely different games made in two different engines (while both engines were UE3, their architectures were completely different), that are in two completely different genres, made by two DIFFERENT studios and then ported by two different companies.

By that logic, I can't trust CAPCOM with anything, as they screwed over with SFV.

But then...

Resident Evil 2: Remake
Monster Hunter: World

So, yeah. There were no 3-4 times. Only once. That's why people were so naive, when buying PC version.

No, it has nothing to do with any turd's fanfic.
Do you honestly think that that really killed him? This all-time badass of MK which in which only Liu Kang was able to beat him?
And if it did kill him, do you think that he won't be back from the dead?
Did you suddenly forget that death doesn't matter in MK?
I could also use quotation marks for Liu Kang "killing" him in MK9, as all that that did was slow him down.

Being #12 of top 20 downloads IS something to brag about when people claim that it's dying and yet it's also in top 10 for most downloadable content downloads with the Kombat Pack.
Again, I never stated that sales don't factor into it, just rather that it's not dying / dead if it has a ton of downloads for the game AND the DLC.

You're once again ignoring that it's not even top 20 in August. It dropped to #12 in May already.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...est-selling-game-on-playstation-store-in-may/

This is April, its release month.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...t-selling-game-on-playstation-store-in-april/
#4. I don't know if this is EU only or worldwide, but the point remains the same.

People just love free and discounted stuff. Nothing more.

Of course it killed him. The guy didn't appear anymore throughout the game, he didn't move, not even a single mention later on. So yes, he's dead, according to the actual game. Blame the imbecile story writers for completely butchering the entire lore.

But here is a thing.
1. Anyone that bought MK, didn't care about what happened to Batman series, as two different studios worked on them and two different companies ported them.
2. MK9 came out in decent shape. It only had some slight performance issues in 2 stages and crappy netcode. Aside that, the game worked perfectly. Which means that people only got burned by MKX. So of course people, thought "Hey. Maybe they learned from MKX?" If anything, people like me were seen as someone causing an alarm for no reason "Oh, the game will be fine! They can't allow themselves, another fail like that! You're just hating!"

So in short. No. People legit got burned only once before MK11. Because no one in their right mind, were going to compare two completely different games made in two different engines (while both engines were UE3, their architectures were completely different), that are in two completely different genres, made by two DIFFERENT studios and then ported by two different companies.

By that logic, I can't trust CAPCOM with anything, as they screwed over with SFV.

But then...

Resident Evil 2: Remake
Monster Hunter: World

So, yeah. There were no 3-4 times. Only once. That's why people were so naive, when buying PC version.

Didn't people on PC also get burned with Injustice and Injustice 2 not loading up and constantly crashing?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/739635-injustice-gods-among-us/71238944
https://steamcommunity.com/app/242700/discussions/0/648812917800215413/
https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/8wkw0q/got_injustice_2_on_pc_a_couple_of_days_ago/
https://www.pcinvasion.com/injustice-2-not-launching-pc/

Not counting MK9, that would still be 3 games made by NRS with PC issues, all on UE3, no?

EDIT:
It took Konami / Kojima MGSV issue for me to be skeptical with anything Kojima-related and is 1 of the reason's why I'll wait for Death Stranding to go way down in price, when prior to MGSV I would have pre-ordered any of the MGS games in that series. Selling Ground Zeroes separately was a bit of a Red Flag for me, in that sense.

People just love free and discounted stuff. Nothing more.

The same could be said about XL / Komplete Editions too, but the thing about that is people also want "full versions" of games, so you could also make that argument for any GOTY Edition or Complete Edition, too, no?

Blame the imbecile story writers for completely butchering the entire lore.

Oh, I do.
Trust me.
The writing for the MK11 story mode and the whole "reset button" shit is one of my pet-peeves in this game, which I otherwise enjoy.

Last edited:
Didn't people on PC also get burned with Injustice and Injustice 2 not loading up and constantly crashing?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/739635-injustice-gods-among-us/71238944
https://steamcommunity.com/app/242700/discussions/0/648812917800215413/
https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/8wkw0q/got_injustice_2_on_pc_a_couple_of_days_ago/
https://www.pcinvasion.com/injustice-2-not-launching-pc/

Not counting MK9, that would still be 3 games made by NRS with PC issues, all on UE3, no?

EDIT:
It took Konami / Kojima MGSV issue for me to be skeptical with anything Kojima-related and is 1 of the reason's why I'll wait for Death Stranding to go way down in price, when prior to MGSV I would have pre-ordered any of the MGS games in that series. Selling Ground Zeroes separately was a bit of a Red Flag for me, in that sense.

The same could be said about XL / Komplete Editions too, but the thing about that is people also want "full versions" of games, so you could also make that argument for any GOTY Edition or Complete Edition, too, no?

Oh, I do.
Trust me.
The writing for the MK11 story mode and the whole "reset button" shit is one of my pet-peeves in this game, which I otherwise enjoy.

Hmm different issues (though MK11 adapted some of them)

Injustice 1, mostly faced issues with framedrops. Crashing wasn't as that much of an issue. (Compared to I2). All in all it went, as smoothly as MK9 (some people also reported MK9 crashing)

Injustice 2 on other hand. Fair point. I actually set myself against MK11, because of how crap Injustice 2 was.

But the main issue was now stuttering, disconnects and crashes at specific areas. Denuvo was pretty much the main culprit. Though there were some coding/optimization issues as well. But at the same time you could still play the game for hours with no problems.
So we can really say at best 2 games.

But again. Some people didn't play Injustice 2, and eh... I don't want to justify people falling into obvious lie, but from another side I understand them. One day before MKX launch, I couldn't fall asleep from how excited I was.

Not to mention it didn't help that it was Qloc that was doing the porting. High Voltage has a shitty history anyway, so people just blamed them and didn't trust them for shit. But QLOC... They are well known for good PC ports. So obviously people put their faith in them.

At the end of the day, the real culprit is that "customized" UE3 engine. I am 90% sure at this point, that it is a nightmare to port NRS game code into PC. If the engine is heavily customized, then it will be a nightmare for other devs to navigate it.

I'm just a bit surprised that they didn't just go with the Unreal Engine 4.
Wasn't it made available to everyone in 2014~2015?
How is it that the mobile game is on Unreal Engine 4, but they didn't bother with getting Unreal 4 for the base game?
Would the PS4 and XB1 not have been able to handle an Unreal Engine 4 MK game?

EDIT:
Also, for anyone else that's interested....
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1192438895218176000

Boon's Tweet saying "Sindel koming soon...," so we can probably expect a gameplay reveal / trailer for her this week or next week.

I'm just a bit surprised that they didn't just go with the Unreal Engine 4.
Wasn't it made available to everyone in 2014~2015?
How is it that the mobile game is on Unreal Engine 4, but they didn't bother with getting Unreal 4 for the base game?
Would the PS4 and XB1 not have been able to handle an Unreal Engine 4 MK game?

EDIT:
Also, for anyone else that's interested....
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1192438895218176000

Boon's Tweet saying "Sindel koming soon...," so we can probably expect a gameplay reveal / trailer for her this week or next week.

Nah. Their explanation was pretty simple. They have customized UE3 to the point, that it is like their own engine. Custom tools, scripts, etc. So they don't wanna go to UE4, as it would be going back to zero and having to redo all of the tools. Long story short, they don't want to spend a year, getting used to UE4. They prefer using what they know.

As for phone. UE4 has better structure for mobile OS, than an aged UE3.

Consoles could easily handle UE4 MK, but they just got too comfortable and lazy. They don't wanna jump into cold water again.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1192890589337018368

Welp. She is not from a different timeline.

I told people, this shit will be bad. But noooooooooooooo. "I was just being paranoid."

I still think it's stupid that they f-ed up her origin story, but that doesn't mean I'm not hyped to play as her.

https://www.trmk.org/forums/showthr...n-Media-Thread?p=875402&viewfull=1#post875402

Commander said:
Again, at this point I'm just considering all of the DLC characters to come from an alternate timeline.
It makes more sense that way, imo, to imagine that the DLC are all from an MK equivalent of DC Earth-2 or Earth-3, and that something like that at least seems a little bit less far fetched than some of these weird retcons.

It's a bit absurd to me how NRS just saying a little thing like "this Sindel is from another timeline" or that "she crossed over from another timeline during the battle with Kronika" in her Bio changes everything and doesn't have to retcon anything, imo

For my own head-canon, Terminator and Sindel might as well be from the same universe.
Doesn't matter anymore, anyways, since they also screwed up Kabal and Skarlet's MK9 origins and also retconned Goro from ever existing in MKX and the MKX comics.

Anyone who expected something different was simply delusional, although you make it sound as if you were the only one who believed this. Most people did as well - it just that not everyone cared that much about her backstory.

I am not talking just Sindel specifically, I am talking the game overall. And of course I wasn't the only that was expecting that. I manage to find myself in a brand new community which has been formed all thanks to MK11.

And I know that people don't care about backstories. I mean again. It has been already made clear. They are rebooting MK completely, changing everything, making sure everything fits the new political agenda. They took out Sindel being mind controlled, so not to show that she is being controlled by... TOXIC MEN.
And their new target audience is the generation that most likely missed MK9. Anyone that doesn't like retcons and lore being messed is clearly being told to fvck off. And new players, they don't really care about the lore. They like what they see, as they don't know better. MK11 is the standard now. Nobody will play Deadly Alliance, Shaolin Monks or Deception and compare which game was made with passion and which one was done half assed. For people now, MK11 is the best thing since sliced bread.

Last edited:
Nobody will play Deadly Alliance, Shaolin Monks or Deception and compare which game was made with passion and which one was done half assed. For people now, MK11 is the best thing since sliced bread.

Wasn't Boon trolling / joking / hinting a while back about a Shaolin Monks HD remaster?
Boon did mention about wanting to do something else aside from MK fighters, so who knows?
Plus, I know that MK: Fire and Ice was also cancelled due to Midway L.A. (aka Paradox Studios) closing down a while back.
Maybe we'll one day see them partner with someone like Sony Santa Monica or Rocksteady (for example) and possibly get another action / adventure game.