Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

MK Pro scene is suffering. MKX Summer Jam had like only 80 players competing for 10k price. MK11 is also being shat on. Why? Cause gameplay is being dumbed down and made way easier to cater to casuals.
Yeah sure, they got nice sales in the first 2 months. Gamers bought the game cause it looked pretty and looked fun.

I think NRS' biggest mistake was forbidding certain special moves and variations to make it into competitive play. That decision seriously crippled the creativeness of the players and hurt the game. They should remove this ban asap. If certain moves are OP, they could always nerf them next year, or buff the weaker ones.

Did you just ask an elementary school student for a comeback? Tell him, that it was a good try. I give points for creativity.
I'm just stating facts.

If concept arts and shit were as important as you say, Kitana's name would still be Kitsune, and Zebron would be canon.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm just stating facts.

If concept arts and shit were as important as you say, Kitana's name would still be Kitsune, and Zebron would be canon.

Yah. You're lost cause. Welp. I should have known nothing rational will come from you.

I think NRS' biggest mistake was forbidding certain special moves and variations to make it into competitive play. That decision seriously crippled the creativeness of the players and hurt the game. They should remove this ban asap. If certain moves are OP, they could always nerf them next year, or buff the weaker ones.

NRS biggest mistake is dumbing down the games to begin with. By trying to apply to this "phantom audience" they are killing off their pro scene, which literally carries their game. I mean... shit. Multiple pros like Tom Brady, Reo, etc ranted about MK11, before it even came out. How do you mess up so bad, that even pros, the guys who should know better than mouth off before games come out, are ranting about how much your MP will suck.

And they weren't silenced. They are disappointed right now and they made it clear, that systems like Fatal Blow have to go. Or have to be modified.
Their message overall is clear. Make the game harder. But NRS won't do it. WB doesn't want to even hear it. And why? Cause they have this idiotic mentality. Easier game = more money.

No. Just no. 35k people at launch on PC alone. Cool you got your massive sales. But now you barely can muster 2k, while consoles players are also trading MK11 for other games. 6 months after launch the game will be probably "dead" (as in relevance, not player count).

Shit you can see it right now this very moment on EVO. Samurai Shodown = 50k viewers. Tekken 7 = 40k viewers

MK11? 10K viewers on main NRS channel while 4k on evo channel. It is a brand new game, but barely anyone gives a shit. And EVO is the biggest and the most public place for fighting games. So what's gonna happen next? Simple. EVO will be the last biggest show for MK11. After that, we will have same shit as we had with MKX. Barely any players competing and barely anyone caring to watch the tourneys. I mean... a 4 year old game is beating MK11. It is that bad.

And it is all, because WB/NRS are thinking. "We gotta make it easier, so Jimmy here, can play with SonicFox in ranked"

The f%^king Jimmy is gonna play MK11 for 2 weeks at best, he will get tired of it, and will leave the game. And most likely will SHIT ON IT as well. MK games now have 6 months to a year lifespan. Because they don't build them to last. They build them for short term profit. But you can't run business on short term profit. People get tired of that shit. Just make one big MK game like Tekken 7 or Street fighter and make it able to run for years, by making gameplay challenging, add random modes so casuals could be happy and hang out a bit longer and separate Jimmys from Competitive players. Give casuals buttons for basic combos, so they can do cool shit in online with their friends, and give "manual controls" for competitive/pro players. Here. Solved the business issue. Good sales and long term profits with secured player base. It is that easy.

But nah instead, let's make MK into Call of Duty series and pump them out every 2-4 years.

Why make MK like Call of Duty when we can make it like Madden, just like the 90s and the mid-2000s?

Shit … that's low. DBFZ managed a whooping 100K in the Top 8.

Precisely. And that's the point. MK11 is boring for casuals to watch, NOBODY outside MK gives two shits about any character except Scorpion, and that's because he is plastered EVERYWHERE at this point. Characters don't bring attention to anyone, but people who have known MK for a long time. You can't even use MK11 to introduce someone to MK franchise.

It is fookin boring entertainment wise. Yeah, sure. People are happy to play it. You like it and tons of other people like it. But you know what's funny? You WEREN'T EVEN THE TARGET.

They made it clear in the leaked emails. MK11 will focus on Esports. Cheezus, I knew from that moment that shit was gonna hit the fan. And vuolia. Barely anyone watches it. I think max viewers they got was like 23k yesterday. Barely half of what Tekken 7 had at their lowest that day.

"We gonna support MK11 for years"... yeah... "support" with DLC characters. Those suits are either ret@rded or ignorant. DLC characters don't support the game.

Man, this thread went to shit pretty quickly. Is MK11 really that bad?

I'm still enjoying MK11, a lot.

"We gonna support MK11 for years"... yeah... "support" with DLC characters. Those suits are either ret@rded or ignorant. DLC characters don't support the game.

Yeah, but if you check on reddit, though, there's been plenty of posts / topics in the weeks up to the Nightwolf trailer reveal last week with "Since DLC is taking a long time, I'm done with this game," so it's not hard to see where the suits would get that idea from.
Yeah, people like that are casuals who likely wouldn't have held onto the game past that certain DLC character coming out, regardless, but the majority of people who buy it are casuals who will go back to Fortnite (or whatever game they were playing before) if DLC isn't there to keep them interested.
The hardcore fans and people who are more serious about the quality of the game aren't that many in number in comparison to the casuals.

The video game industry for the most part is focused on short-term profit regardless of the scope or quality of the game. The developers are always moving on to new projects and the pressure to use the latest technology doesn't help things either.

The Kombat Kast today is going to talk about balance patches - Kollector, Kotal and D'Vorah are definitely getting buffs.

If they nerf Geras, Sonya and Black, it'll be good too, imo.

The video game industry for the most part is focused on short-term profit regardless of the scope or quality of the game. The developers are always moving on to new projects and the pressure to use the latest technology doesn't help things either.

Yah, they do. And look where that got them. It isn't dumpster fire anymore. This is a forest fire on global scale at this point. Everywhere you look, you have massive publishers bleeding money now and throwing unfinished games at this point. Like I said. Short term in business doesn't work.

As for latest technologies. I have yet to see innovation. Graphics are graphics, but content wise we have seen jack shit. No innovation. No progress. Man, I remember when Half life 2 came out with it's physics engine. Blew people's minds away. UT2004 AI was insane. Felt like having teammates and they even gave them voices to talk to you. Crysis 1, made all PC's cry back in the day. Challenging Nvidia to make a monster that would be able to play it at max.

And now? Face scanning technology! We spent so much time crafting the faces in our... f$cking FIGHTING GAME, that we forgot to add ANY innovation in the FIGHTING aspect of the game. Almost everything is stagnant right now and they are paying the price. And we as players too. Hence the dry spell.

Yah, they do. And look where that got them. It isn't dumpster fire anymore. This is a forest fire on global scale at this point. Everywhere you look, you have massive publishers bleeding money now and throwing unfinished games at this point. Like I said. Short term in business doesn't work.

As for latest technologies. I have yet to see innovation. Graphics are graphics, but content wise we have seen jack shit. No innovation. No progress. Man, I remember when Half life 2 came out with it's physics engine. Blew people's minds away. UT2004 AI was insane. Felt like having teammates and they even gave them voices to talk to you. Crysis 1, made all PC's cry back in the day. Challenging Nvidia to make a monster that would be able to play it at max.

And now? Face scanning technology! We spent so much time crafting the faces in our... f$cking FIGHTING GAME, that we forgot to add ANY innovation in the FIGHTING aspect of the game. Almost everything is stagnant right now and they are paying the price. And we as players too. Hence the dry spell.

Aw, yer just pissed off because MK11 wasn't made in UE4.

And because you don't like the art direction.

And because Frost.

Aw, yer just pissed off because MK11 wasn't made in UE4.

And because you don't like the art direction.

And because Frost.

If that was the case, I would have not played MK9. Hated the outfits and not even gonna talk about the female faces there. Didn't stop me from calling it one of the best MK games to date. So definitely no.

Not to mention friend that gifted me MK11 before launch, told me to just give it a try. And I will be honest. I actually said "You know what? I am gonna try the game. Frost looks like garbage, but hey, maybe the story will surprise me. I will just get used to the gameplay. I mean MKX also felt strange at first, but got used to it over time. Though It sucks that it ain't 3D, but eh. That won't stop me. I mean I got a free game, so why not?"

Aaaaand then NRS opened their mouth. So once again. It ain't the game that pissed me off, it is the lying pieces of shit that started telling people who is a real fan or not. It is the guy who should have known better, but instead went full ret@rd and said "Disappointed fans? No regrets". It is the Ed big fooking Boon with his bushbrows that shat on MK9 during Playboy interview, forgetting that it was that game, that launched MK back to glory days.

P.S Frost isn't my only fav char. Sub Zero, Sonya, Scorpion. So I had my options.

I mean MKX also felt strange at first, but got used to it over time. Though It sucks that it ain't 3D, but eh. That won't stop me. I mean I got a free game, so why not?"

I don't understand what you meant at this part of your post, and I know that it may sound like sarcasm or mean-spirited in writing since it's hard to tell tone in text, but it's not.

Did you think that MKX or MK11 would be 3D again?
Did NRS ever say or imply that they were going to go back to the 3D gameplay again?
Again, it's not sarcastic, but, I was under the impression that they were sticking to the MK9 2D / 2.5D format from there on out.

I don't understand what you meant at this part of your post, and I know that it may sound like sarcasm or mean-spirited in writing since it's hard to tell tone in text, but it's not.

Did you think that MKX or MK11 would be 3D again?
Did NRS ever say or imply that they were going to go back to the 3D gameplay again?
Again, it's not sarcastic, but, I was under the impression that they were sticking to the MK9 2D / 2.5D format from there on out.

Nah, it was more of the hope.

Technology/Innovation wise 3D is the next step. I wasn't surprised that MKX was 2.5D. Nor Injustice 2. But I expected MK11 to be the next big step in tech. Now we can have good 3D fighting games like Tekken, Soul Calibur and even Dead or Alive, whose gameplay and animation are overshadowed with insane prices and idiotic decisions.

But, instead we just got another 2.5D fighter. One of the reasons, why I hoped for MK11 to go 3D, was because Dead or Alive 6 certain stages worked so well. Instead of fighting in arena, you actually fight in the streets. Smash opponents though store fronts or fences. So I hoped MK would jump on it as well and allows us to actually fight in Shang Tsung's temple or Shao Kahn's coliseum. Especially with new graphics. Instead same shit, different color.

Fighting game franchises should stick to what they're good at.

Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, and Dead or Alive are good at 3D. Mortal Kombat? Not so much. In fact, the 3D experiment during the PS2 era is considered a failure.

MK is clearly best at 2D and 2.5D.

Fighting game franchises should stick to what they're good at.

Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, and Dead or Alive are good at 3D. Mortal Kombat? Not so much. In fact, the 3D experiment during the PS2 era is considered a failure.

MK is clearly best at 2D and 2.5D.

"Good at" They can't even do 2.5D right. It is seriously stupid at this point. Any Podcast or Stream I saw with pro players talking about MK11.

"MK11 is everything what I wanted" and then proceed to talk shit about the game for 2 hours straight. Poking system sucks, variations have to go, give more options for characters, allow us to customize the playstyle for the characters, fatal blow sucks, etc. So which one is it?

Nah. NOW I know. If they can't even do 2.5D properly, then forget 3D. MK community is the only that is like this right now. And this sucks to watch. And game speaks for itself. I mean dammit. Explain to me this. How come the game that has catered to casuals so much, by giving these towers of time, gear system, "customization", The krypt and all, is now having less than 1000 players, while a game like Tekken 7 that has NO TUTORIAL, no modes like krypt and story mode that... well... looks good, but barely makes any sense, is beating MK11 and dominates it in its freaking home NA?

2D/2.5D is part of Mortal Kombat's identity! MK FAILED in 3D!

I still don't understand wtf is this stupidity of claiming that 3D Era failed. Deadly Alliance received positive feedback for innovation and 3D fighting mechanics back then. Deception was the fastest selling game from Midway. Sold over a million copies in it's first week (which was a lot in 2004) and 1.9 a year later. Multiple rewards in 2004 and 2005.

The only game that failed both financially and gameplay wise was Armageddon, which was rushed, as Midway was running out of cash. Had no innovation and just threw everything together. Kreate-A-Fatality was also bad for the game's reception. Basically an asset flip.

To this day Deception is put next to games like MK:Shaolin Monks and MK9. So where they failed is beyond me. Sounds more like bandwagon thing.