Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

The leak has been legit so far. So if there's another KP, it'll most likely contain Fujin, Sheeva, Joker and possibly three more characters.

I'm so sick of people ing about guest fighters at this point. I do think 3 guest in one pack is too much, but more money for NRS can help them give them bigger budgets for future games.

They did a damn good job on Shang. They basically summed up everything about him.

I'm glad he morphs! And a good publicity stunt making him turn into the likes of Rain and Smoke.

I'm so sick of people ing about guest fighters at this point. I do think 3 guest in one pack is too much, but more money for NRS can help them give them bigger budgets for future games.
They are stealing spots from Fujin.

Besides, games with guest characters aren't canon anyway.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm pretty hyped seeing Shang Tsung return in classic MK movie cheese fashion. He looks laughably OP but I look forward to testing him out. NRS love dangling that carrot at Rain, smoke, Reptile, Ermac fans. Test your might is going to be a bloodbath for weeks over this trailer lol. BTW I love Shang Tsung throwback kintaro MK2 fatality at the end!

Last edited:
Haha, I told you there'd be no Fujin! Man, am I glad I gave this game a swerve.

Shang even morphs into Rain for his roundhouse kick. NRS are such dicks.
I long lost hope for Fujin ever since before Cetrion was first shown.
Her confirmation was a further nail in that coffin.
If Fujin is in the 2nd KP, as the supposed data mining / “leak” is saying, then great.
Again, if not, then also great.

I buy MK games regardless of whether or not my favorite makes it in, because MK.
As it is, the people asking for Nightwolf and Sindel during MKX have turned me off to either of those 2 characters, same as with Rain, and this coming from an MK9 Nightwolf and Rain main. FVCK those 2 characters!

Too bad Fujin is not in the first KP, but a second KP is very likely. I'm surprise by 3 MK fighters and 3 guest fighters.

Even after MKX had 4 guests and 4 MK characters?
For me, half guests and half MK characters seems to follow the pattern of MKX, and even Injustice 2 had 5 characters from DC and 4 (technically 7) guests.

Last edited:
I long lost hope for Fujin ever since before Cetrion was first shown.
Her confirmation was a further nail in that coffin.

Cetrion only has like two wind based moves though. I mean, if we can have three characters with shadow kicks, several characters that use fire and two cryomancers, I really don't see why a character having two wind moves would negate a character who's main theme is wind.

I think Shang Tsung looks dope and his reveal hypes me though I was losing intrest for MK11. Why crying about ninja morphs? At least they are somehow in the game. Love the movie references as well. Your soul is mine!

Cetrion only has like two wind based moves though. I mean, if we can have three characters with shadow kicks, several characters that use fire and two cryomancers, I really don't see why a character having two wind moves would negate a character who's main theme is wind.

You see, while I normally would agree with this statement, the fact is that Fujin has been shafted from 3 games in a row in this new generation of MK (ever since MK9).
MK9 = leaked audio file, but he was cut from the game.
MKX = in a cutscene and trolled by NRS, yet again, in Cassie’s Selfie Fatality. Tanya and Bo Raí Cho are added instead.
MK11 = nowhere on the main roster (Frost was the post-MK3 character) or in the KP, as of this post.

It’s really not that hard to see why I’d lose hope for Fujin ever being in another MK game or the possibility of how Cetrion could have been the final proverbial nail in that coffin.

You see, while I normally would agree with this statement, the fact is that Fujin has been shafted from 3 games in a row in this new generation of MK (ever since MK9).
MKX = in a cutscene and trolled by NRS, yet again, in Cassie’s Selfie Fatality. Tanya and Bo Raí Cho are added instead.
MK11 = nowhere on the main roster (Frost was the post-MK3 character) or in the KP, as of this post.

It’s really not that hard to see why I’d lose hope for Fujin ever being in another MK game or the possibility of how Cetrion could have been the final proverbial nail in that coffin.

I'm glad about Cetrion's existence though. I love her slightly better than Jade actually.

If Cetrion is responsible for keeping Fujin off the roster, then she can get syphilis for all I care! The fact that NRS chose her over a GROWING fan favorite like Fujin is a travesty!

Come to think of it, didn't MK4 set Fujin up to be a major protagonist in the foreseeable future (especially given both his own and Raiden's endings), only to make ONE playable appearance since then? That alone is further evidence that they owe us Fujin!

Fujin was actually planned to be playable in Deception and replace Raiden. With the intro having him die alongside Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. This changed due to fan complaints.

If Fujin actually isn't in KP2, then it shows how out of touch NRS is. He's probably the character that was introduced after UMK3 and hasn't been playable since the reboot that has the most requests. They even chose Bo Rai Cho over him in MKX. A character that even most people that are open to 3D era characters being revamped generally felt "meh" towards.

I'm glad about Cetrion's existence though. I love her slightly better than Jade actually.

Oh, don’t get me wrong.
I LOVE all of the MK11 new characters, even the 5 revamped ones from MKX.
I’ve just accepted that I may not ever see Fujin as a playable character ever again if he’s not in KP2..

Feeling for you, buddy but Fujin is still more likely than Sareena, Havik, or Reiko at this point. Keep hope alive!

I still believe that we're getting 3 kombat packs (based on the datamine which had 19 DLC characters and 3 kombat packs) and I think that it's going to be 9 MK characters and 9 guest characters. We know the current characters (based on the leaked intros) are:

Shang Tsung (duh)
Nightwolf
Sindel
Spawn
Ash Williams
Terminator
Fujin
Sheeva
Joker

That's 5 MK characters and 4 guests, which means we have 4 more MK characters and five more guests. The old leak which told us about the story (Jax betraying the team, Reptile being inside the Krypt and an old DLC roster as well as a couple of other stuff) had Reiko and Sareena on the DLC roster. However, Reiko is an assist, so I think he's out. Sareena however, is nowhere to be seen as an assist, was leaked as DLC in that particular leak, so I think she's in.

I also think that Havik is in - a last minute change because his assist was removed. I think they wanted Reiko at first, but switched him for Havik.

So the four remaining DLC MK characters are Sareena, Havik and two more who aren't assists in MK11. I'm thinking Asrah, Hotaru or an entirely new character like Scarlet was in MK9.

The five remaining guests could be anyone. Doomguy, Myers, Killer Croc, Pennywise, Slenderman, Deathstroke … could be anyone.

I don't give a damn if Fujin is "konfirmed" via leaked datamining. The way he's been treated since his debut, I'll believe it when I see it. Keep in mind that both his own and Raiden's MK4 endings CLEARLY set him up for a major protagonist role in the foreseeable future, and he got robbed of it as quickly as it was set up.

Havik’s assist was removed?
I could have sworn that I got a few more Havik heads the other day for kompleting a ToT.

I also agree with [MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION].
I’ll believe the whole Fujin stuff when / if I see an actual gameplay trailer for him, at this point.