Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Go right ahead and send me a friend request. My PS Plus isn't due for renewal until November (it was supposed to be October, but Sony gave 1 month extensions to those affected by natural disasters in the wake of the Harvey and Irma hurricanes).

As far as Platinum progress goes, I still have about 95 Towers to komplete according to my Kombat Kard, so it'll take me a few weeks. Tower Champion alone took me 3 weeks. Kompleting the Advanced and Strategy Tutorials turned out to be my toughest trophies, but I persisted due to wanting that Shao Kahn announcer voice. Once I got those 2 out of the way, Platinum became a matter of when instead of if.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'll be doing it then! Don't worry, I don't have it at all lol

Did you unlocked Kronika's voice? I'm stuck on strategy, the one Geras has to perform 3 punches into Noob. I just can't juggle that way! Idk why. I'm even doing the same rythm. Ok, I had the same problem in MKX with Kano to make the 10 kombo hit, but I nailed in the end.

You can always finish towers soon too. It's kinda a "scam", but it works. It actually helped me a lot, not enetering the tower and finishing it, I haven't done it tbh, but everytime I have to go there and get stats for character towers or something like that, or grind to get hearts and souls, or even to upgrade gear, so eventually you get there.

Edit: I see people already talked about the tower shortcut.

Speaking of which, why did NRS get rid of Kombo Breakers in MK11?

I'm happy without them too as [MENTION=17726]Noob-Zer013[/MENTION], you know? I mean, the wakeup attacks are way better to use, and the rolls are effective, otherwise you just watch being hammered down lol But it kinda reminds me of 3D era where you had limits, but this time you can organize yourself in the match.

This new defense and attack system is pretty great, I hope they don't get rid of it soon. Also, meter burning is way more effective, we don't have to fight worried about getting meter.

I'll be doing it then! Don't worry, I don't have it at all lol

Did you unlocked Kronika's voice? I'm stuck on strategy, the one Geras has to perform 3 punches into Noob. I just can't juggle that way! Idk why. I'm even doing the same rythm. Ok, I had the same problem in MKX with Kano to make the 10 kombo hit, but I nailed in the end.

You can always finish towers soon too. It's kinda a "scam", but it works. It actually helped me a lot, not enetering the tower and finishing it, I haven't done it tbh, but everytime I have to go there and get stats for character towers or something like that, or grind to get hearts and souls, or even to upgrade gear, so eventually you get there.

Edit: I see people already talked about the tower shortcut.

I'm happy without them too as [MENTION=17726]Noob-Zer013[/MENTION], you know? I mean, the wakeup attacks are way better to use, and the rolls are effective, otherwise you just watch being hammered down lol But it kinda reminds me of 3D era where you had limits, but this time you can organize yourself in the match.

This new defense and attack system is pretty great, I hope they don't get rid of it soon. Also, meter burning is way more effective, we don't have to fight worried about getting meter.
Kronika's voice was the first one I unlocked. I think I'll switch between the 3 voices periodically.

Now as a whole, I actually like the new meter system. I was afraid to use Enhanced specials due to wanting to save meter for an X-Ray in case I needed it. This time, I feel more comfortable using Amplified Specials.

I'll just do character towers in the ToT. I already finished all 5 stages of one character's.

I've mainly been doing those character Towers.
I have 3 of them done so far (to level 5) and working on a 4th character now.

....which can explain why Goro is dead.

That bugged me about story mode as well, the fact that we never got an explanation for it despite him being alive in MK9 and at the end of the MKX comics seeking Daegon's help.

It IS a bit weird that we haven't even gotten a KP1 trailer yet, though.
Combo Breaker or E3 trailer reveal, I guess?

Last edited:
I've mainly been doing those character Towers.
I have 3 of them done so far (to level 5) and working on a 4th character now.

That bugged me about story mode as well, the fact that we never got an explanation for it despite him being alive in MK9 and at the end of the MKX comics seeking Daegon's help.

It IS a bit weird that we haven't even gotten a KP1 trailer yet, though.
Combo Breaker or E3 trailer reveal, I guess?
Either the Krypt is non-canon, or this could be yet another f-up of the whole Timeline changing shit.

Spoiler:
If you look closely enough in the dining hall, you can even find a dead Kano sitting at one of the tables.

But even with all the 95 movie references in the Krypt, I'd like to know why they couldn't be bothered to give us Art Lean.

Either the Krypt is non-canon, or this could be yet another f-up of the whole Timeline changing shit.

Spoiler:
If you look closely enough in the dining hall, you can even find a dead Kano sitting at one of the tables.

But even with all the 95 movie references in the Krypt, I'd like to know why they couldn't be bothered to give us Art Lean.

Yeah, along with that....

Spoiler:
Kenshi and Ermac are also dead, and there's the '95 MK movie Reptile statue.

As for Goro, it would be easy to cough it up as being non-canon if it weren't for the fact that the stage is also in story mode and there's no explanation for how he even died in story mode, at all.

It's 1 thing if it was just Shang Tsung's Island being the non-canon Krypt for the MK11, fine, non-canon Krypt is non-canon and no need to explain his death.
When they involve those parts of Shang Tsung's Island in the story with no explanation for it and / or retcon certain aspects with little to no explanation, though, that's another thing.

No news worthwhile from the Kombat Kast except that Combo Breaker is happening, which we knew.

Did anyone catch anything I might of missed? I hoped they would of spoke about a patch. Tired of the duplicate gear and skins.

Hey quick question concerning pokes and fighting Raiden. I'm finding it difficult to get in on him. I play Kano, Cassie, and Kung Lao. Is there a strategy to get in on Raiden? Especially the ones that turtle with low kicks and whenever you try to counter has this insane set up? Thanks in advance

Hey quick question concerning pokes and fighting Raiden. I'm finding it difficult to get in on him. I play Kano, Cassie, and Kung Lao. Is there a strategy to get in on Raiden? Especially the ones that turtle with low kicks and whenever you try to counter has this insane set up? Thanks in advance

As a Kano player it happens alot because he doesnt have any mids. Except one the moves him back. You get low profiled because all of his strings start with a high

Characters I HATE fighting against

1. Scorpion
2. Sub Zero
3. Noob Saibot
4. Baraka
5. Erron
6. Kabal
7. Geras

Annoying but fair imo

1. Sonya
2. Jacqui
3. Liu Kang

Has An Abusable Uppercut or Overhead

1. Jade
2. Jax
3. D'Vorah
4. Frost

Hardly Ever See Them Online

1. Kotal
2. Kollector

Irrelevant Status

1. Cetrion

Lag Switchers

1. Shao Kahn

Honest Characters

1. Kitana
2. Kung Lao

LOW TIER

Kano
Cassie Cage

My opinion against the current MK11 cast

Irrelevant Status

1. Cetrion

Lag Switchers

1. Shao Khan

My opinion against the current MK11 cast
What do you mean when you say irrelevant? Do you just not like the characters or do you think they are so bad they are irrelevant? I can kinda see why you would think that way about Shao khan but Cetrion? I just watched day 3 of combo breaker and Big d and dragon placed top 8 using her.

Last edited:
What do you mean when you say irrelevant? Do you just not like the characters or do you think they are so bad they are irrelevant? I can kinda see why you would think that way about Shao khan but Cetrion? I just watched day 3 of combo breaker and Big d and dragon placed top 8 using her.

Irrelevant online only pros can play Cetrion. Since she's far from beginner friendly no one plays her. I only fought Cetrion once online

Irrelevant online only pros can play Cetrion. Since she's far from beginner friendly no one plays her. I only fought Cetrion once online

I have a feeling she will be used more and more online as the life of the game goes on. Her zoning and range is stupid good.

Looks like we might get an announcement soon after all...

24o4voh.png

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1132849057444048898

It sounds like they will announce all the fighters and not just one at a time. I'm still betting it will be Shang Tsung, Fujin, Sindel, Cryax, Spawn, and Terminator.