Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I'm breaking my hiatus just for now because I wanna cry lol

https://youtu.be/7tZSHK3XKOQ

This launch trailer is...OUTSTANDING

Man...it looks like a cinematic Armageddon, Sheeva, Cyrax, Sektor, armies against Kronika.

And I wanna cry because I said only Raiden and Liu Kang would be able to defeat her.

BUT THIS???! I'm going to exile happy as fvck. Expectations higher than EVER. Hope they are met!

I've seen LOTS of story content so far and...

It feels not exactly like pure MK... now it's a mix of MK, Dragon Ball and Avengers.

Yes, DRAGON BALL!

Spoiler:
Fusion + Ultra Instict ROTFL

Last edited:
Haven't someone from NRS mentioned that all story mode characters will be playable?

Well according to people that played the game already (and recorded the gameplay) turns out, that... it was a lie?

I mean.. is that surprising at this point? If the very Art Director of NRS says "Disappointed fans? No regrets!" and starts talking about "realism". You can already tell that these guys don't give a shit and will just lie through their teeth.

Also those multiples endings they tried to sell? Literally just two endings. And not Injustice 2 way. It is WIN or LOSE ending. Your choices don't matter in game. Doesn't matter who you will pick to fight. Here it is just... last boss battle. If you win against Kronika, you see one cutscene, if you lose, you see a super short cutscene.

Someone uploaded a youtube video of entire playthrough. Yep. There are non playable NPC chars in story mode. GG. NRS doesn't disappoint with their bullshit lies.

I can say, NPCs not being in the story mode might be the only lie I've ever hoped for next to Ellie not being playable in TLOU.

I've decided not to buy the game full price.
From what I've seen, I wasn't too impressed so far. (Story mode wise nor Gameplay wise, some things still feel clunky)

Last edited:
Nice to see that their bullshit continues.

The launch trailer is very good - and loving the old-school 90s MK theme - but I still don't like the roster.

I might pick it up when it's down to about £20 on the XBL store.

I still don't get why do people care about if they don't show any skin in an MK game? No one is upset over the female characters in Street Fighter and Smash Bros not showing any skin. People should play DOA if they really want a boner when they are playing a fighting game.

And I got multiple reports (For fook sake, why me?) that a lot of PC players starting to feel reaallllly suspicious. It seems NRS even showed off Switch version, but there is not a single word about PC. People attempt to ask both Ed Boon and developers through multiple channels, emails or even official MK discord server, but are met with silence.

I actually tried asking myself 2 weeks ago, on the Discord server while WB staff members were online, but the only responses I got was "we don't have information right now", "We understand you" and "Your complain and worries are understandable" (cause I mentioned that I was burned by MKX).

Ironically enough suddenly some people got amnesia or begun using the tactic "I ate today, so there is no world hunger" in Steam forums of MK11. Now when people mention that there were problems with MKX or even Injustice 2, certain individuals immediately post saying "I played it day one, had no problem. I don't know what are you talking about." And these same people go through every topic that mentions anything about PC quality.

So to put it simply. MK11 so far is like this.

1. Censorship and SJW agenda is real, otherwise we wouldn't have Art Director lying to us through his teeth and treating people like idiots, by claiming that female outfits are more "mature and respectful" and are supposed to be more realistic, "you wouldn't go to a fight in a bikini." and "they are going into a fight to the death, so they are dressed for that", while for some reason majority of males are shirtless or guys like Baraka are rocking Loincloth at best. Not to mention, anyone who knows how an actual fight looks like, can tell that he is full of shit and having less clothing is more practical.

Anyway while outfits aren't as big for me, as I also go for more practical than sexy, I can't help, but be amazed that NRS has the nerve to lie and their Art Director Steve Beran is stupid enough to say this:

"I’m sure that will disappoint some fans. We don’t have bathing suit fighters, and I think that’s fine. If people are disappointed, I don’t regret making that change by any means."

That's really something you shouldn't say to people who buy your games. Especially the ones who are still burned from MKX. The guy is an idiot.

2. Always online/ internet connection required.

So Krypt, customization and certain modes need internet to work. Otherwise you lose access to them. Great.

3. NRS promised that there won't be any non playable NPC's.

Well they lied.

4. Censorship in steam forums.

Even if the person is being completely polite, reasonable and writes a well researched and constructive thread about certain negative MK11 elements (like female censorship). Mods lock down the thread. That though only angered people more, which caused entire Steam Forums of MK11 be spammed with threads about female outfits, double standards or calls for equality. Basically they tried to shut down anything negative about MK11, but that backfired. GG on that part NRS.

5. Microtransactions

What microtransactions have to do in 60$ priced game is beyond me, but again. The defense is "they are for cosmetics alone". Cosmetics are all and good, but that is usually used as an excuse for publisher/developer to throttle the XP/Money gain, so that player would get frustrated enough to spend money to unlock everything faster. This model has been employed many times, by other companies and even MKX had that.

During the launch MKX rewards were boosted for reviewers, but after the launch their lowered them for players.

6. Story mode.

I watched entire story mode on Youtube (this is the most I allowed myself to invest for MK11) and while this opinion here is purely subjective, I have to say this:

At no point during their fan fic, incoherent story, they were close to anything that could be considered as a rational story telling. Things happened, because their happened. Certain segments in the story made you feel, like you missed out 2 games worth of events. For example.

Spoiler:
Tarkatans went completely extinct between MKX and MK11... somehow

Past Jade is in relationship with Kotal Kahn. It just happened. Ok

Kronika and Geras are showing powers that they could use to easily kill all of their enemies, but never use them for that. Turns out Kronika can even teleport anyone at will, no matter where they are... which just begs the question why she doesn't go and deal with defenders. If she is all that powerful and just restart time at her leisure.

Power levels are... or any element remotely necessary to understand who is stronger/weaker is non existent. Greatest foes of MK lore, are downgraded to Reptile level. While random jobbers are running around and killing the most established badass characters.

Speaking of characters. I feel for Noob Saibot fans.

Spoiler:
He receives a Injustice 2 Joker treatment. In and out.

Character "development" is forced and the most insignificant issues are blown out for the sake of Drama.

And as for Frost. Her motivations keep changing to the point that you start asking, what is she even doing here.

Spoiler:
First she is all about "restoring Lin Kuei's honor", as she hates Lin Kuei and Shirai Ryu alliance.

But then later... it is about getting Raiden's attention. Going as far as making it sound that she... had romantic interest in Raiden? At least that's how she sounds.

"You ignored me all my life!"

Point is. The excuse "this is just a fighting game, so story mode is not that important" doesn't work here anymore. It is 2019. They showed off, by claiming that Kittelsen will be one of the writers. Yet, the entire sotry mode is an incoherent mess, with no explanations or buildups. This was one of those times, when comics were really needed. Cause MK11 at no point even attempts to make sense.

And when it comes to ending. Turns out there are 3 endings. But again, the difference is... Mass Effect 3 type of difference. And it seems ending is set by how fast you can beat Kronika (correct me if I am wrong)

Spoiler:
Ending 1. You lose and Kronika is shown to cut Liu Kang's head. Then she says "New Age is coming" and it ends.

Ending 2. You win. Liu Kang kills Kronika, then Raiden appears in human form as he gave his godhood to Liu Kang and they decide to work together to shape the new timeline.

Ending 3. You win. Liu Kang kills Kronika, then Raiden appears in human form as he gave his godhood to Liu Kang. Raiden then tell Liu Kang to get Kitana and says his farewell. Basically same ending, just this time Liu Kang is with Kitana, instead of Raiden.

So at the end of the day, I was right. This was the final game. This was a trilogy. Well pretty much like Deadly Alliance/Deception/Armageddon.

And judging by story quality, I would say that NRS are burned out. So yeah. 25 years of legacy ended on this note. Great. I wish I could refund my time, but sadly I have to deal with this stuff. No matter how much I try to close it off. It seems, I was so deep in MK community, that I have now to deal with people trying sell me this as the greatest game that happened. It is not. At least for me.

You invest years and money being loyal to something and in return you get censorship, actual developers mocking you "Dissapointed? NO REGRETS!" and fan fic level of writing. Seeing your characters being butchered. Literally. I can't even talk about Frost anymore. She got reduced to a head attached to a robot body, that acts like a teenager and throw random tantrums.

NRS. GO F$%^ Yourself.

I still don't get why do people care about if they don't show any skin in an MK game? No one is upset over the female characters in Street Fighter and Smash Bros not showing any skin. People should play DOA if they really want a boner when they are playing a fighting game.

Excuse me. When was the last time you played Street Fighter?

i43m251fp2g01.jpg

Here is a simple thing called "ESTABLISHED FOUNDATIONS".

If you make a first game that let's say has sexual theme and violence. Then it becomes established, as core foundations. People see that, they like it, they pay money and support you, so you can expand, by either making a brand new game or a sequel.

In this case, people invest in a sequel. In a "CONTINUATION" of the franchise they like. Mortal Kombat showed sexually dressed females since inception. Going bolder and bolder. That has been established for 20 fookin years. So now developer decides to change one OF THE CORE established elements. Of course that pisses people off. It isn't just money that they invest. It is their time as well. You know the stuff they can't refund.

Any logical dev could easily solve this, by giving options for both sides. They can give more practical outfits for people like me, while also give sexy outfits for people that enjoy more revealing outfits.

People should play DOA if they really want a boner when they are playing a fighting game.

I stopped taking anyone seriously that keeps using this childish argument. Here is Biology 101.

People like looking at nice things, no boner involved. They like seeing their favorite characters look good. People grew up seeing Jade as this dominant sexy character. Now she is practicing Sharia Law.

Like I said. They could have simply gave two options. And made both sides happy. It is 2019 for Arukrat's sake. But instead, they literally crap on people, while pushing a political agenda.

"I’m sure that will disappoint some fans. We don’t have bathing suit fighters, and I think that’s fine. If people are disappointed, I don’t regret making that change by any means."

Comments like that, don't solve problems. They cause them. Say thanks to Steve Baren for being a complete moron and igniting fires.