Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

But Baraka was meant to be someone of importance. He was the leader of the Shaolin invasion in his debut, he was a general in Shao Kahn's army, Kung Lao's rival, and even tho he was a gameplay punch bag he was a character of some highlight. Even games like MK:SM (even if non canon) showed him as a cruel commander.

Reptile has always been Shang Tsung's errand boy. He's a great character, but I don't see him as protagonist of nothing, so he keeps repeating the same role since MK1. Still, I can agree that NRS makes depth to characters much better these days, and I'm on the "no character is beyond saving" side, so I never bother him coming back. I just mention him because he's still popular, people keep asking him, I always see people wanting him having protagonism of something, but it's a role I don't see fit for Reptile.

And Kano was pretty much rejected next to Kabal, so to me Reptile is on the same.

Nobody remembered Baraka being anything but a massive jobber. I don't think anyone expects Reptile to be a protagonist either. People want him because of great gameplay, cool design and the fact that he's been there since MK1. Plus that kickass theme song. It would be cool if he'd do more than just growl or say one line in Story Mode, but that's just my opinion.

How is he better tha. Reptile??? He doesnt even have his own moveset.

Because he has Reptiles moveset, plus everyone else's. He's a Saurian too. So he can do all of the tongue lashing, face eating, acid spitting that Reptile can do, just with added ice and fire powers

Nah, it's more like why bother putting in a Saurian when you can have Chameleon. I love Reptile, but only because of his style. His story is worse than Kano's. He could easily be replaced by another one in his race, so why not go with the most interesting one?

Rain has to be in. They can't just tease him every single game and the screw his fans

As someone who’s wanted to see Fujin in since 2007 and had him teased 3 times in the last 2 games, I can relate.
12 years feels like too long of a time for him not to be playable.
At least Rain was in MK9.

BruskPoet made an interesting video in which he speculated that Fujin and Shang Tsung might be the secret characters.

Of course Fujin deserves to be in the roster too if not then DLC. I don't know why NRS ignore cool unique characters such as Fujin Rain and Havik

Nah, it's more like why bother putting in a Saurian when you can have Chameleon. I love Reptile, but only because of his style. His story is worse than Kano's. He could easily be replaced by another one in his race, so why not go with the most interesting one?

How on earth is Chameleon more interesting?.... He wasn't even supposed to be in MK:A in the first place, that's how much he sucks. Better put in Khrome instead in that case.

I'm thinking over and over about the info we have been given about Kronika.

It bugs me that she wanted Shinnok to be the ultimate victor. What would she achieve? He would totally merge the realms and the One Being would devour the Elder Gods.

And if she wants to reset time, well, that would only point towards the beggining of everything. Everytime I overthink about this I believe boss Kronika will be One Being something, and that would absolutely fit the "boss of bosses" thing.

But I'm still wondering, despite the lack of info: what woudl she gain with Shinnok winning? There's got to be something more than "balance of good and evil", since Shinnok winning would be end of all things.

Also, bringing back again the truth of death. Killing everybody might have a different perspective now. Because that was his plan, the reality to have an end. With this little information, it seems she's going to just continue his plan, like they were both thinking the same all the time.

I want to bad to play this story lol

Kronika's motivations kinda flip flop depending on what interview you read from, the things they usually say are 1.) She wanted Shinnok to win 2.) She wants to maintain the balance of good and evil for histories sake. One thing I find interesting is that it's pretty much confirmed that Kronika only started caring for what Raiden was doing when he beheaded Shinnok, like apparently that was all it took. On top of that, I read in one interview that part of the reason she's trying to correct things is to prevent the side of good from being fully corrupted into to the side of evil (Dark Raiden, Revenants, possibly other heroes who get roped into Raiden's proactive policy), so what does this really say about her alignment?

Of course Fujin deserves to be in the roster too if not then DLC. I don't know why NRS ignore cool unique characters such as Fujin Rain and Havik

Maybe the demand for post MK3 characters is not as big as we think it is. From what I have seen, most people stop caring about MK after 1996 before MK9 came out. The series being in 3D turn off a lot of people (despite MK4 mostly having 2D gameplay).

As for Rain, I think Ed may not be a big fan of him because we never saw him again in an MK game after MKT until Armageddon. I remember back on message boards during the late 90s, and early 2000s that many fans thought Rain was dead seeing how ending mention that he embarked on a suicide mission to destroy Shao Kahn. Armageddon and MK9 did help him gain a bigger fanbase.

It really seems like Derek is running the MK11 twitter account. It's nothing but memes and unfunny captions over the same 5 gifs of gameplay

Well, outside of gameplay clips of stuff we already saw, the twitter account can't really post cool stuff until the next big reveal, so you can't really expect every post to be winners.

4 days until the next Kombat Kast 8)
I’m hoping that we get more than 1 reveal.
Even with the achievement list being likely, I want to see how some of these characters play out in the actual game, especially if the CET, KOL and TER letters really are indicative of 3 new characters.

Nobody remembered Baraka being anything but a massive jobber. I don't think anyone expects Reptile to be a protagonist either. People want him because of great gameplay, cool design and the fact that he's been there since MK1. Plus that kickass theme song. It would be cool if he'd do more than just growl or say one line in Story Mode, but that's just my opinion.

Nah, I agree, he could do much more than some lines and getting his ass kicked. But what I meant to say is when it comes to Baraka and Reptile, both are jobbers, but Baraka always had some kind of important role. Leader of an invasion, general, arch enemy of Kung Lao, Mileena's toy, even if he's a jobber at the end of the day, he was someone.

Now Reptile is always that servant boy under someone, he never poses as a protagonist of anything, so I usually admire that when the Reptile talks come it's common to have thoughts on what he could do or could be, because differently from Baraka, he has zero vocation. Wouldn't be surprised if he defected to the good side and they eventually found something more interesting for him.

Kronika's motivations kinda flip flop depending on what interview you read from, the things they usually say are 1.) She wanted Shinnok to win 2.) She wants to maintain the balance of good and evil for histories sake. One thing I find interesting is that it's pretty much confirmed that Kronika only started caring for what Raiden was doing when he beheaded Shinnok, like apparently that was all it took. On top of that, I read in one interview that part of the reason she's trying to correct things is to prevent the side of good from being fully corrupted into to the side of evil (Dark Raiden, Revenants, possibly other heroes who get roped into Raiden's proactive policy), so what does this really say about her alignment?

Yeah, she thought things went too far when he was out of picture, but I wonder what would she gain if he had won, beause he would merge the realms, so unless she wants that (and I guess that would reset time), I once again wonder her relation with OB. If turns out she's related as I made a theory some pages ago, I would be sooooooo satisfied on calling her boss of bosses (who knows if she doesn't do what Onaga does in his ending right).

4 days until the next Kombat Kast 8)
I’m hoping that we get more than 1 reveal.
Even with the achievement list being likely, I want to see how some of these characters play out in the actual game, especially if the CET, KOL and TER letters really are indicative of 3 new characters.

Cetkor, Kolal Lahm and Terron Black, they are from the derp realm and got very pissed off when Kronika messed up their timeline :rofl:

Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Raiden
Liu Kang
Johnny Cage
Sonya Blade
Kano
Kung Lao
Kitana
Baraka
Kabal
Jade
Noob Saibot
Rain
Frost
Skarlet
Cassie Cage
Jacqui Briggs
D'Vorah
Kotal Kahn
Erron Black
Geras
New (codename KOL)
New (codename CET)
New (codename TER)
Shao Kahn

This looks like the roster with maybe Shang tsung for Rain or Noob. Looks like a good roster with the exception of Jacqui haha.

Well, outside of gameplay clips of stuff we already saw, the twitter account can't really post cool stuff until the next big reveal, so you can't really expect every post to be winners.

They could do what they did with IJ2 and show off some gear combinations we haven't seen yet