What happens after MKX: Mortal Kombat 11 character Wish List

HOPE THEY NEVER RETURN; Bo Rai Cho / Frost / Kobra / Moloch / Drahmin / Mocap / Jarek / Darrius/ Ferra-Torr/ MEAT

I HOPE THEY SHOULD SIT THIS ONE OUT: Sonya Blade/ Kano/ Quan Chi/ Shinnok

DON'T MIND IF THE ARE IN: Johnny Cage / Jax / Goro / Kung Lao/ Kurtis Stryker/ Sheeva / Sub-Zero / Kintaro / Cyrax / Kenshi / Baraka / Ferra & Torr / Liu Kang / D'Vorah / Mavado (revamped) Ashrah / Hotaru / Ashrah / Hotaru /Shujinko / Onaga / Kombat Kids (Jacqui, Kung Jin, Cassie, Takeda) / Reptile / Noob Saibot / Smoke (NOT cyborg) / Skarlet / Kotal / Nightwolf (revamped) / Kai (very Revamped) / Ermac / Fujin / Reiko (revamped)/ Havik / Shang Tsung / Erron Black / Rain /Sektor (revamped)/ Motaro/ Blaze/ Kira

LOVE IT IF THEY ARE IN: Kitana / Sindel / Jade (Revamped) /Mileena (revamped) / Sareena (revamped) / Tanya / Nitara (Revamped) / Li Mei (revamped)

My turn I guess..
Hope these guys make it in some capacity
Scoripon / Sub-Zero / Fujin!! / Raiden / Lui Kang / Kitana / Sindel / Nitara / Reptile / Tanya / Havik / Sareena / Reiko / Ashrah / Kai / Rain / Smoke (Human & Cyborg) / Baraka / Jataaka / Kia
Shao Kahn (Pre-Order)
Hoping for at least 4 new characters too mostly non human.

Motaro! (Unplayable sub boss or at least involved in story mode)
Unplayable Sub-Boss - New
Unplayable Boss - New

Secret characters
Belokk
Noob Saibot
New?

Don't mind if they are in
Nightwolf / Sektor (Cyborg form only) / Shang Tsung / Tremor / Cyrax (Cyborg form only) / Jade / Goro (Unplayable and only if sheeva or Motaro in) / Sheeva (If Goro, Motaro or other Shokan are in) / Mileena / Li Mei / Shang Tsung / Quan chi / Meat / Kintaro (Unplayable only)

Hope they sit this one out.
Basically NO MKX kids lol
Sonya / Jacqui Briggs / Johnny Cage / Takeda / Kenshi / Kotal Khan / Kung Jin / Kung Lao / Erron Black / D'Vorah / Kintaro / Ermac / Stryker / Ferra & Torr / Skarlet / Kano / Kabal
Shinnok - love this dude but we need a break from him.. the damage was done after he was defeated by a child from a complete asspull.
Jax - In absolute dire need of a break from this dude.

Hope I never see them ever again even if revamped or as NPC.
Cassie Cage / Mokap / Kobra / Dairou / Blaze / Daegon & Taven
No more Zombie or reanimated discoloured heroes controlled by other characters or brainless enemies in story mode!
If I've missed anyone out it means I don't really care enough to see them in MK11 either lol

I hope they are in (aside from ones already leaked by retailers like Sonya, Liu Kang, Sub Zero) and would be fine with them being DLC if not in the main game.

Nightwolf, Noob, Rain, Smoke, Fujin, Cyrax, Sektor, Jax, Kano, Shang Tsung, Goro, Stryker (he was fun to use in MK9) Sindel, Sheeva, Kung Lao, Kung Jin, Takeda, Kenshi, Johnny Cage, Kotal Kahn, Quan Chi, Mileena, Frost, young Shujinko and Onaga.

Need to sit this one out
Tanya, Tremor, Cassie, Jackie, Erron Black and Ermac

Never want to see again
D'vorah, Bo Rai Cho and Motaro.

At this point, I just hope to see Fujin and find out more abour Geras and Kronika.
Everyone else is an added bonus.

I'd love to see all 8 MKX characters returning, as well, but if some don't then whatever.

Everyone has their own taste but I'm surprise how anti Earthrealm characters people are on this forum
The most extreme case is some dude named Sonya Bland, who, if my memory serves correct, hated the very first MK game on the account of being "boring Earthrealm good guy shit", or something to that effect.

That user got banned within a few months.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I probably have an unpopular opinion on the matter, but I don't play MK for the fighting game scene, and as such, there's no such thing as a "bloated roster" to me. There are no characters I mind coming back, and if they could do each character justice, I wouldn't mind the whole roster of characters being playable.

That said, I'd love to see Sektor, Reiko, Smoke, Rain, Jade and Fujin be playable.

Earthrealm characters are definitely my least favorite of the series. I love Mortal Kombat because of demons, cyborgs, gods, lizard people and 4 armed monsters. MKX wasn't the first instance of people hating on human characters either. Even in the sacred trilogy people hate Stryker.

To be fair, that's because Stryker IS boring.
I mean, even Johnny Cage, Nightwolf and Sonya Blade had supernatural powers from the get-go.
In comparison, some dude with a gun, baton and grenades DOES come off as being boring.

What I find amusing it that people complaining about how human/Earthrealm characters in almost every MK games yet some the most popular characters in this franchise are from Earthrealm.

Also if you look at history of this franchise and did the calculations. On average the roster for each MK game had 65-70% human based characters on it.

For me, Personally. It's the presence of other realms in the universe that makes Earth Realm "Boring" or "Average". Even the more Human-like characters associated with other realms are far more interesting IMO. How Edenians live much longer lives in Edenia and how it resembles and depicts the Garden of Eden, and seeing how harsh and dark Out World is and wondering how the residents survive for so long, and these are only the staple realms that we're used to hearing about.

I'm hoping that they introduce more realms or add more to the existing ones, or even have others make an appearance in MK11.

the most extreme case is some dude named sonya bland, who, if my memory serves correct, hated the very first mk game on the account of being "boring earthrealm good guy shit", or something to that effect.

That user got banned within a few months.

Sent from my sm-g892a using tapatalk

lmao i remember that!!!!

I have NO problem with earthrealm characters, I have a problem with the special forces, which happen to be FROM earthrealm, I have more beef with the stupid little children squid actually, I didn't mind Jax and Sonya blade at all, but now they have children and other appealing characters (Kenshi and Cage) even join their forces, becoming some good-guy army fest, which is just NOT mortal Kombat. So yes, I hate the more human characters which fight with GUNS.

And I actually miss Sonya Bland, he/she/it was a fun little troll! Sonya Blade from MKX = a terrible character, so she/he/it/whatever got my vote for the bashing too. Too bad he/she/it didn't hate on Jacqui...
[MENTION=6581]station2[/MENTION] was a far better member than Sonya Bland.

On another note, I'm curious as to how you could possibly remember Sonya Bland if your join date was 2 and a half years AFTER Sonya Bland's last login date, unless you were on another fansite and saw that user there.

6a0c72363eafb19d2f06958c753e71f2.jpg

4a18f721b674e74ec9de0fbd4287cb30.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I also remember a lot of you didnt want to have Sonya Johnny and Cassie in the same game lmao.Y'all were all like "Johnny can sit this one out" and "he'll be a cassie clone" and my favorite was " grrr all of you old people and your nostalgia " I was so glad to see him in MKX .

I have NO problem with earthrealm characters, I have a problem with the special forces, which happen to be FROM earthrealm, I have more beef with the stupid little children squid actually, I didn't mind Jax and Sonya blade at all, but now they have children and other appealing characters (Kenshi and Cage) even join their forces, becoming some good-guy army fest, which is just NOT mortal Kombat.

This is pretty much how I feel about it too. I'm just not interested in SF characters at all and I rather the other heroes do their own thing with their own motivations.

As far as the kombat kids go I don't care for them at all regardless.
(Kung jin is probably the only exception because at least he's got an interesting backstory; history with shaolin monks, other characters, isn't too similar to any of the others etc.... and most importantly voiced by the guy who voiced Ichigo in Bleach so he gets a pass as far as I'm concerned.)

This is my ideal "realistic" MK11 core roster that's a blend between what I want for me, what I think would make lots of other people happy (Fujin), and what I think NRS wants.

Netherrealm

Liu Kang
Kitana
Kung Lao
Smoke/Enenra
Noob
Reiko

Earthrealm

Raiden
Fujin
Kung Jin
Sub-Zero
New Lin Kuei character
Scorpion
Takeda
Kenshi
Johnny Cage
Sonya
Cassie Cage
Jax
Kano
Tremor
New Red Dragon character

Outworld

Kotal Kahn
Shang Tsung
Goro
D'Vorah
Ermac
Mileena
Rain
Reptile

I think that would be a really well balanced and fun roster. Lots of everything for everyone, and enough characters from each faction to keep all the stories moving forward.

All the random niche female characters are a waste of roster space as far as I'm concerned, e.g. Frost, Sareena, Li Mei, Skarlet, Jade. It would take a pretty inspired rework to make me give a shit about any of them.

And while I'm here, I think Nightwolf would make a really sick Netherrealm were-demon wolf monster if he was totally redesigned.

more of the same. There are some good things in there, but mostly it would be MKX all over again.

That's exactly the point.

MK is like a TV show that comes out with a new season every 4 years. Would you want half of the cast of your favorite TV show to change every season? Of course not. So why would you want to completely revamp the MK roster? Unless you totally don't care about the story mode, which is a valid opinion but one I disagree with completely.

I don't want to waste half of the story mode introducing new characters again. I would much rather spend that time being given a reason to give a shit about the characters we already know and love.

If the main heroes weren't such a boring family drama Militairy group I would have agreed with you. But they are, so yeah, I hope the main plot focusses on Outworld or the world of time, away from the stupid earthrealm soap-heroes.

Who said anything about S-F being the main characters of MK11? Just because they're in the story doesn't mean the story has to revolve around them.

Personally I hope the focus of the game is a new tournament that pits Earthrealm, Outworld, and Netherrealm all against each other. It would encourage the S-F characters to take more of a backseat, since the only way they'd be relevant is if they decided to compete (which some might and others might not). And it's been a long ass time since we've had a new tournament.

Confirmed characters that we can select in the roster so far...
1. Scorpion
2. Raiden
3. Sub-Zero
4. Sonya
5. Skarlet
6. Baraka
7. Geras

Characters that are in the trailers and behind the scenes videos (Shinnok is not included because he's been defeated)...
8. Kronika (Final Boss)
9. Kitana
10. Liu Kang
11. Kung Lao
12. Cassie
13. Shao Kahn (Pre-Order Bonus)

My other character predictions and wishlist...
14. JADE
15. Noob-Saibot
16. Rain
17. Tanya
18. Sindel
19. Li Mei
20. Takeda
21. Kung Jin
22. Erron Black
23. Kotal Kahn
24. Sareena
25. Fujin

DLC: Everyone else.

Out of the 7 selectable characters, I'd like to play as Skarlet again since she reminds me of Catwoman.

Last edited: