Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Well in the case of SEGA they just said "Hey we like your work keep it up!" to a fan project, which from what i've read is what the creators said to you but...yeah. Well anyways i'm glad to know that the project is alive, but if it does get completed..due to your previous warning..How could you release it without getting sued...Excuse me if there's a way around it i'm not well versed in the copyright/ Intellectual Property Laws.

*I* couldn't release it. But you never quite know what might leak out without my knowledge or consent.

Jesus. What a beast spec. I assume rendering times are at least 10x faster now? :)

Haha, as part of my refresh of the Palace Gates I was able to get ahold of the original Buddha Statue Lawn Ornament. I took about 60 pictures of it and by using a technique called Photogrammetry I was able create a 3D scan of the statue based on my photographs. The processing time is usually horrendous. Since I'm new to this sort of thing I was watching a youtube video on how to go about using the software. Anyway the guy on the video says, "ok once you hit the render button you'll probably need to come back about 2 hours later to see the result."

I kid you not, 2 minutes and 45 seconds later, it finished. Yeah it's a beast machine. Rendering times went from 6 hours for an HD still in high quality to about 1 minute and 30 seconds. I found out also recently that 3ds Max won't recognize more than 64 cores per machine. I thought that was an interesting bit of info anyway.

Haha, as part of my refresh of the Palace Gates I was able to get ahold of the original Buddha Statue Lawn Ornament. I took about 60 pictures of it and by using a technique called Photogrammetry I was able create a 3D scan of the statue based on my photographs. The processing time is usually horrendous. Since I'm new to this sort of thing I was watching a youtube video on how to go about using the software. Anyway the guy on the video says, "ok once you hit the render button you'll probably need to come back about 2 hours later to see the result."

I kid you not, 2 minutes and 45 seconds later, it finished. Yeah it's a beast machine. Rendering times went from 6 hours for an HD still in high quality to about 1 minute and 30 seconds. I found out also recently that 3ds Max won't recognize more than 64 cores per machine. I thought that was an interesting bit of info anyway.

Oh wow, that is impressive. I remember when I was just getting into 3D a bit more seriously, there was this book I had that had photogrammetry as one of the subjects. Seemed very complicated to pull off, and yeah the rendering times were astronomical. Very cool results though, guy basically turned a bunch of photos of a crane truck in a very detailed 3D model, with textures and stuff. Wonder why this method isn't being used more these days.

Oh wow, that is impressive. I remember when I was just getting into 3D a bit more seriously, there was this book I had that had photogrammetry as one of the subjects. Seemed very complicated to pull off, and yeah the rendering times were astronomical. Very cool results though, guy basically turned a bunch of photos of a crane truck in a very detailed 3D model, with textures and stuff. Wonder why this method isn't being used more these days.

They use that technique a lot in films. There were a few games that used it. I think The Vanishing of Ethan Carter did it and a game called GetEven.

They use that technique a lot in films. There were a few games that used it. I think The Vanishing of Ethan Carter did it and a game called GetEven.

It'd be really funny if you used that technique to finish the character models..Like if you got enough matching pictures of Sonya and you used them to create a detailed model

Last edited:
Haha, as part of my refresh of the Palace Gates I was able to get ahold of the original Buddha Statue Lawn Ornament.

Very impressive you were able to identify this and track it down.

Has anyone made similar progress on identifying or tracking down the old-man-in-robes sculpture that was digitized for the MK2 wastelands?

I've always wanted to see that in more detail, as in photos of the actual, original piece I mean.

latest

It'd be really funny if you used that technique to finish the character models..Like if you got enough matching pictures of Sonya and you used them to create a detailed model

That would be cool. The pictures have to all be shot with the same lighting though or the software can't generate the 3D model.

Very impressive you were able to identify this and track it down.

Has anyone made similar progress on identifying or tracking down the old-man-in-robes sculpture that was digitized for the MK2 wastelands?

I've always wanted to see that in more detail, as in photos of the actual, original piece I mean.

latest

I guess that is a real statue. I'm not sure where it comes from though.

I'm still on it, and it's depressing not to be able to share the progress with everyone. People keep asking me but I can't show anything, hopefully this will change at some point.

Well it's always a great news to know you all keep working on it after all these years. Depressing will be the day you stop doing it.

Anyway, as a fan of this project, I really hope someone hacks your computers and releases everything soon.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

I'm still on it, and it's depressing not to be able to share the progress with everyone. People keep asking me but I can't show anything, hopefully this will change at some point.

Honestly the worst thing that could happen is some asshole stealing your work and putting it in his shitty MUGEN compilation game. Now THAT would be depressing.

Honestly the worst thing that could happen is some asshole stealing your work and putting it in his shitty MUGEN compilation game. Now THAT would be depressing.

Well actually no I think that'd be illegal, and also even if they didnt get into any sort of trouble they would still have to take it down because, lets be honest here this is a pretty popular project obviously SOMEONE would notice its been stolen and share the news till it gets taken down.

Well actually no I think that'd be illegal, and also even if they didnt get into any sort of trouble they would still have to take it down because, lets be honest here this is a pretty popular project obviously SOMEONE would notice its been stolen and share the news till it gets taken down.

Illegal and MUGEN go hand in hand.

Haha, as part of my refresh of the Palace Gates I was able to get ahold of the original Buddha Statue Lawn Ornament. I took about 60 pictures of it and by using a technique called Photogrammetry I was able create a 3D scan of the statue based on my photographs.

Hah! I got that statue too! Nice to see another truly obsessive fan around here.