So I thought about making another Snowman...

whatashame

As the thread states, when I was setting up my first KAK, I considered making another type of Ice Ninja, but I saw only Sub Zero's freeze ball in the special moves list. Am I missing something? No cold shoulder, ice puddle, ground freeze (ala Frost), etc. Did anyone else notice this or did I miss something?

As the thread states, when I was setting up my first KAK, I considered making another type of Ice Ninja, but I saw only Sub Zero's freeze ball in the special moves list. Am I missing something? No cold shoulder, ice puddle, ground freeze (ala Frost), etc. Did anyone else notice this or did I miss something?

Cold Shoulder is there. Just a different catagory.

Right on. I was hoping for a heavy set list of special ice moves, actually. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that thought of creating their own Lin Kuei. But even w/ the cold shoulder as an option, the best you can really do is make an under-powered version of Sub when coming from a special moves perspective. Ah well.

Considering Sub is nearly worthless without specials that makes it impossible to make a good classic sub.

There is some kind of ice move, i think its just a shoulder throw....i forget what it does. I was trying to make a SubScorp character that was half sub-zero and half scorpion. But there is no way to have the spear and snowball freeze :( Anyway, there is a 2nd ice move, but i forget what it does.

Nope, just ice ball and cold shoulder. The real sub has 3 disablers and a rush attack. I can't believe they limit you to 1 each.

I don't like the fact you only get 5 and 1 taunt. Also, you can't pick the directions and buttons to press...

Last edited:
i thought it was only 4 specials and 1 taunt.

but yeah it kinda sucks you cant change the buttons to do the moves. I hate down, up specials, or up, down...i jump too much instead of pulling the move off. Plus i would rather have my moves Forward, Forward and then each of the 4 buttons. LOL

but yeah it kinda sucks you cant change the buttons to do the moves. I hate down, up specials, or up, down...i jump too much instead of pulling the move off. Plus i would rather have my moves Forward, Forward and then each of the 4 buttons. LOL

I agree with you there. It would be nice to assign your own button patterns, but think of the lack of skill it would end up taking to know your character. You'd go online and everyone and their mother would be forward, forward, this and back, back that; it would really take the fun and challenge out of the game entirely. The character I did create, Dante' (named after and me and modelled the same) took me a while to actually get to know and use effectively. At first, I thought to myself, "Great, I created me and I ****ing suck". But, I gave it a chance and now I realize I created one bad mofo. But, back on topic, not having a full range arsenal of freezing special moves blows donkey balls.

Despite the lack of special moves the great kustomization of your fighting styles makes it more than worth it to make a KAK. I just finished my "Tempest Blade" style for Vortex (use a rejected name for a weapon, I thought it was clever). It's all about choosing your style. My blade goes for speed and lots of spinning. Bosses can't take spinning attacks (try taking on Onaga with Daegon and using ONLY his Back B spinny move, you'll win).

On choosing a direction I have to say I never preferred back back or forward forward anything. F, F brings you too close to the enemy leaving you open for a split second and B, B sometimes takes you out of range of a rush attack. I usually go for Back Forward or Down Back if I get the chance.

Oops, yeah 4 specials, I was thinking of the throw.