Armageddon...Canon or Non-Canon?

Outworld Imp

I got Armageddon for my Xbox yesterday and I absolutely love it! There's just one problem with it...the story. Alot was not explained in Armageddon, leaving me puzzled. Here are a few examples...

1. It was never explained how Reptile was seperated from Onaga's body.
2. The game didn't explain how it continued from Deception, as if every Kombatant just popped up and said "Hey lets have a big war and destroy everything!".
3. How did Quan Chi and Shang Tsung return after being killed in Deception?

Another thing...the endings. No I'm not complaining about the Katas, I actually kinda like that, its just...Midway specifically said that all endings would tell if the Kombatant lives or dies. So far I've only seen many endings that conflict with eachother.

So in my opinion, maybe Armageddon shouldn't be considered story-canon.

the endings are what ifs, because pretty much all of them cant be right. Each one says they defeated blaze, and sometimes in rivals one kills another, and in the other ending the other kills the one.

The real issue I think is the Reptile/Onaga one. They NEVER tell you how he got separated! As for bios, there ARE bios. But they are only shown on the trading card videos that only come with the Premium Edition...I know this because of the 4 or 5 cards they released pre-armageddon they narrated their bio paragraph.

I wish a bio was made for every character like they did with Ermac, and after that the character would read his bio. That would be awesome.

EDIT: Oh, 1,000 posts:mrgreen:

In my head, there are no endings. Since this is supposed to be the last game using these characters, and this "tournament" is supposed to decide the fate of EVERYONE involved , then whoever you beat it with decides the ending and fate of all the others. Yes they need to clarify some of the stuff in between Deception and Armageddon, but to me there are no endings other than the one single one we choose to believe.

I think we're just going to have to wait until the next MK game to see what really happens.

Until then it's all guess work on our part.

This is BS. I've been busy lately and haven't had the chance to play very much so all I've seen is Scorpion's ending. All it did was solve one problem and create another! How is that tying anything up? This whole storyline is going to be left for dead I think. This game did nothing to indicate how Deception ended. It's almost as if this game was like a Mortal Kombat Trilogy type of game..ie, canon doesn't matter, just cram in lots of content. Not that I'm complaining...I love the game! The most lacking part IMO though is the storyline, or lack thereof.

I haven't bought the game, but I did read some of the endings. I too am confused. I thought this was supposed to give definitive endings to everyone. What happened here? It doesn't end anything...

It's kind of like the matrix, in that we're supposed to decide for ourselves what truly happens. It's open to interpretation. But I agree with the consensus, it would have been nice if they said "ok...this is what happens to him, him, him, him, him, her, him, her....etc.." and no ending over lapped, everything was definitive, and tied up with a neat little bow. But oh well. What're ya gonna do, ya know?

this is a perfect time for 2 Shaolin Monks style games. One to bridge the gap between Deception and Armageddon and another to bridge the gap between Armageddon and the next title.

I really want to know if there is truth behind Liu Kang's ending and Noob/Sub's.

MK7 Storyline

In my opinion, out of all of the 4 konquest modes in the MK series, Taven's seems like a rush job.

MK4's konquest (Noob Saibot's basically) was the best one, then comes Shujinko, Taven and lastly MK5's konquest mode.

Also, I've only beaten the game with Meat, Goro, Kintaro, Onaga, Shao Kahn, Shinnok, Sereena, Nitara, Moloch, and Havik. Most of those endings were shallow and like "blah"

Shinnok made a clone (how original). Onaga was the only one out of those that appealed to me.

MK7 did not get me that excited storyline wise as opposed to MK5 and MK6 and the rest of the MK series. Also, Blaze being just a creation of Taven's mother??? Among other things.

Gameplay wise I don't really have a problem with.

I think MKA is just Tekken Tag Tournament or MK Trilogy that combines MK4/MKG, MK5, and MK6 into 1 game. Just like MKT had MK1, MK2, and MK3/UMK3.

Meaning that over 50% of this game will be non-canon.

Chameleon shoulda had the special moves of all the male ninjas: Scorpion, Sub Zero, Rain, Noob, Ermac, etc...like in MKT, where when he changes colors he has that special move. So if he turns black then he has Noob's Specials. His fighting stances would not change though.

Last edited: