New Members Welcome Thread

Howdy! I've been a big MK fan since I played the original on my neighbor's Genesis. I fell in love with the series that day and haven't looked back since. The first character I played as was Sub-Zero. Some of my favorite characters (other than Sub-Zero and Scorpion) are Erron Black, Kotal Kahn, Shao Kahn, Reptile, Havik, Kitana, Smoke, Kenshi, Quan Chi and Raiden to name a few.

hi, i'm very new.. i been playing MK9 for a while.. however i need to be ready for MK X, and u need some tips for MK 9 and X, i really want to understand how game works so i need some tips... thanks you!!

Hey all,

Been playing MK since day 1 in the 90’s when it was in the arcades all the way to the present with MK9 on the 360 and even the vita. I’ve played pretty much every MK game there is minus Special Forces Mythologies...sorry not my thing...I’m more of a ninja guy. My fave games of the series so far would be MKMSZ, MKMSM, MK2, MK9 and MKD...I’m probably one of the few people who actually liked MKMSZ and didn’t find it too hard...(once you got the hang of it. lol)

I’m definitely not a hard core gamer where I can compete in competitions but I’m not a casual or noob either. To me, MK is just a fun game with an epic story, unique and interesting characters, awesome game play (Deception and MK9 are my faves gameplay wise) and yeah the fatalities are cool too. (Sub Zero’s Ice grenade and the Freeze Sweep from Deception are my faves so far) Unfortunately, as much as I'd love a PS4 or Xbox One I simply can't afford them as I'm a Dad as well, you know bills and all that jazz...so gonna have to wait for the xbox 360 version and the mobile version of MKX.

Anyway, I love the level of depth in the discussions here and the passion of the members so I thought I’d join in too.

Look forward to talking MK with you

Cheers

Z

Hello everyone!

I'm pretty new to the whole fighting game scene. I've casually played these types of games for years (spamming Johnny Cage in MK:DA was my jam :)), but only recently have I really started to try to learn it. I've tried out Injustice for a while now, since I was enthralled with seeing all the frame rate information and looking up videos on combos. The whole "hold back to block" thing also really intrigued me, since I had never touched Street Fighter. As I started delving more and more into Injustice, I started learning more about fighting games in general, and I saw just how deep it can get and how you can always improve.

So now, I'm avidly awaiting MKX. I came in really late into Injustice, so the online community is just able to wipe the floor with me and I'm not too good. I'm looking to fix that with MKX -- I've been watching streams, checking out all the moves, and I'm really excited! Hopefully by joining this great forum community I'll be able to learn even more and get better.

TL;DR Hello! Fresh face here! Things! Excitement!

Hello everyone!

I'm pretty new to the whole fighting game scene. I've casually played these types of games for years (spamming Johnny Cage in MK:DA was my jam :)), but only recently have I really started to try to learn it. I've tried out Injustice for a while now, since I was enthralled with seeing all the frame rate information and looking up videos on combos. The whole "hold back to block" thing also really intrigued me, since I had never touched Street Fighter. As I started delving more and more into Injustice, I started learning more about fighting games in general, and I saw just how deep it can get and how you can always improve.

So now, I'm avidly awaiting MKX. I came in really late into Injustice, so the online community is just able to wipe the floor with me and I'm not too good. I'm looking to fix that with MKX -- I've been watching streams, checking out all the moves, and I'm really excited! Hopefully by joining this great forum community I'll be able to learn even more and get better.

TL;DR Hello! Fresh face here! Things! Excitement!
An MK game without a block button is a counterfeit MK game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Shit never found this thread. Well better make my late introduction then.

The name is Wade, or in this case it's Swade Wade. Been a fan of MK since sometime around Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 or MK Trilogy along with my brothers. Thing I like about all the MK games is the worlds it carries along with its gameplay, characters, and my favorite part the story. I may not be the best player, but it doesn't hurt to still being a fan of this kickass series they created. As well if you ever want to know my favorite characters, stages, and maybe even other interests just ask. Though sometimes I'm a bit shy on questions.

Hello MK kommunity, I am new here and looking for a MK Community to join. I not just new to this whole kommunity, but the game as well. I wasn't really into Mortal Kombat (not that I hate it), i just didn't play much of it. Actually, the last game owned was MK4 for the N64. I am also looking at getting into fighting games and I brought MKX as a start. As I mentioned earlier, I am a noob right now and I looking at Mastering Jaqui Briggs. So far, I enjoyed the game even though I am not at a pro level by doing pulling out awesome combos. When it comes to gaming, I believe in having fun win or lose and just because i don't do fancy combos like pro gamers do, doesnt mean I suck. It seems like gamers (some;not all) these days, always saying the gamer suck because he or she are not pulling 5 star combos. Out of gaming, I love to read, walk, watch anime, learning languages (so far I am learning Japanese and Italian right now). If ya'll want to add me, my PS user(s) are ZeroDayNoir (main) and xTheSilentMambax (secondary). I will sometimes play on my secondary account, but I dont have PS plus on that account, I but I do on my main. I cant wait to meet new people and having fun (not thinking that i have to pull out 5 star combos to be considered a "good" gamer). Peace

Long time MK fan and lurker here.
Fighting games are my favorite game category -- with the cruel irony that I am not very good at them.
My favorite MK characters are: Mileena, Sindel, Skarlet, Sareena, Tanya (especially her MK4 incarnation), Nitara, Li Mei.

Long time MK fan and lurker here.
Fighting games are my favorite game category -- with the cruel irony that I am not very good at them.
My favorite MK characters are: Mileena, Sindel, Skarlet, Sareena, Tanya (especially her MK4 incarnation), Nitara, Li Mei.

Tanya is one of your favorites?
I already love you. Welcome!

Hey guy thought I'd jump in here and Introduce myself 1st.

Names Brandon I'm new to Mortal Kombat. I Started playing Street Fighter IV about 3 years ago and got hooked. Really loving MKX and learning a new a game :)

Last edited:
I hadn't noticed this thread before. I joined up just recently. My favourite MK characters are... That's too hard for me to answer as there are many great characters in this franchise. My dream is to travel for a living, experiencing different cultures and enjoying the various types of food from around the globe. I also have an interest in Art, and fantasy. Mortal Kombat is brilliant with both.

I'm also a fan of Anime, horror movies and metal music, or music in general really.

It's nice to be here, I hope to make some friends, and abide by the rules to the best of my ability. I've already had the pleasure of meeting Incubus Lord, and a few others who escape me right now.

@ Niddler. Welcome!

Welcome, new members, to TRMK.
I hope you enjoy your time here, especially now with MKX being out. ;)
Thanks, mate. Yeah, the game is great, and the first detailed look of the Kombat Pack has been released now. I started a thread on it, but it was abruptly deleted with no reason specified.

Thanks, mate. Yeah, the game is great, and the first detailed look of the Kombat Pack has been released now. I started a thread on it, but it was abruptly deleted with no reason specified.

Yeah, I'm hyped for the Kombat Pack stuff to come out on May 5th, as well. :-D

As for your created thread, it's possible that it could have been merged or deleted because there was already another existing thread with the very same topic.

Yeah, I'm hyped for the Kombat Pack stuff to come out on May 5th, as well. :-D

As for your created thread, it's possible that it could have been merged or deleted because there was already another existing thread with the very same topic.

I understand. I haven't found a similar thread or have yet to see the post merged with another topic, though I see how that could be possible. I will share the KP details with you in a PM. All it does is give us a look at the finished Predator design, really. Along with the other completed characters.

I guess I should've posted here before I went scrambling through the threads. LOL.

Hello, I'm Korie and I love MK. I really have been an avid fan since I was young; My first MK game was MK Trilogy on N64 and I was probably too young to be playing in the first place lol. I am currently majoring in graphic arts to be able to work in video game design because this game franchise has actually inspired me to get into it as well as wanting to be a novelist as well.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here!~ :D

Sincerely, this smooth geeky broad.

Hi everyone, I'm new.
I was a big fan of MK for years (I still have my genesis copy of Mortal Kombat), right up until MK9 came out. I bought it, but I never really got around to playing it. Not because I didn't like it or anything, it was fun and I liked the story, I was just burnt out I guess.
I recently came back to the franchise because I saw that Tanya and Jason were DLC for MKX, and love both of those characters. It also helped that Fallout 4 got announced and I figured I'd need a PS4 soon anyway, so I got one and MKX for it.
I really enjoyed X, and I liked every one of the new characters, so I guess I'm back on the fanboy train.
And just because I feel like I should mention this: I'm not very good at fighting games in general. I pretty much just play for the story and characters.

Welcome! We hope you enjoy your time here on TRMK, we are a great community with friendly people that just love Mortal Kombat.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk