What are you listening to?

Rammstein - Du Hast (English Version)

Haha, its funny to listen to it, they speak english well, just not with proper grammar. "You Hate Me Just say it, And I did not obey" Pointless lyrics, but its funny.

Prophet said:
Rammstein - Du Hast (English Version)

Haha, its funny to listen to it, they speak english well, just not with proper grammar. "You Hate Me Just say it, And I did not obey" Pointless lyrics, but its funny.

Hes not saying "You hate me just say it", its "You hate me to say, And I did not obey"

and thats not the lyrics to the german version either, its a little different on the english version, the translation of the song from the german version is as follows, and its about wedding vows. granted its a translation from german, so it doesnt follow the poetically like it would in german or the english version

You
you have
you have me
you have asked me
you have asked me and I have said nothing

Do you want, until death seperates you,
to be faithful to her for all days

No

Do you want, until death, which would seperate,
to love her, even in bad days

No

and the english version

You
You hate
You hate me
You hate me to say
You hate me to say
And I did not obey

Will you until death does sever
Be upright to her forever

Never

Will you 'til death be her rider
Her lover too, to stay inside her

Never

undertaker3x7, you're right BUT how "Du hast" is said in the song, it can actually have a double meaning. Check out this link from herzeleid.com http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics/sehnsucht#du_hast

like a said in my "rammstein" topic, haha, this is a good site for translated lyrics AND they give meaning to some confusion to the tranlated lyrics.

And Prophet that song and also the english version of "Engel" do sound funny, er different, but listen to the new song "Amerika" It has an english chorus and it fits VERY WELL.

r0z said:
undertaker3x7, you're right BUT how "Du hast" is said in the song, it can actually have a double meaning. Check out this link from herzeleid.com http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics/sehnsucht#du_hast

like a said in my "rammstein" topic, haha, this is a good site for translated lyrics AND they give meaning to some confusion to the tranlated lyrics.

And Prophet that song and also the english version of "Engel" do sound funny, er different, but listen to the new song "Amerika" It has an english chorus and it fits VERY WELL.

yeah i know, thats why the english version is hate and the german version says prolly have and hate, since the song is a play on german words and german wedding vows