What are you listening to?

Oh my god.. I just found out and I'm heartbroken. I've always loved LP and they got me through some tough times. This is horrible :'(
It gets even sadder. Chester Bennington died on what would have been Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell's 53rd birthday (and Cornell took his own life two months ago).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Yeah I found that out too. Plus, he did a live performance of One More Light dedicated to his late friend Chris Cornell and he started crying and getting choked up. He always was depressed, Chris Cornell's suicide was the final push. So he did it on his friend's birthday. :(

Hate to get all melancholy. Linkin Park was a part of my life growing up and now I'll never be able to see them live. Least I can do is pay respects to Chester and listen to their albums

From what I'm reading, people are so unaware of how serious mental illness is. They're quick to call someone selfish for committing this act..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

From what I'm reading, people are so unaware of how serious mental illness is. They're quick to call someone selfish for committing this act..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
That's exactly what Korn guitarist Brian "Head" Welch did, for example. Not a smart thing to say at all to begin with, especially when you're a public figure and the press picks up on your every word, particularly in the aftermath of something like this.

What I eventually read about this case is, Bennington has contemplated suicide in the past over abuse he suffered as a child, and has battled drug addiction as well. I am almost certain the Chris Cornell tragedy was the final straw that led to this. They were close friends, I even heard one of them is the godfather of one of the other's children, and a recent interview with Mike Shinoda even revealed that Bennington took the loss of Cornell really hard. Then there's the fact that Bennington took his own life on what would have been Chris Cornell's birthday, and in the exact same fashion too, a sad coincidence not seen since Dimebag Darrell was murdered on the 24 year anniversary of John Lennon's assassination.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited: