What are you listening to?

In honor of the late great Antarctic rock 'n' roll space alien Oderus Urungus, the leader of the mighty GWAR!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Today is the 20th anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death and the 12th anniversary of Layne Staley's death. In honor of their memory I will play Nirvana and Alice in Chains/w Layne all day. Starting with this:

and this:

Last edited:
Today is the 20th anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death and the 12th anniversary of Layne Staley's death. In honor of their memory I will play Nirvana and Alice in Chains/w Layne all day. Starting with this:

and this:

April 5 is a rather tragic anniversary across rock n roll. Not only is this the anniversary of Cobain and Staley's deaths, but also for former Sabbath drummer Cozy Powell (1998, car accident), former KISS guitarist Mark St. John (2007, cerebral hemorrhage), and guitar amplifier mogul Jim Marshall (2012, natural causes). Of those 5, only Marshall lived to a natural old age (at 88), while Cobain is the only one of those 5 to be in the 27 Club. Powell was in so many bands that he ended up playing on 66 albums during his career.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As much of a metal fan I am, I have a soft side. "Happy," I have been listening to that song a lot. And I have been hunting down for it on the radio.

Literally, my boyfriend and I were heading to a play together and I said to him, "I wonder if Happy is playing." *Turns to 93.9* "Because I'm Happy!"

I've also been told that I should be recorded when I'm dancing to it. I have the whitest dance.

Love this song. Such great lyrics:

Spoiler:
Unity constructing isolation
Conformity constructing tyranny
Bureaucracy and administration
A new cold wave of anxiety

Head high
March forth
Don't ask
Don't talk
Kneel down
Conform
Decay
Forlorn

Pax Psychosis is just a matter of time
With a cold steel logo pointing to the sky
Free burgers for you, once you've paid the price
Just take in those rules and never ever think twice

A new formed order - So you can sleep tight
Controlling forces - A covert genocide
Populist thinking - So you can rest your mind
Just like we've seen before - yet we ignore the eagle's cries

Head high
March forth
Don't ask
Don't talk
Kneel down
Conform
Decay
Forlorn

Exchange your culture for a Disney smile
Constrict your view for a cheaper petrol mile
Exhume the shame we burden and turn upon the rest
Is this what you want? Is this what you request?

Head high
March forth
Don't ask
Don't talk
Kneel down
Conform
Decay
Forlorn

Reminds me of George Orwell's 1984

This song to me is one of those songs that you can't stand at first, but the more you listen to it, it begins to grow on you. The breakdown at 3:40 ALWAYS has me like

Every time this song comes on now, I always do this little head shuffle dance. I can't help it. It's such a good little breakdown. The second breakdown isn't at good, but it's still a jam.

VIVIsectVI is a really hard album to listen to if you don't have the trained ears for it. When I first got into SP, I stayed completely away from this album except for Testure, but it's really grown on me and it's become one of my top 5 albums of all time.