5 new screens - Motaro with 2 legs

The 7th Number

cdscgi1zv0.jpg

cdscgi2ml0.jpg

cdscgi3lb5.jpg

cdscgi4nm5.jpg

cdscgi5su5.jpg

Damn man, Motaro with only 2 legs? Ill say those legs look cool, but still. WTF? How do you explain that?

Re: 5 new screens - Motaro with 2 legs!!!

Bwaaaaaahahahahahaha. The MK staff is so....... lol, I'll remain silent.
Now motaro is a Minotaur? still, he looks great, but,...talk about a extreme makeover!?!?

Weird, I've know Skink's can drop their tales so maybe Centuars can drop legs?

Weird, I've know Skink's can drop their tales so maybe Centuars can drop legs?

Doubt it dude, but nice one. hahah. Welcome to the forums by the way;)

Everyone over at the Midway boards are tottaly freaking out over the Motaro issue. I'm dissapointed, but this is the only way Motaro can be in MKA (playable atleast). If the sacrafice of two legs makes him playable, go for it. This makes me want to play as him first for Arcade Mode to see his ending. Hopefully something explains his lost apendages.

Actually, I think he looks pretty kool. no one likes the bracelets either, I like them a lot.

The other pictures are lookin pretty good, but people are *****ing over that too. They are low res, and people think that's how MKA will look in-game. It's not true.

I'm pretty happy with this update. The pictures aren't too big of a deal, but the Motaro one looks kool.

yeah those people over at midway are saying they wont buy the game over motaro having only 2 legs. LOL Morons. Its not THAT big of a deal. I just hope they explain it in his story, hehe. I would rather him be in the game with 2 legs then with 4 legs and useless because it dont work, or not in the game at all. People should realize they WOULD have made him with 4 legs but it obviously didnt work right so they made him with 2 legs. Fine with me.

Doubt it dude, but nice one. hahah. Welcome to the forums by the way;)

Yeah thanks. I don't actually mind, Motaro still looks tough to me, that's all that matters. I think he would've been too big and clunky as a proper Centuar. Outworld's full of socerers and stuff so to me it's magic.

Huh, that's kinda lame. Oh well, Motaro isn't really one of the top draws for me in regards to this game, anyway. I just wonder how the hell they'll explain him no longer having the body of a horse.

Damn man, Motaro with only 2 legs? Ill say those legs look cool, but still. WTF? How do you explain that?
What fuking shit!@ What the hell was Boon thinking? That is the most retarded thing I've seen yet in an MK game. Even more ridiculous than Mokap. I will tell you how I would explain this, 7th. They have destroyed Motaro. Now he is a a Satyr crossed Minotaur.

BOON IS A LAZYASS PIECE OF SHIT@!

That's how I explain it, man. Motaro is a Centaurian not a two legged halfwit. And the reason they have done this is so they can incorporate him into the KAK mode, I feel sure of it. That plsu the fact that he can't use aa 4 legged creature in his new aerial combat feature.I can't wait to see what his dumbass end story is?!

"Motaro was captured and had his ass removed" The end.

BOON, YOU SUCK!! Congrats on destroying a fantastic creature due to your lazy unimaginative inabality to go the extra mile and make the effort to make it possible to be able to edit/create Centaurians in the KAK Mode. Motaro was one of my favourite MK characters ever, due to his sheer freakiness level, now he officially sucks. What next I ask you, a two armed version of both Goro and Kintaro?? Lame!@

I'll say it again...YOU SUCK, BOON:reddy:

Last edited:

Everybody is focusing on the Motaro picture which I must say I have mixed feelings about. He looks amazingly cool and I love the way he looks, but he's not Motaro anymore. On the other hand I am much more excited to get a good look at Taven's other armor. That armor gives his so much more originality than that crappy black cloth getup he had before. And the glimpse of some Konquest enemies is great.

What fuking shit!@ What the hell was Boon thinking? That is the most retarded thing I've seen yet in an MK game. Even more ridiculous than Mokap. I will tell you how I would explain this, 7th. They have destroyed Motaro. Now he is a a Satyr crossed Minotaur.

BOON IS A LAZYASS PIECE OF SHIT@!

That's how I explain it, man. Motaro is a Centaurian not a two legged halfwit. And the reason they have done this is so they can incorporate him into the KAK mode, I feel sure of it. That plsu the fact that he can't use aa 4 legged creature in his new aerial combat feature.I can't wait to see what his dumbass end story is?!

"Motaro was captured and had his ass removed" The end.

BOON, YOU SUCK!! Congrats on destroying a fantastic creature due to your lazy unimaginative inabality to go the extra mile and make the effort to make it possible to be able to edit/create Centaurians in the KAK Mode. Motaro was one of my favourite MK characters ever, due to his sheer freakiness level, now he officially sucks. What next I ask you, a two armed vesion of both Goro and Kintaro?? Lame!@

I'll say it again...YOU SUCK, BOON:reddy:

Wow..you sound like those people over at midway. Yeah its not Motaro of old, and its hardly a centaurian, but hey its good enough for me. I dont think its them being lazy, i just dont think his original body would work well in the game. Instead of cutting him out of the game completely, they improvised and gave us what the fans cried for in the begining, Motaro. I think you should at least be happy he is in the game. I think they would have put him in with 4 legs if it actually worked well, but it didnt, so instead of deleting him they just cut 2 legs off and left him in. Maybe its some form of Mortal Kombat Evolution...in a backwards kind of way...lol

BTW...can someone confirm for me...i could have sworn Motaro only had 2 legs when he appeared in Deceptions konquest, and Kintaro only had 2 arms. Am i right? I am talking during gameplay, not in loading screen art.

Wow..you sound like those people over at midway. Yeah its not Motaro of old, and its hardly a centaurian, but hey its good enough for me. I dont think its them being lazy, i just dont think his original body would work well in the game. Instead of cutting him out of the game completely, they improvised and gave us what the fans cried for in the begining, Motaro. I think you should at least be happy he is in the game. I think they would have put him in with 4 legs if it actually worked well, but it didnt, so instead of deleting him they just cut 2 legs off and left him in. Maybe its some form of Mortal Kombat Evolution...in a backwards kind of way...lol
So now your calling me an Idiot, huh? You yourself stated not long ago on this board "Those fuking Idiots over at the Midway forums" You are now comparing me to them as far as I can see. And in my eyes, that means you are saying that I am an Idiot. Motaro is a Centaur, not a Satyr, man. And you say it's good enough for you. That is because you don't have a choice in the matter. If he had 6 legs, you would have to accept the radical changes whether or not you agreed or disagreed with them.

They are being lazy. And I am not happy at this news. As I stated before, Motaro is one of my altime favourite MK characters. Let's say they took your altime favourite player and butchered them. You wouldn't be happy. Oh yes, that's right, you would say "but hey it's good enough for me" and "at least they are in the game"

Who is your favourite MK character?

And you are lead programmer for the MK team, are you? How could you know what would possibly work and what wouldn't, man? Sure, they probably tried and tested Motaro with 4 legs and then gave up or didn't see it as feasible. But I am still sorely disappointed at this news. I was not expecting this. But I knew deep down that somehow Motaro would be somehow anally raped just to include him in this game.

If you don't like my comments, then tough cookies. I am entitled to my opinion. On another note, I imagine he would still have alot of his original moves....maybe.

I wasnt saying you were an idiot like those over at midway, but they are going nuts and saying the same things you said. I dont think you are an idiot at all, just a big fan of motaro. But think about it man. Its pretty obvious they wanted to add Motaro, and its pretty obvious the 4 legs didnt work. Otherwise he would have 4 legs in that screen shot. There is no reason to believe otherwise. They wouldnt just chop up a character for no reason, im pretty sure it just didnt work right, but they still wanted him to be in the game....because thats what the people were crying about.

I wasnt saying you were an idiot like those over at midway, but they are going nuts and saying the same things you said. I dont think you are an idiot at all, just a big fan of motaro. But think about it man. Its pretty obvious they wanted to add Motaro, and its pretty obvious the 4 legs didnt work. Otherwise he would have 4 legs in that screen shot. There is no reason to believe otherwise. They wouldnt just chop up a character for no reason, im pretty sure it just didnt work right, but they still wanted him to be in the game....because thats what the people were crying about.
Yeah well you know me well enough by now to know that I speak my mind for the most part. Rest assured that I am not pissed at you, man! However, this news has really riled me up! Like I said earlier, I knew that something horrendous like this would be revealed soon. I had a gut feeling about it.

Maybe we can stick two Motaros together and then he'll have 4 legs? :mrgreen:

Also, this raises another point. Now that he is bipedal, will we be able to make him in the KAK mode. And what about the Shokans?

Hmmm....

BTW...can someone confirm for me...i could have sworn Motaro only had 2 legs when he appeared in Deceptions konquest, and Kintaro only had 2 arms. Am i right? I am talking during gameplay, not in loading screen art.

I just wanted to bring that Question back up..... anyone know?

Uhm.. don't you guys think for a minute that this isn't "officially" Motaro, but rather something that someone put together in KaK mode? Uhm Hello?

i dunno, MKO got them from Midway. Plus Cinder posted a topic saying it might be told in his story how he lost 2 of his legs.

motaro had 4 legs in deception when he appeared.

im with chief on this. they have taken a character and completely annihilated his look. it would be like putting a dress on scorpion or a fridge on sub-zero's back. its just not done.

now they've taken a 4 legged character and made him with 2 legs. so far as we know this is the official look of him ok? i dont believe its a KAK, and if so great i'll be happy. but you have to remember motaro has a storyline as a centaur, a 4 legged beast. how the HELL are midgay going to explain how he lost half his ass?

Midway don't owe anyone an explaination, dude. As far as they're concerned, it's "Our Way Or The Highway" we have no say in the matter. A million good things that they've included into MKA that fans have yearned for over the years don't atone for one maior FUKUP on their part! Not by a long shot. It's like saying, we have Motaro in the game but we screwed him up totally becuase we were too busy coding Motor Kombat instead. It doesn't matter to them because people will just overlook this issue and play the damn game regardless.

Imagine what all the Scorpion fans would say if Boon removed the his harpoon? Heaven forbid, you can't do that. It would destroy the character completely. I am Boon and I am God. So grin and bare it. What I say goes. Motaro looks gay with two legs and that's all their is to it. We already have over 60 bipeds, so why not add one more? Great character diversity, Boon. Or should I say "BOOB"?

Meh... I'll play MKA, but I won't forget about this in a hurry.

Last edited:

So im guessing you would rather be pissed if they didnt put him in the game then to have him in the game with only 2 legs? Why cant he be a 2 legged centaurian? Maybe someone did a magic spell on him, or he got stuck in a deathtrap and lost a couple leggs. I cant believe you guys are getting so upset over this. Sure its crazy, but still its just a game and he is gunna die anyway in the game probably. Like i said before, im sure they wanted to put him in the game with 4 legs but for some reason it didnt work. Its not that Boon is lazy, or an idiot, its just that it didnt work. Why else would they remove his legs?