Forum Issues

ChiefThunder

Over the last few weeks I've been getting alot of problems logging in, staying logged in and I'm also getting logged out in the middle of posting a message. Not to mention the fact that almost everyday at some point or another I can't even get the TRMK forum index page to show. It just sits there and won't even load and for upwards of an hour at times. I know for a fact that other members, The Phenomenal One, Foot of Sticky Tape and Umon Dioske all have commented to me about at least one of the above issues.

What gives?

Another thing involves the below message I get at least once a day after I make a post. I get that, then lose my reply and have to start over. Very annoying to say the least, especially when making involved posts. Infact this very topic I made last night and lost it after 15 minutes of composing a bigass post, it was alot more detailed than this post is. I hit backspace to no avail. I lost it. I then decided to try again. This time I copied it a backup text document. Lol [just incase]

"Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

What does that above message mean?

Lastly, Why is it that when I do get logged out all of the time not by choice, I go back to the default forum skin? I have mine set to the TRMK Klassic all the time. The best skin available here, by the way. To give you an idea. I may visit the forums for about 2 hours or less and during that time I get logged out ALOT! Most of the time my page goes stale and I have to close off the window then open up TRMK again only for it to stall again.

Anyone else get any similar issues as I have outlined above? I have no clue as to what is causing this. I go to many other sites and forums and never ever have had this problem. But, this is the only V-Bulletin Board I visit. Can that have anything to do with it maybe?

Suggestions, help?

Last edited:
Yeah i get some of that dude, as you know.

I am always logged on, so i never have any problems with that, but sometimes it takes soooo long for the pages to come up, i just give up and think **** this.

Another thing that happens to me is when im posting a reply, i hit post quick reply, and underneath the box, it says posting quick reply, but it just stays like that, my reply doesnt come up.

Im always on the default skin, as this is the one i prefer, and i never experience problems with me getting logged out during posts.

Yesterday also, i tried to get onto the index, and it came up a big long message saying:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator,
webmaster@forums.realmmedia.com and inform them of the time
the error occurred, and anything you might have done that
may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the
server error log.

Havnt a clue what that was about, but it wasnt the first time it has happened to me

The Phenomenal One said:
Another thing that happens to me is when im posting a reply, i hit post quick reply, and underneath the box, it says posting quick reply, but it just stays like that, my reply doesnt come up.
I also get that all of the time, dude.

As for the big error you outlined, I get that about once a week. Dunno what that means. I know with my Phpbb forums if they were backing up, I would get that sorta message for only a short period of time.

I get it quite a lot. Its happened once already today, hence the reason i managed to copy and paste it.

Another thing, when i click into threads(and it does actually load) sometimes i cannot see any pictures. This includes sigs, avatars, and posted pics. It sometimes has nothing there, but then when i click back into the same thread later, i can see all the pictures. I dunno if thats the forum playing up, or my computer, but it starts to get rather annoying after a while.

A lot of these issues you are mentioning stem from our MySQL server instance being overloaded. We've talked to our hosting service numerous times and today they've finally agreed to move us to a server with less load on it. I'll let you know when we do move and then you can see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks for your patience.

yeah you arent the only ones. Sometimes i cant even get to the site. Or pages will take 5 minutes to load. It sometimes is very frustrating.

i get allyour problems daily, too. like getting an error just when i attempt to go on this site, or the forums. and all of cheif's problem's minus the skin thing. but hopefully things should improve.

I only had problems with the main page coming up, the server gets really slow, especially early in the morning sometimes. Other than that it works fine.

Your skin and logout problems sounds like a firewall or cookie setting Chief. Are you sure you have cookies allowed from this site and the "log me in automatically" box checked?

I've had the slow forum or no forum problems as well. We've been keeping the admins abreast of the situation and it sounds like hopefully they'll be getting somewhere with this server change.

I have a hell of a time just getting logged in. Most of the time it takes about ten minutes and all I get is the page can't be displayed message. It's irritating.

Ive had a severe problem getting on this morning, its taken me near 40 mins just to get this far. The index just refused to load, with the page cannot be displayed message you speak of jade, appearing 3 or 4 times. Roll on the new servers guys:)

K1LLKANO said:
Your skin and logout problems sounds like a firewall or cookie setting Chief. Are you sure you have cookies allowed from this site and the "log me in automatically" box checked?
Yup!

Thanks for your response, Jeff. On a side note, does anyone ever get this crap?! Once again, I only get this at TRMK. I guess there are Gremlins loose either in my PC or at TRMK. Lol.

Clip_2.jpg

Nah dude, i get that too, but it doesnt bother me that much, i get it on loads of sites, so i just click yes...hmm, i was wondering how i got all those viruses:hmmmm: :hmmmm:

Is there any possibility of at least being able to lengthen the amount of time we have to be inactive before automatically getting logged out? It gets to be a bit of a pain in the ass when I log in, the site freezes, and then I've instantly lost track of the new posts since my previous visit and I have to go through and look at the date and time on each thread to see if there have been any new posts. Honestly, that's been a problem for me even when the forum does work fine, because I often spend 20 minutes or more typing up a post (I'm a tad obsessive-compulsive) only to find that by the time I send it I've been logged out and have to manually search for new posts again.

The 7th Number said:
i dont use IE, i use Firefox.
I use both IE and FF, and at the same time, dude. But for some reason, I don't like browsing forums with FF. And that doens't explain why this is happening.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
Is there any possibility of at least being able to lengthen the amount of time we have to be inactive before automatically getting logged out? It gets to be a bit of a pain in the ass when I log in, the site freezes, and then I've instantly lost track of the new posts since my previous visit and I have to go through and look at the date and time on each thread to see if there have been any new posts.
I feel your pain. And here I was thinking that I was the only one in this predicament.

Just an error in scripting for that message, usually doesn't bother me but since I got XP and all these new firewall settings for the cable internet, I never see them.

Whenever the site doesn't load I just wait an hour and sometimes when I want to get on it works.