Official Street Fighter Thread

If Capcom doesn't want to do SFvMK then at least to guest costume downloads with each others games...

Sagat in a Shao Kahn costume...

Lol, how many games were supposed to kill SFV already? I lost count. I think you need to realize that people who dont like SFV have already gone, the ones that are still playing the game arent gonna go nowhere now that the game is entering its end of life cycle. There are more SFV players on steam than DBFZ and the newly released SC6. Its the game with the most entrants in pretty much all the big tournaments. SFV aint gonna go nowhere just cause MK11 is out. In fact what I hope is for MK11 to last more than 2 freakin' years for once and not fizzle out once an Injustice game is released.

Lol, how many games were supposed to kill SFV already? I lost count. I think you need to realize that people who dont like SFV have already gone, the ones that are still playing the game arent gonna go nowhere now that the game is entering its end of life cycle. There are more SFV players on steam than DBFZ and the newly released SC6. Its the game with the most entrants in pretty much all the big tournaments. SFV aint gonna go nowhere just cause MK11 is out. In fact what I hope is for MK11 to last more than 2 freakin' years for once and not fizzle out once an Injustice game is released.

That's Netherrealm's fault...

That's Netherrealm's fault...
More like WB's fault. At least assemble another team to handle Injustice. If Namco Bandai can support two fighting games simultaneously (spoiler alert; they're doing that as of October 19th of this year), so can WB.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

SFV was actually supposed to compete with MKX. But that competition, was like watching two guys tripping on each other.

MKX had one of the shittiest launches, it literally almost got killed by it too. It reached 13k players, only to immediately drop below 2k, cause game was unplayable on PC for most of the people. But once they started fixing stuff and cleaning up the shitshow they caused, NRS dropped ANOTHER bombshell with no PC Support for KP2. So SFV comes in at the moment, MKX is at its lowest on PC. SFV works... but has absolutely no content, while MKX has tons of content and actually has system to punish ragequitters, but in return it has technical issues and no PC Support. So it was literally... the competition of who will screw themselves faster.

At present SFV has already fixed some mistakes (2 years after) and in return created a strong foothold and while a lot of people would agree that SFV is definitely worse than SF4, (gameplay and feature wise), it isn't so bad, that MK11 would be able to inflict damage to its rooted community. It is pretty much composed of SF loyalists or just casual players, that don't wanna jump games.

At this point, MK11 would have to be some sort of miracle to even dream of inflicting damage on SFV. Don't forget that they have to restore their reputation. Especially on PC platform. MK11 is under magnifying glass right now, so if they mess up their launch again, like they did in 2015... well... at that point, MK11 will have bigger problems than competing with SFV. It will need to figure out, how not to die on their first month.

SFV was actually supposed to compete with MKX. But that competition, was like watching two guys tripping on each other.

MKX had one of the shittiest launches, it literally almost got killed by it too. It reached 13k players, only to immediately drop below 2k, cause game was unplayable on PC for most of the people. But once they started fixing stuff and cleaning up the shitshow they caused, NRS dropped ANOTHER bombshell with no PC Support for KP2. So SFV comes in at the moment, MKX is at its lowest on PC. SFV works... but has absolutely no content, while MKX has tons of content and actually has system to punish ragequitters, but in return it has technical issues and no PC Support. So it was literally... the competition of who will screw themselves faster.

At present SFV has already fixed some mistakes (2 years after) and in return created a strong foothold and while a lot of people would agree that SFV is definitely worse than SF4, (gameplay and feature wise), it isn't so bad, that MK11 would be able to inflict damage to its rooted community. It is pretty much composed of SF loyalists or just casual players, that don't wanna jump games.

At this point, MK11 would have to be some sort of miracle to even dream of inflicting damage on SFV. Don't forget that they have to restore their reputation. Especially on PC platform. MK11 is under magnifying glass right now, so if they mess up their launch again, like they did in 2015... well... at that point, MK11 will have bigger problems than competing with SFV. It will need to figure out, how not to die on their first month.

This post reminds me of the years from 1991 - 1995 between the MK & SF franchise; because that is what it looks like!!!

This post reminds me of the years from 1991 - 1995 between the MK & SF franchise; because that is what it looks like!!!

Nevermind I take back, what I said. SFV is dead. No need for MK11. These dumbshits, decided to dig their grave even further.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/12/10/street-fighter-v-ads-reward-players/

The game is already having issues as it is, but nooooo. Let's add IN GAME ADS!

Yeah sure, they are "optional", but then you don't get fighting money, and the usual reward system sucks, so they are literally trying to sucker people in, by dangling additional FM.

Sooo... the SFV.

Welcome to the future of gaming boys.

20181211235611_1.jpg
20181211235619_1.jpg
20181211235624_1.jpg
20181211235626_1.jpg
20181211235758_1.jpg

The ads are AUTOMATICALLY set to ON. Obviously.

But you can turn them off!... You just not gonna get the benefits of those ads.
Oh ok. So negative reinforcement.

Now let's talk about this magical BONUS thing. How much do you get, from making yourself look like a billboard? 100+?50+?25+? Nope. You get... WHOLE 12 Fight Money! So overall they increase the laughable payout in SFV ranked matches to 62 FM. Awesome. This game is dead.

I really spoke too soon. Another fighting game bites the dust.

Just lovely... how much nerve they have to do that shit, to people who paid 60 f$cking dollars/euros? Only to get limited roster, laughable currency system, additional characters legit hidden behind paywall, as 2000 wins for one character? Yeah. Thanks, but no. I like playing, but I got shit to do as well.

So... I guess... what to play?

Last edited:
The logo placements are even more obnoxious than the Red Bull costumes that was previously available. If you are playing in a set of 3, it seems that the bonus will only be applied after the first match. Product placement/advertising is nothing new to video games, even for retail games. However, the way Capcom is implementing it is way too distracting.

I'm normally not one to complain, but the choices Capcom have been making in regards to this game have been horrible. If it wasn't bad enough that they got rid of the FM rewards for clearing a character's trials and Survival modes, they now reduced the FM you get from clearing the Extra Battles as well as reducing the amount of tries you get.

Each week there was a set of missions and one of them required a certain task on a certain stage that would give you 2500 FM. That's now gone and is replaced with something that only gives you 50 FM.

I'll get an arcade stick and the 30th anniversary for the Nintendo Switch. It's kind of a shame that I feel all old fighters are better than all new ones, but I have no one to play the classics with offline. For online, there's too many rage quitters in there, where people prefer to have an extreme lust for winning over improving, which will not likely they will find their ideal selves in the game they play.

I lost interest of Street Fighter 4 in a couple of months after it's release, but if the company decides to port the 5th to my system, then I'll give it a try. It seems that after all I would need to go back to tournaments so my interest can have long term duration. It's been 18 years on the subject and the the scene now are amusing to watch.

To have an healthy interest in Street Fighter or other fighting games, I use everyone, preference is random select.

Last edited: