Official Street Fighter Thread

Like I said before, I wish they'd stop adding old characters and think of some decent new ones. Rose isn't even an interesting character. And seeing as it's set between 2 and 3, a few SFIII fighters would be nice, like Q or Alex. It just seems like Capcom is trying to use as little effort as possible. Dan? DAN? Why?

Like I said before, I wish they'd stop adding old characters and think of some decent new ones. Rose isn't even an interesting character. And seeing as it's set between 2 and 3, a few SFIII fighters would be nice, like Q or Alex. It just seems like Capcom is trying to use as little effort as possible. Dan? DAN? Why?

Well we could say the same for characters like Johny Cage and Cobra...

or 90% of the characters introduced in the 3d MK's, but thats still not the point.

I understandwhat Goraka is saying, but I personally LOVE the Alpha series, so adding Rose is good,but there is still other characters I'd rather see instead.

You're right, we could. And neither are in the latest MK are they?

Even so, at least the MK characters have changed in appearance and fighting style. What we have here are the same characters looking exactly the same doing the same moves that they've been doing for the last 18(?) years. I mean, it'll be a good game, but we know that because in essence we've already played it. None of the new characters seem interesting enough to play as, so in what way does it warrant a £50 or $60 purchase? I'll get it because I do love Street Fighter, but until it gets below £20 I'll play either 3rd Strike or HSFII on my XBox.

Rose is in now too? Wow, this just keeps getting more and more insane.

This is the only screen I've seen of her. I yoinked it from another forum:

90409xm1.jpg

hey Ryno, check this out:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7eceq_street-fighter-iv-ps3-gameplay-game_videogames

Update for SF fans:

Street Fighter IV will hit North America for 360, PS3 and PC on February 17, 2009. The rest of the world on Feb 20th.

also....Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix will hit XBLA & PSN on Thanksgiving, November 27, 2008.

Dont forget to check out the official Capcom store only on PSN ;)

SSF2T HD Remix early release!

Instead of releasing the day of Thanksgiving, HD Remix will be available a few days early according to the official Capcom blog... The long awaited remake of SSF2 Turbo will drop on PlayStation Network November 25th, 2008; and Xbox Live on November 26th, 2008!

A good reason to be thankful indeedy :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

sthd_psn.jpg

sthd_xbla.jpg

Last edited:
The thing is, I can't stand arcade sticks anymore than the crappy D-pad on the 360. My personal favorite D-pad was the Sega Genesis. It was responsive and easy to not mess up on. I'd rather have a good D-pad for my 360 than an arcade stick.

Know anything like that Tim?

The thing is, I can't stand arcade sticks anymore than the crappy D-pad on the 360. My personal favorite D-pad was the Sega Genesis. It was responsive and easy to not mess up on. I'd rather have a good D-pad for my 360 than an arcade stick.

Know anything like that Tim?

Look for the SF4 pads coming out from Mad Catz early next year. They are making the pads, a entry level stick and a high grade (pricier too) stick for SF4.

Lemm find a pic, if i can.

Edit: ok, here is the pics I found of the NEW pads anf sticks:

0909080012.jpg
0909080013.jpg

0909080011.jpg
0909080010.jpg

0909080014.jpg

Let me see what else i can find ;)

Edit2: Ok, I cant find any close up pics of the SFIV pads, but i am assuming they will look similar to the SF Anniversary pads for PS2 & Xbox 180 (hehe).

1.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm...well that looks good that SF Anniversary pad. But Madcatz isn't exactly known for quality now is it?

They have a solid line of 360 wired pads, with the cross d-pad a la Nintendo. Along with other accessories that I have used that have gotten ALOT better.

Capcom wouldnt let just ANYONE make SF licensed pads ;)

Yeah what is SF without Ryu and Ken?
They won't kill Ryu to put him back in another game as undead cause they reallized they shouldn't killed him

and making comparasion of SF with other fighting games is worthless since every fighting games that came out after were all based on SF

And the new characters are cool except for the big one (I don't remeber his name but he's ****ing ugly)
Would be nice to have Doctrine Dark again