Official Street Fighter Thread

I saw it, it was really cool. I hope it has the same type of art effects in gameplay as it did in the trailer. Its about time they went ahead and moved on and made a new game. As for who i want in it...well everyone from the originals...ken, ryu, zangief, honda, chung li, vega, sagat, bison, balrog, dahlsim, Blanka, and my favorite Guile. Throw in Cammy, Dee Jay, Fei Long, and T. Hawk. Of course Akuma even though i never played with him. I left the street fighter series before they added him into the games. Also add Felica just for fun. ;)

Street Fighter Alpha 3>>>>> The rest of the games.

I really hate Street Fighter EX3. The 3-D gameplay is horrible.

I quite liked the SFEX series, although the first one is by far the best. I know they aren't canonical, but I'd like to see characters like Blair and Garuda make a return in SF4. But, I've never played anything to do with Street Fighter that I didn't like, so I'm pretty much guaranteed to love this

I never played any SF games past SFII: Turbo for the SNES/Arcades. I was never as much of a fan of them as I am of MK. Didn't care much for the story, but I understand the story got deeper after SF2.

I still haven't got a clue about the story. Same with Tekken. I dunno if it's the western thing, but MK was far more accessible that way. As long as I can remember I've been making MK fan fic and fan characters. I invented Goraka when I was like, 10 or somethin. Granted, back then he was Baraka and Sheeva's son, but that was retarded so I changed the back story a few years later. The point is, for at least 15 years I've been able to grasp the story and follow it, and after 15 years plus of Street Fighter and 10 years plus of Tekken, I still don't know what's going on.

Well, some games have a good story, some have good gameplay. And great games have both. Soul Calibur has a fairly accessable story, you just have to know what's been called canon from the previous one after each new game comes out. Like, SCII's story was a total cliffhanger, because you didn't know who won. But when SCIII came out, you finally understood all that happened in SCII because the stories were set straight. I've never understood the SF story. As far as I can tell it's a bunch of fighters...from the street...who all have their reason to either fight M. Bison, or follow M. Bison. Really basic.

Ok I might get flamed for this but...am I the only one that thinks they havn't updated the look of SF like AT ALL since it began? All the characters still look exactly the same...and that was great for the 80's but styles have changed I need more spice than that.

I agree. I'm not too happy about the whole being set before 2 and 3 thing either. Just seems like an excuse to rehash old characters and not move on at all. At least give them original alternate costumes or somethin, like KOF did in Maximum Impact

Here are some SF4 arcade screen shots. An SF4 cabinet will be play tested in San Francisco next week!!!!

syuzai03.jpg

pure4_1.jpg

syuzai06.jpg

Re: New street fighter 4 gameplay videos!!!

You should have just posted this in the existing "all things SF4" thread.

Well the gameplay looks solid...but very "safe". I mean to say, it looks like same-old same-old. I know games like Soul Calibur and Tekken do that sort of thing too...but somehow it seems different with this one. I'm still bugged by how old all the costumes look. Great for the 80's, but we've got more style in the new millenium. The new guy in blue...I don't like his look at ALL.

That Abel guy... wow. He looks like he's wearing children's clothes. Not attractive at all. Still can't wait for this though.