Official Street Fighter Thread

I was out i was camping during the week and the GREATEST game they had at the arcade(SF Alpha 2) was (surprisingly)untouched when i came there. I put in 3 quarters(1 got eaten) and i grabbed the joystick of the fat arcade machine as the fighter select screen came up. seeing that Col. Guile was not in this game, I searched for a 2nd-greatest character in the series, but i became indecisive. the timer ran and then it automatically gave me Adon. then the opponent-roster screen came-up. My first victim was to be Rose. Apparently, he didn't do so well as i havent played a Street Fighter game for weeks, so it was rusty for me. I picked up the controls again and still got whooped. However, I don't give-up THAT easy! I came back an hour or so later and inserted 3 more quarters. By then, I was quick for picking. Doing so, I selected my 2nd favorite fighter--Sagat. the victim screen came, and i was supposed to fight Ken. This time, I had a better feel on it. I took some dodges and back-lashes on that blonde-haired sucker, but still died in Round 2. I played again, but this time as Bison. I died in Round 2 again, given that his moves were strong but minorly slow. I came back the next day, but with more confidence. I selected Sagat again, but died in Round 3 this time, so I was obviously getting better. I came back on day 3, now to return to the panel with a vengeance. those 3 quarters came in as my warm hand gripped the joystick. my fingers rested upon the attack-buttons as I once again selected Sagat, now ready for an a$$-whoopin'. It then appeared that I once-again had to fight Rose as a first victim. I was totally confident and certainly knew my way around the buttons. When it said FIGHT on that screen, I was ready. Rose shot some sort of silk-whip, but I leaped right over it and kicked her on the head twice, then landed and gave her a Fierce punch the the skull. She whipped me and then pulled some special move. I got back up and lashed some intense, short combos. I won that round after a strong kick to the noodle. Round 2 began, and I was over-confident. I hit her hard, but she hit harder. I pulled ducking AND aerial moves, but she still used a great super-move to kill me. Then I got enfuriated by Round 3. I pulled out all the right moves on her and showed her who the tough guy is. I had her by the hair, but apparently she had a poison dye that day, so then she took me down to China Town with quick jabs and slashes. I then had 10 seconds to insert another coin. I put 1 in and fought like a wild animal. I pulled all the right hits, but she pulled all the quick ones. I died in Round 3, so it's not like a made much of a difference, even after I tripped the strong moves. As I searched my empty pockets for quarters, only to find a text on the K.O. timer that said 1st. I hit a button, which selected A(my 1st initial). Then I went for C, but my older brother hit the START button on the machine, which just finished the typing at B. Then it showed the rankings on the screen, and my name appeared in the roster at 1ST PLACE!!! I was the highest score on the machine. I jumped for joy and did a victory dance or 2 as I walked from the air-conditioned arcade.

I only have one SF game for Sega, the special edition one of SF2 I think.

703514-606231-games_cover-resized200.jpg

I like SF, it's a well made fighting game.

i remember first seeing THAT case at a REALLY young age, and thinking that was his own hair in Guile's fists. I thought that was really dumb until i realized it was his Sonic Boom.

Yeah, seeing it up close makes it look weird, I still like the cover though, looks good.

I like classic Street Fighter, but it really lost it's charm as it got older. Has anyone played Street Fighter EX3? There really isn't much too it, put aside the new characters, updated "graphics", and the tag team. What's left? Nothing you couldn't find in SFII.

The EX series has some new characters, but what made those games stand out are the super linkers and stun moves. Not to mention the fact that Ryu and Ken were more distinct in EX2 and 3. Still, the games weren't hits because they didn't play as smoothly as the 2D games.

The SF games on the whole evolved much more in 2D than any of the MK games. Supers, counters, parrying, the "isms", and the defunct alpha combos..

Khaos said:
I correct myself, it was based off the Genesis/Megadrive

http://forums.xbox.com/5134002/ShowPost.aspx

The content was (the Genesis version was a crossover between Hyper Fighting and CE, but was called Special CE). The actual game graphics/ gameplay etc. are based on the original arcade code.

The Genesis version was atrocious on the whole technically. The muffled audio, the much smaller sprites with missing frames etc. Oh, and the ultimate SFII is most certainly SSFII Turbo :p

Last edited:
if by quarter-on-a-string you mean the ol' put it in and pull it out to save some money trick, i cant say ive ever used it. i just had an idea of making fake quarters with exact size and weight.

Khaos said:
Everybody has their own bad habbits. ;)
Yeah, one of mine is going to Outworld
laugh.gif

You guys remember the old Bic Lighter trick? You click it near the coin cute and the spark racks up the maximum number of credits in one second. That's one reason all the arcade cabinets had alarms installed
tongue.gif

ChiefThunder said:
Yeah, one of mine is going to Outworld
laugh.gif

You guys remember the old Bic Lighter trick? You click it near the coin cute and the spark racks up the maximum number of credits in one second. That's one reason all the arcade cabinets had alarms installed
tongue.gif

I don't remember that but me and this other guy went to a Pizza Hut in '91 and the galaga game did not have that bar across the coin box. Just the flimsy lock on the door...so I was the look out guy and he broke the coin door open with one of Pizza Hut's butter knives...Needless to say that the week later the gameroom had a security camera installed. We didn't take all of the quarters though...We put back about 75% of the quarters to beat Final Fight lol.

Snow said:
I've only got one thing to say...Time To Go 3-D Street Fighter!

Where have you been? They've already done a number of games in 3D (the Street Fighter EX series). Generally those games didn't go over too well, though. Real Street Fighter simply has to be in 2D.