Official Street Fighter Thread

Each numbered title had updates though, some more significant than others. Alpha 3 added quite a few features like whiffing throws, 3 selectable playing styles, and a guard meter.

Anyways, games don't really need frequent sequels as long as the game continues to get support from the developers. It's sad that MKX was rebranded it as MKXL and even rebuilt the netcode, only to be abandoned by NRS/WB.

That's some great news to look forward.

Oh I see [MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION] still wants to keep bringing corporate bullshit to fighting games. Good thing that ain't happening. I had enough with SF5 launch. I'd rather have them take some time to fix SF5 instead of releasing another unfinished game in a rush.

Street Fighter put the Fighting genre on the map, yet STILL has fewer installments than franchises in the same genre that followed.

Street Fighter: Debuted in 1987, 5 installments
Mortal Kombat: Debuted in 1992, 10 installments
Tekken: Debuted in 1994, 7 installments

Enough said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Street Fighter put the Fighting genre on the map, yet STILL has fewer installments than franchises in the same genre that followed.

Street Fighter: Debuted in 1987, 5 installments
Mortal Kombat: Debuted in 1992, 10 installments
Tekken: Debuted in 1994, 7 installments

Enough said.

Technically you're right but you're also wrong. There was also the Alpha series, the Ex series and the ass load of SF2 editions that make up for like 15+ SF games (didn't look up the exact series)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Technically you're right but you're also wrong. There was also the Alpha series, the Ex series and the ass load of SF2 editions that make up for like 15+ SF games (didn't look up the exact series)

7 versions of the same installment still counts as only one installment.

Alpha and EX are considered spin-offs.

Is it too much to ask for to only have ONE Street Fighter 5, then move onto SF6 in the same time it took for Capcom to go from SF1 to SF2?

Is it too much to ask for to only have ONE Street Fighter 5, then move onto SF6 in the same time it took for Capcom to go from SF1 to SF2?

Yeah it is asking for a little much because it would mean making new mechanics and content to keep the consumer interested.

Super SFV5 is basically an apology from Capcom that says, "Sorry for ignoring our casual fans." If they up and make SF6 (which they probably don't have the budget for) it would piss on all the fans excitement.

The Alpha games aren't spinoffs. They chronology take place in between SF1 and SF2. They show things like Sagat forming his rivalry with Dan and Adon as well as him joining Shadoloo. Cammy's past before she joined Delta Red. As well as a bunch of other stuff with the other characters that appeared.

They start making games every couple of years and we will have another assassin's creed on our hands. Pretty much dead franchise. Also fighting games are different from any other genre. Nowadays fighting games have really long longevity thanks to tournaments and pro players.

So if studios started pumping fighting games left and right it would make it hard for pro players to adjust, because they would have to keep adjusting to new mechanics and changes, and if studios kept mechanics same, then it would piss off a lot of people, because studio would keep charging 60 bucks every 2 years for the same game. Which is bullshit.

Aaaand. Street fighter might have less installments, but please remind me, who is a reigning f%^king king of fighting games? Which game was one if not the main attraction in EVO all these years? Oh yeah. Street fighter.
Street fighter 2 is still being played in tournaments. There is a reason. Quality over quantity. I prefer that. Yeah. SF5 launch was weak as hell. But SF4 had a pretty weak start as well (well... not as bad as SF5, but still) and look at it. Fully fleshed out game. Which was popular for years. Cause it smells of quality.

I mean yeah. If you want, you can preach that about MK. But keep SF out of this shit. I want a game which is properly polished and there is enough time invested in it. Not some cheap shit, which gets pushed out every 2 years, only for you not to be able to play it for 6 months. Like MKX.

Last edited:

Alpha/Zero aint a spinoff, its part of the SF chronology and is canon. EX is indeed a spinoff owned by Arika.

Anyway, new character *cough*Abigail*cough* incoming

19959343_10155613848937147_4012324598002733608_n.png.jpg

KZHPpKI.jpg

Seems like a new stage is coming too by looking at that background

They're throwing bait out for people who likes to feed on nostalgia, just to squeeze out some more money from the fans, instead of focusing on making a good game.

Sadly yes. Both SF and MK disappointed me to no end. One doesn't work for 6 months, another has barely any content, plagued by rage quitters. Maybe should try Guilty Gear...

Nah, not really interested in DC universe.

In the past I kinda ignored how art of the game looked like, because of gameplay, but now immediately changed my mind after seeing Guilty Gear's design.

Would love to play a Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter mix. Dark, bloody, fast, with horror elements and over the top finishers where characters get sent up in the sky and beaten back into the ground in fit of rage.

I think I am just having the so called "dry spell" of fighting games. Waiting for "The One"

Capcom keeps releasing all this crap, wanting fans who feed on nostalgia to spend their money on it. And look at Juri's outfit, that's not how she looked in SSF4. What's with those sleeves?
And come on, Abigail? Were there truly anyone out there who wanted that guy in the game so passionately that they felt it necessary to have him take a spot on the roster? What a waste.

Guys, it's your money, if you want all this shit, then buy them.
I'm not giving Capcom any more of my money. Such a disappointment of a game this has been...

Question for you bros:

Do you think SFV needs regular chip damage kills? Instead of dying to a chipped out super, Capcom could bring back just dying to a blocked special move again.

Not having chip damage feels odd to me. It's a nice way to take on very defensive players who turtle a lot. Not having chip damage is just rewarding players like that, and I personally don't think they should be rewarded. There are ways to get around it, but I'd rather they are being forced out of their defensive stance and be more aggressive.

In SFIV it use to put fear in your heart to lose to a block fireball.

Now you can block everything and still make a comeback. To me it feels like the comeback aspect is deserving of less props on some occassions

Yep. I thought CAPCOM was gonna change. Nope. Still greedy mofos. Near Bankruptcy didn't teach them anything, so screw SF.