Something About Motaro

ChiefThunder

A little bit of MK3 trivia that I never knew about.

Motaro was a last minute addition to Mortal Kombat 3. Originally, a fighter with two hammers was going to be the sub-boss, but the hammer was given to Shao Kahn and Motaro became the sub-boss.

Just thought that was interesting. If Motaro wasn't the sub boss then I wonder what this guys with two hammers would have looked like?

:mrgreen:
ZenJiriki said:
no characters do. the closest are baton carriers like stryker and jax.
Yeah, shit you're right, man. I want to see this unrealised fighter that was going to be the sub boss in MK3. I imagine some big dude like the end boss of the original Turok game. But instead of two big axes, he has the two great kahn like hammers. How mad!

Mad? Angry or Resentful? Or maybe Suffering from a dissorder of the mind? Insane?

This "mad" expression has been getting alot of use lately hasn't it? But just to be trendy yes I agree it would be "mad". I always like to see what characters we could have had. Then if they turn out to be good we can petition to have him as a sub-boss in the next generation of MKs!

This guy before Motaro sounds awesome but if Shao Kahn didn't have a hammer what would he have to to go beserk in MK:SM after you took half his health....A twig....Kintaro's arm....A twig

I guy with two hammers, that would be cool. I bet he would have had some kick-ass armour.

I think copyrights got in the way....
Hammer_Bros_SMB3.PNG

hehehe

Glamador said:
This "mad" expression has been getting alot of use lately hasn't it? But just to be trendy yes I agree it would be "mad". I always like to see what characters we could have had. Then if they turn out to be good we can petition to have him as a sub-boss in the next generation of MKs!
Yes, I use the word "MAD" alot as you may have noticed. We're on the same wavelength when it comes to seeing "Unrealised Character" concepts and designs, dude. Characters that never made the cut so to speak, to me are always fascinating. Maybe Boon thought that a guy with two hammers wasn't exciting or freaky enough as a sub boss, who really knows? But I am very happy that Motaro, despite his unpopularity in some parts of the MK community finally made it as the MK3 subby. I think he's an ace sub boss then followed by Kahn once again as the main boss in MK3.

A petition can have some influence, but we would need a huge amount of people in on this, man. I highly doubt we would get the numbers to warrant such a petition. But hey, like you said. Maybe he will turn up way down the track in a future Mk game? You just never know :mrgreen:

Specter said:
This guy before Motaro sounds awesome but if Shao Kahn didn't have a hammer what would he have to to go beserk in MK:SM after you took half his health....A twig....Kintaro's arm....A twig
I'm sure they would have given him some other over-sized weapon. for example, a great axe maybe? Or a huge staff with blades? Makes you really think as to how things may have been different if indeed this unrealised sub boss was in MK3. And like you, I think he would have been awesome as well.

He would have been covered with heavy thick armour excepot maybe his arms and some of his legs maybe. Kinda like Shao Kahn but even more armour. And he would have to be extremely powerful to wield two great hammers. Just using one hammer is hard enough :mrgreen:

In that last pic, the concept is somewhat similar to our sub boss guy with two hammers. I think though that his hammers would be a teeny weeny bit bigger. Lol

Last edited:
XxJadexX said:
That hammer guy would probably look cooler than Motaro.
Nah, no way, Motaro is the epitome of stylish freakiness in an MK game. The two Hammer guy would be cool, but still just normal looking when compared to a Centaurian. I guess I Just like the Centaurs. What would be cool is to see another from his race popup somewhere.

EEEEEHAAA! GIDEYUP HORSEY:mrgreen: