God of War-Main Thread

is it current generation?
The first GOW was awesome, even my girlfriend likes it, making it into 1 of 3 games with balls that she has ever liked; Street Fighter 2, GOW and MGS2. All she plays apart from them are games like Animal Crossing and the Sims

Goraka said:
is it current generation?
The first GOW was awesome, even my girlfriend likes it, making it into 1 of 3 games with balls that she has ever liked; Street Fighter 2, GOW and MGS2. All she plays apart from them are games like Animal Crossing and the Sims

Its listed as a PS2 game and the current release date is Q1 of 2007.

Geez, I would've thought that this thread seeing as what it's about would have atracted way more attention. Yes, Image, God of WaR is SEXY! :lol:

So checkout these new pics from God of War 2, thanks to IGN for the pics.

god-of-war-ii-20060420005955311.jpg

god-of-war-ii-20060420005956029.jpg

god-of-war-ii-20060420005956639.jpg

god-of-war-ii-20060420005957560.jpg

god-of-war-2-divine-retribution-20060322094636313.jpg

The graphics look amazing. but then again, in the first one they were really hi-res and the frame rate was smooth as a baby's ass

I hear ya, guys. The orginal God of War took a awhopping three years to complete. I guess that's part of the reason it looks/plays/sounds and is just AWESOME!

I never hold out badly for a game, not to the extent of holding my breath, but GOW2 will own! I'll post new pics as they appear and post them all in this thread if you guys get any too? We will collect them all in this thread :lol:

Vigilante_FireDragon said:
Nice pics! I can't wait to play it soon!

You have not even played the first God of War, so why would you be eager to play the sequel? And what pics? They have been taken down way before your reply here :?

"2005 Game Of The Year" & God of War 2 Evolves

Yes another thread about God of War and it's upcoming sequel [not sequel, but part 2] I never realised that this franchise took so many awards?!

Also God of War took 2nd place only just being beaten by GTA:SA as the 2nd best game ever porduced for the PS2 console!

http://ps2.gamespy.com/articles/693/693430p25.html

Dang, read this [potential spoilers ahead]

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe announced today the upcoming Q1 2007 release of God of WarTM II, available exclusively for the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system. Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment America's Santa Monica Studios, God of WarTM introduced a groundbreaking, combat action-adventure videogame based on Greek mythology, and went on to capture more than a dozen "Game of the Year" Awards, including the prestigious Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences "2005 Overall Game of the Year Award." In God of War II, players get reacquainted with the vicious ex-Spartan warrior Kratos and embark on the continuing epic odyssey.

Famed award-winning God of War creator David Jaffe will continue to oversee development of God of War II and comments, "In the gaming world, it's rare that a sequel equals, let alone eclipses the original, but I think this is going to be the exception to the rule in terms of quality, gameplay and story. I always said that God of War was my dream game, well no longer, God of War II really is the game I've always wanted to play."

Storyline Description for GOD OF WAR II

God of War saw Kratos, a mortal warrior, set upon an epic quest to dethrone a God. But his journey did not end there. In God of War II, Kratos sits atop his Olympus throne, as the new God of War – far more ruthless than Ares ever was. To end his continued torment, Kratos must journey to the far reaches of the earth and defeat untold horrors and alter that which no mortal, or god has ever changed, his fate. God of War II sets an epic stage for a devastating mythological war to end all wars.

Gameplay Description for GOD OF WAR II

In God of War II, players retake the role of Kratos. Armed with the deadly blades and blistering rage, players will be aided by new breath-taking magic and new brutal combat moves. The journey will take them through vividly striking environments where they will be faced with a labyrinth of challenging puzzles and mini-games intricately woven into the story. The violent world of Greek mythology will come to life in gory detail as Kratos encounters new mythical characters, and compete in epic boss battles in his quest.
[/url]

God of War Quiz

I guess we do have some fans of this awesome game, still here? Try this questionnaire I just threw together, this will test your knowledge of Kratos and his brutal exploits in the game, God of War. Also there are some spoilers if you haven't yet played this game.

1. Kratos original birthplace was;

A. Rome

B. Sparta

C. Persia

D. Troy

E. None of the above

2. Kratos had a family, a wife and one daughter. Did he kill them both or not?

A. Yes

B. No.

C. He was decieved into killing them by the God, Ares

3. Which God of Mt Olympus did Kratos eventually kill and replace?

A. Zeus

B. Haphaestus

C. Hera

D. Ares

4. Kratos younger brother was killed and sent to the underworld?

A. Yes

B. No

5. What is the name of the box that can allow a mortal to destroy a God?

P _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Box

6. Which monster below did Kratos "NOT" battle in his quest?

A. Hydra

B. Medusa

C. Cyclops

D. Kraken

E. Minotaur

7. What power did the God of the underworld, Hades, give to Kratos?

A. An entire legion of zombie Spartan soldiers

B. Flying dead harpies

C. An amulet that raises the dead via Hades power

8. Many Gods did Kratos encounter and among them was the God Poseidon. What is he the God of?

A. The Skies

B. The mountains

C. The Oceans

D. The Great Forests

9. Kratos has pale skin, but why is it white like the Moon?

A. He never goes out into the Sun, so that's why he looks like an Albino

B. He was born that color because he was part of a special tribe

C. It is the ashes of his dead family on his body to remind him of their brutal deaths

D. None of the above

10. When Kratos had completed his tasks what great gift was bestowed upon him by the Gods of Olympus?

A. He was destroyed by a treachorous God

B. He was made an immortal

C. He was made a God himself and sat on his new throne

D. He was given the entire of Zeus armies to command

Kratos original birthplace was;

B. Sparta

D. Ares

B. No

Pandora's Box

C. Cyclops

8. Many Gods did Kratos encounter and among them was the God Poseidon. What is he the God of?

C. The Oceans

C. It is the ashes of his dead family on his body to remind him of their brutal deaths

10. When Kratos had completed his tasks what great gift was bestowed upon him by the Gods of Olympus?

1. Kratos original birthplace was;

B. Sparta

D. Ares

B. No

PANDORA"S Box

A. Hydra

C. The Oceans

Btw, Don't remember Nº6