Some Help Plz?

ChiefThunder

This is in my profile;

Latest Reputation Received

what's "rep... 06-26-2006 10:46 PM Thanks, much more helpful than out thread

what's "rep... 06-26-2006 05:02 PM 7th

what's "rep... 06-26-2006 12:52 PM beans

Assassin's Creed... 06-25-2006 10:47 PM

Welcome Our New... 06-25-2006 04:18 AM sorry dude, it's a welcome thread,not a judging thread.

Shouldn't there be a link to show you who gave a member rep? And who is beans? Then who is sry for telling me i am a judge? Also it says I have 24 rep points and I have noticed that when I got awarded to me, positive ones, they dont add to the total. Also I got 3 seperate rep points awarded for the same post I made, wtf?

I could care less about rep points really, I just want to fully understand them.

Beans?

Last edited:
Well, the link you posted has a way to determine your "rep power". If the person delegating the Rep has less than 20 rep power (points) then any rep they give out doesn't count except for show.

So if you were given rep by someone with less than 20 rep power, it wouldn't add anything, or take away, from your current total.

The more rep power you have actually effects how much rep (negative or positive) someone else gets when you click the rep link.

Rep is usually given out anonymously, unless the person giving out rep choses to sign their name. So, if you do want to know who gave you good or bad rep, there is little way of finding out exactly who gave it unless the person owns up. Asking the mods about it won't do any good, they will not investigate unless the reputation system is being abused (e.g. abusive comments).

So sorry, can't do this unless Pat or Jeff want to get in there and research it.

You can also subscribe to vBulletin through the link at the bottom of this page. That will give you the ability to see who gave you rep and how much it was worth.

So if only people with 20 or more points can give out rep, how does anybody GET 20 rep points in the first place? Do mods have to like you enough to add to ur rep?

hmm to my knowledge if someone gives rep and they have over 1 point they count. I only have 17 rep and seen someones rep change from my vote. If someone in the negative gives you bad or good rep it will be neutral though, and wont give or take anything.

and you cant tell who gives it out unless they write in it, on another board i mod it shows who they are if your a mod, but for some reason it doesnt here. :(

It's all settings on my end, I may enable the mods to see I just haven't changed it yet.

Also, do you think I should change the threshold numbers? Looking for opinions/ideas here.

I actually like the anonomous part of it. I don't mind signing my name but if people get a neg rep and see who gave it to them, they'll just go all out and take it personally and give that person negative rep just because. Not only that but some people take rep very seriously and will just flame that other person to death.

I thought it was a good one lol

And what are the threshholds, Pat? Hard to know if they should be changed if you don't know what they are in the first place :hmmmm:

Patrick McCarron said:
I made a bunch of changes... lets see how things change.

Does that also include the "Delete Post Option" if members accidently double post etc? I like this new feature, dude, thanks.

XxJadexX said:
I actually like the anonomous part of it. I don't mind signing my name but if people get a neg rep and see who gave it to them, they'll just go all out and take it personally and give that person negative rep just because. Not only that but some people take rep very seriously and will just flame that other person to death.

That wont change, it's always going to be private. For the reasons you state. Don't need any more flame wars around here.