UMK3 The Last Flame - Video released

god that brings back memories, that noob combo on the 7 minute mark kicks ass but where is Rain he is the master of combo's.

Wow, they have way too much time on their hands. But that was an awesome video, I suck at UMK3. And every other MK now that I think about it.

That was a good kombo vid, I noticed some MKT 64 kombos in there as well.

Plus I saw Shang Tsung with the Jade palette. Weird. Anyways...cheers.

I liked the part... er.. I mean the whole thing... I didn't like just part.

<_<

>_>

Dorn said:
god that brings back memories, that noob combo on the 7 minute mark kicks ass but where is Rain he is the master of combo's.

There's not a whole lot to rain. It's mostly just Roundhouse... High Punch... Roundhouse... High Punch.. Roundhouse...

ZenJiriki said:
great work guys. im wondering what codes were enabled across what consoles/emulators to achieve those kombos?
None apparently.

Have you seen Ewashocks combo vids at Dark Templarz, dude. I saw combos that defy reasoning and have even try some myself. But they seem impossible. And hence I asked him if he used any coding like "Fast Uppercut Recovery" "Unlimited Run" etc etc and he said no.:hmmmm:

yeah i dunno man some of those kombos definately evaded the normal barriers which are in place. unless doing a particular move resets that buff which kicks in after you do a certain amount of hits. hmm.

ZenJiriki said:
yeah i dunno man some of those kombos definately evaded the normal barriers which are in place. unless doing a particular move resets that buff which kicks in after you do a certain amount of hits. hmm.

he-heh, that's called a hit limit.

What you are reffering to sounds like the glitch canceling. You have to execute the special the same frame of the connection of the previuos hit. It's not easy.

The simplest one is with Sub-zero's freeze, which you can normally only do one hit before a freeze, any more and it wont work. But you can do something like HP, freeze, HP, and between the time of you hitting high punch and it connecting with the other player, you have to enter the combinatin for freeze. If your lucky (or good at it), the 2nd HP will connect and another freeze will come out, allowing even more comboing.

These combos aren't ones you can really just go for, especially these newer ones. What would be the point of putting them in a video if they are very easy and well known. Just practice for a few hours, not all at once, but pretty soon, these will seem a lot more practical, and then others will look a lot harder because you really need experiance to know how difficult some of this stuff is.

Last edited:
so what you're saying is having a move within a move? masking one move by executing another so the cpu thinks only one has been done?

ZenJiriki said:
so what you're saying is having a move within a move? masking one move by executing another so the cpu thinks only one has been done?

Sorry I sounded confusing, but that's way off. Let's get one thing straight first... We are talking about specials being done after the game usually disables it right?

Before, I was explaining how to do it.

Basicly, You do the special move so quickly after the last hit , the CPU doesn't register that previuos hit and out comes the special, breaking the rules of the game. This can be done with pretty much every special attack.

Sub-zero: Freeze, HP, freeze, hp (really quickly freeze).
Normally the second high punch would lock the freeze move, but if the 'down, forward, LP' is done right as the HP connects (1 frame out of 60, this is called a 'just frame') you will get another free move.

Video - 865KB
web based
downloadable

i gotcha. that is interesting. how did you first discover it? and the obvious question is does it apply to pre mk3 games as well?

Cool.

ZenJiriki said:
the obvious question is does it apply to pre mk3 games as well?

Yes in MKII. It's exploitable stuff here, but with some 3D fighters like Tekken, just frame moves are applicable to standard moves. For example, not sure if you're into Tekken, but I'll mention this anyway Paul's d, 4, 2, 1 / the last hit was a jf. T4's timing was a wee bit of pain, but they actually made all jf moves more managable in T5.

I'm not sure if anyone has been able to do those combos with a pad. I certainly can't do them without a stick... maybe I can, but I have a stick so.. :p

Just frames canceling exists even in MK1, try doing aaHP, freeze with Sub-zero, the freeze will not come out, then do aaHP+freeze, the concept of + meaning having the HP hit at the same time you activate the freeze, ie: HP, frame count starts, inbetween the start and the contact you do d-f, HP hits+LP being pressed as it hits. I don't know if this is in MK4.