Official Basketball Thread

OKC for me, was a big fan of Seattle so when they transitioned I had go with them.

I can't stand Lakers or the Heat. I loved when the Thunder blew out Lakers on Monday. Plus 8th seed Sixers taking out 1st seed Bulls? I don't think they will be able to take Boston though.

The Spurs WILL win the Championship, and EVERY fan will kiss their rings...those who refuse shall be permanently banned from all NBA stadiums!

The Marshall's NBA Western Conference Gentlemen's Bet

I'm confident that the spurs will win the Western Conference finals

So I need 1 other person who thinks the Thunder will win...

So here's the bet:

If I win, I get to change the loser's Screename and Avatar to my liking for one week.

Or If I lose, you can do the same to me, or another proposition we both agree upon.

Just one thing, you can't be no roody-poo member

you gotta be someone everyone knows....

Who wants in?

Re: The Marshall's NBA Western Conference Gentlemen's Bet

And mods don't be gay and merge this in the NBA thread

no one ever goes in there

Excuse me, Mr. Marshall. I don't mean to hijack this thread here, but as a Spurs fan born-and-raised in San Antonio (currently living along the US 281/IH-35 corridor between SA and Austin), I do have a personal vested interest in this particular series. I vehemently REFUSE to bet against my team under ANY circumstances...just so you're aware. Now I like Kevin Durant, and this is based on me being a Longhorns fan (I was even backing him to be the #1 overall pick when he was drafted), and I like Thunder GM Sam Presti (he used to be a scout for the Spurs), but like I said, betting against my team goes against everything I stand for.

So in closing, I have three words;

GO SPURS GO!

Oh what the hell... this place needs some spicin' up.... I'm in.

I love both teams and I have been a huge Tim Duncan fan since Wake Forest. Though I am rooting for OKC, I believe The Marshall won this bet but I hope he is wrong.

Indeed they aren't. Still many more games to go, however.

Celts need to start helping themselves more. Can't give up those offensive boards. Can't make stupid turnovers. They need to play nearly flawless to win this series.

Really bro?

Man this place gets more shitty
with these overreaching mods

Don't like it? Go somewhere else. What did you honestly think would happen in response to that douchey post you made? You could've made a legitimate request to keep your thread from being merged, but you didn't.

Celtics are going to need a better performance from Pierce, Rondo played OK. Overall, the Celtics have played much better than they had tonight. They did some things well, but their role and bench guys were outplayed by the Heat's and that just can't happen against the Heat if you are hoping to win.

I feel kinda bad for the Heat (mostly LBJ) because even if they win the championship, people will still find ways to belittle it. I already hear people say that not facing the Bulls w/ Rose or Magic w/ Howard would somehow belittle a championship.

I really want the Celtics-Heat series to be good; I'm hoping game 1 was just a case of Boston being tired and Miami being rested. Something tells me Pierce is gonna have a big Game 2 though; hopefully they won't get hit with 5 Techs again lol.