Official Basketball Thread

Now most of the top-tier players want to go overseas. If Kobe joins the team Deron is on, I can't help but think that Kobe will want him to be a Laker when the lockout eventually ends; also, its interesting how A.I. got so much attention and hype when he went to China, but now he wants to come back to the NBA, and he'll even accept being a role player; how the tables turn...

Also, Go Mavs!

I like Dwight Howard but I dunno why :neutral:

dwight-howard.jpg

Based on what I've seen so far this off-season, it looks like there's finally hope that the Lakers will one day lose their LA basketball monopoly to the Clippers.

I seriously hope (we) the bulls beat the heat this season. I cant stand lebron james. I understand getting calls from the refs because you are a superstar, but abusing it to no end is just sad. Case in point, last year during the conference finals rose went to steal the ball while lebron was sitting down trying to get control of it, and rose's hand was at least 3-4 inches from his face, and lebron fakes like he got poked in the eye and the refs called the foul, right after lebron winking at his coach. I understand some acting to a charge, but faking getting hit? thats not playing the game, thats abusing it.

(more ranting coming), if it wasnt for rose, i wouldnt be watching basketball at all. I started paying attention last season after pretty much stopping viewing it after jordan retired, and i was apalled at how soft this league has become. Its a league where players are rewarded for faking anything to get a foul, because the refs are the most foul-happy calling sons of *****es ive ever seen witht he most ticky tack calls on earth. 1990s basketball was where men were on the court and were allowed to play like men. Knicks-Bulls basketbal rivalry, watch the 92 or 93 playoff series between them on youtube and ull see some of the most suffocating defense where every player woulda been fouled out by halftime if that occured today. The no handchecking rule they implemented is garbage.

YES THE HEAT STOMPED THE MAVS ON CHRISTMAS. MIAMI IS ON A MISSION. To GET BACK TO THE FINALS AND WIN THIS TIME WADE WILL NOT LET LEBRON RUIN IT FOR HIM AGAIN.no disrespect to lbj and his fans but he choked...... Boo hoo ok lets move on. LETS TAKE IT A GAME AT A TIME MIAMI!!!! 8-1 and counting

76ers%5b1%5d.jpg

I can't believe we don't suck this year.

I expect the happiness to end sometime soon but, until then, I will wear my smile proudly.

What's your favourite NBA team

Hello everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
I was wondering, what's your favourite NBA team?

Mine is Houston Rockets, because Hilary lives there!!!!!!!!! ^_^

& U? Do U have one?

If U have, share with me...

THANK YOU FORWARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: What's your favourite NBA team

San Antonio Spurs, although I typically watch baseball and football more often than basketball.

I don't watch much basketball, but I'm kind of into the NCAA Tournament right now. Those upsets on Friday were amazing.

NBA I'm basically a Rockets fan by default, since Houston's my city and I don't really watch basketball closely enough to get into another team.

My Facebook news feed is blowing up with KU status' about them losing. Everyone is butt hurt that KU lost.

I'm laughing at every status because they are seriously upset that they lost to Kentucky.

SPORTS IS EVERYTHING!

Bynum is such a poor sport that has no class. He is probably my most hated player. When I saw this last year, I was really starting to enjoy JJ style of play, then my team acquired him.

Never forget.

Bynum is such a poor sport that has no class. He is probably my most hated player. When I saw this last year, I was really starting to enjoy JJ style of play, then my team acquired him.

Never forget.

The Lakers should never have drafted him in the first place, especially when you consider the fact that the Lakers were in the lottery that year (which, by the way, is a MAJOR rarity for that franchise). He gets injured quite frequently (hence why the Lakers traded for Pau Gasol in the first place), and now he's being an insubordinate douchebag. This is his seventh year in the league, and given what I'm seeing out of him, it's safe to assume that Andrew Bynum is a BUST!

There are only 2 reasons ANYONE knows who he is...

1) He plays for the Lakers
2) He was the youngest player ever drafted (plus the fact that he was among the final players ever drafted out of High School due to the next year's CBA)

I don't really have any predictions, because I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about basketball as I am about football. I always like to root for teams that haven't really been there before, though, so I think right now I'm looking at OKC to win the title. I like the Clippers and Sixers as well, but I don't think they're going to make it.