The Descent

ChiefThunder

This is one horror movie that kicks ass! Like Alien but under the ground on Earth. Watch the official movie trailer. And no, it's not a Cave ripoff
icon10.gif

10m.jpg

Descent Trailer

Last edited:
You watch the trailer? Ya, it is a very good movie. With all girl stars as well.

You guys should get it this summer.

This movie was directed by Neil Marshall, who also directed, Dog Soldiers [werewolf movie]

locustlx said:
oh wow i'm blind, anyways apparently it has already been released in Britain
Check It!

Cool, good old, Wikipedia. This movie has been released at all different dates around the world, dude. I've seen it already. And apparently in France and some other Euro countries, as well as Great Britain. They already have it on DVD in some places!
icon9.gif

Yeah but awesome can't wait to see it

On a side note I just realized that I do't have to work for the next 2months which is awesome and it is 5:41 in the morning

Darth Sadistic said:
Great movie! The ending was a bit dodgy though.

Spoilers Below!

Wikipedia said:
The American version of this movie cuts the final moments in the cave. In that version, the movie ends after Sarah sees Juno's ghost sitting in the car.

Is that what happened in the version you saw?

I'm usually pretty sceptical about this kind of movie but this is one of those rare ones that actually looks good so you guys who have seen it what do you think the "best thriller since alien" as they say in the trailor. The handheld camera moment looks a bit dodgy and a few pitch black like scenes thrown in, it does look a little patchwork but most horror movies do nowadays.

To me the movie looks aweful. I don't think any horror movie could be as good as Alien, but that's just me...

Dorn said:
I'm usually pretty sceptical about this kind of movie but this is one of those rare ones that actually looks good so you guys who have seen it what do you think the "best thriller since alien" as they say in the trailor. The handheld camera moment looks a bit dodgy and a few pitch black like scenes thrown in, it does look a little patchwork but most horror movies do nowadays.

One thing that you must remember, Dorn, is that every new movie has an advertising line. I would not compare this movie to Alien. But I will tell you that it is a very dark, claustrophobic and at times a very gruesome and disturbing story that's been captured very nicely on film. An all female cast and two endings [depending on your region]

I saw this movie before "The Cave" and despite many reviews that invariably compare the two movies. The are very different. Infact, The Cave is more like Alien than what the Descent is. Watch it and you make up your own mind, dude. I like both of them, but The Descent is a good movie despite what some people say. Also, if you liked Dog Soldiers, directed by the same guy, then you will surely like his latest horror movie.

Watch it in the dark with the volume CRANKED!!!

Oh, it's just that alot of people here are so serious all the time.

Yeah, Dog Soldiers rocks.

Love the Cow falling bit.

-Bump!

Descent Update curtesy of Jo Blo!

All signs point to director Neil Marshall's [URL="http://www.joblo.com/upcomingmovies/movies.php?id=757"]THE DESCENT[/URL] being one of the coolest horror films of the year. And on top of the supposed quality of the film, it also happens to feature a plethora of hotties in tight, short outfits spending most of the film muddy and fleeing from cavedwelling monsters in an underground labyrinth. What's more, The Last Poster we showed you was decidedly bad ass and the one you see below follows suit. If there's anything more you want, you're being pretty damn greedy. It opens August 4th.

Original news article New Descent poster

being claustophobic, this movie has me on a tilt. nothing can be like alien; it's one of a kind. Descent looks okay, but that whole claustraphobic tunnel part makes me squirm.