New RealmMedia Networks Forum a little.. uhm?

I'm a little pesimistic about it being "RealmMedia" and not TRMK. I joined because of the family-like community, and it's beginning to seem that it's extending into a cold office floor of an office building.

Maybe it's just me, but this whole RealmMedia jacket is going to be hard to get used too.

DAVE101 said:
This seems like a whole different place, It's a lot harder to reconize people now. It's like I'm new here.

EDIT: WHY?:
http://forums.realmmedia.com/showthread.php?t=7892

The TRMK images are just displaying the 'link us' icon! WTF! I was helping! I HATE THIS PLACE NOW! J/K, I'll be patient but, this isn't going to be fixed is it? Since this no longer is a trmk adress its 'realmmeadia'..... joy.

DOUBLE EDIT: Is there a time limit on editing now? I promised to keep that thread updated, and I can't edit it now. I was going to try and fix somethings because the changes have done some serial (gotta have my pops) damage... serius damage.

Thanks for that headsup, it's fixed now.

Prophet said:
What do you guys think of the TRMK Rebirth. Do you think there still should be a TRMK Classic Theme for us old timers, or what?
you said rebirth?

sure it wasn't an abortion?

I mean,I like change but this place just gives me the creeps right now.
it's like being lost in a mall cause they changed around all the stores and shit.

Prophet said:
I'm a little pesimistic about it being "RealmMedia" and not TRMK. I joined because of the family-like community, and it's beginning to seem that it's extending into a cold office floor of an office building.

Maybe it's just me, but this whole RealmMedia jacket is going to be hard to get used too.

Realm Media Networks is the company we created to branch out to other things than just MK. The "Realm" of Mortal Kombat was our first site and now after almost 10 years online, we wanted to branch out to new things.

We wanted to grow this community around you guys, it's still your family but now we're just expanding on it.

DAVE101 said:
DOUBLE EDIT: Is there a time limit on editing now? I promised to keep that thread updated, and I can't edit it now. I was going to try and fix somethings because the changes have done some serial (gotta have my pops) damage... serius damage.

Yeah I'll remove that limitation unless things get out of hand.

I say please, please give us a TRMK Classic..... I really dislike to the point of hate this new design. With all the basic changes, it doesn't even seem like TRMK anymore... its more like TR or RM... this doesn't feel like when I first joined. Allthough, I gotta say, I'm kinda liking this blue template. It fits my screen well ;-\

Patrick McCarron said:
As far as the themes, I'll add a dark one later tonight. This is the set default, but you'll be able to change it (as I've promised) via the bottom controls. More themes will be coming later on as well, basically when we find/make some good ones.

As far as the user titles, all fixed now.

And avatars are there, and I also added a Profile Image that you can add for your profile.

I ask everyone be patient with the changes, many things are changing rapidly and I'm only one person doing all the work.
Any chance we can get lighter templates? I'd much rather have a white one with black fonts.

Well you can't spell TRMK without Realm Media. Maybe something will come around, but I might start thinking about MySpace more. Thanks for the compliments too locust. ^^

I like the idea of editing your post directly in your post, but I dislike the "Reputation'' scheme.

the_sim said:
Any chance we can get lighter templates? I'd much rather have a white one with black fonts.

We have two so far, and more will be coming as I get time to find some good ones.

Hey Pat! I edited my message again... and again. I'll post it here. You can ignore alot of it actualy, the biggest things seem to be fixed

DAVE101 said:
This seems like a whole different place, It's a lot harder to reconize people now. It's like I'm new here.

EDIT: WHY?:

The TRMK images are just displaying the 'link us' icon! WTF! I was helping! I HATE THIS PLACE NOW! J/K, I'll be patient but, this isn't going to be fixed is it? Since this no longer is a trmk adress its 'realmmeadia'..... joy.

DOUBLE EDIT: Is there a time limit on editing now? I promised to keep this thread updated, and I can't edit it now. I was going to try and fix somethings because the changes have done some serial (gotta have my pops) damage... serius damage.

TRIPLE EDIT: The edit seems to be fully functional now.

QUAD EDIT: well I tried to edit that thread, but it says:

"You have included 10 images in your message. You are limited to using 4 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again."

Well, I there isn't much I can do. I can't edit anything unless I get rid of all those images. I might just have to link everything, even the thumbs! THIS IS MADNESS! I wanna take the thread to MKO and keep it updated there! DANGIT, I guess I'll wait a couple days. But it's ridiculous, I can't even link images from TRMK. I don't think I can even link it, it would have to be typed into a new window. And if it was accidently clicked on, you would keep getting the 'link us' image even if you went to trmk.org and went to it from there UNLESS you clear your cache!

My HEAD!!! HUTS!!!

Yeah, like I said, just ignore it. Most of it was teenage hormones anyway, I deffinitely overeacted and tried to make the changes look like a big mean... The only problem now (and it's not really a problem, more of an inconvienence) is the "You have included 10 images in your message. You are limited to using 4 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again."

I can't edit anything, even preview unless I get rid of the images, but i can link them now since the 'link us' thing has been fixed and we would be able to see the images. It's probably what I should do so I'm not such a bandwith hog.

hmm.. or I could never edit it again and be a jerk...
icon10.gif

Seriusly though, Thanks a bunch Pat, I'll be sticking around for a long time.

Last edited:
I dig it, I really dig it. Simply because it's a vBulletin and I just plain love vBulletins, you know? I find it kind of sad that you guys are whining about TRMK - which I'll always refer to this place as, it's hardwired into me, sorry - 'selling out,' just don't, it's still TRMK, except not, and with a cooler layout. I demand reputation...=P

I am not really loving the user name above the post when looking in a topic... i like it better on the left.... get what im saying?

DAVE: I fixed the message image limit, it was a default setting.

7th Number: I like it on the side too, I just have to find the setting that does that.

Cool!

are you going to eventually fill that blank void at the top of the forums? a little MK action pic or something other then blank with "realmmedia" text?

Patrick McCarron said:
DAVE: I fixed the message image limit, it was a default setting.

*VERY HUMONGOUS SIGH*

Pat, please do this for me. Look in the main post of that thread, look at the screen shot section, see how they are all linked now? I got rid of all the images. Now go to the bottom of that main post and look at the time it was last edited, now look at the time of your post....

I'M GOING TO BED!

When I try to pm someone it tells me that my box is full and his box is also full. On the 'old' forum, I didn't have to delete my PMS.

Arg, guess we will have to delete our good old messages. :(

So i'm guessing that any thread that has not been posted in the last 30 days does not show up anymore than... unless you change the search options at the bottom?

^^^ Thanks i found them and edited my Ying Yang guide....

are you going to take the underline out of the links?

Last edited: